Essendon's Penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who buys the "governance" line is just a fool. An utter fool.

The AFL have already punished Essendon. Regardless of the outcome of the tribunal they won't be doing so again.

This thread is funny. This board is funny. Same old same old, over and over again.
You're the fool. This post explains it nicely.

I'm not entirely surprised you slurp up the PR message so readily to be honest
Essendon negotiated with the AFL to not include doping as part of the punishment.

Instead, you were punished for lack of record keeping and bringing the game into disrepute (which you are still doing).

Get your head out of your arse.

You mean Little lied when he said the punishment was for failure to keep adequate records?
That can't be so! EFC have always been honest with all!

While we all know the penalties related to drug use, Essendon fans have been screaming from the rooftops since then that they haven't been found guilty, nor punished for prohibited substance use. Your chairman went out of his way to ensure that it was very, very clear that the penalties were not for drug use. We saw through it then, and we still see through it now.

At the same time, we all said it was going to bite them in the ass when the guilty verdict finally come down. How can anyone say they've already been punished for use of prohibited substances, when it was made absolutely crystal clear, and repeated regularly by the club that they haven't been punished for use of prohibited substances. Hope Little's wearing his bite-proof underpants.

because they've already punished them for it.

Yes, the AFL should have waited. But they didn't.

Remember the big hearing about this? The 3 day hearing with the lawyers at 12 steps? The one where EFC agreed to the penalties and Hird dropped the court action?

If anyone thinks that was done without an iron-clad guarantee of no "double-jeopardy" then they are naive.
Nail on head moment. I'm sure that is what went down. If EFC or the senior counsel they had doing the handholding believed that the AFL had any authority to issue any type of guarantee in respect of player INs, then they were naive. But I agree further sanctions from AFL is off the table. Little will have that in writing somewhere signed in blood.

Carlton's players didn't experience an economic loss from the club's actions. In fact there was a net benefit to them - they were paid above the salary cap.
I was in no way comparing their crime, I was saying their penalties cannot be compared when discussing their ongoing viability because Carlton didnt suffer ongoing law suits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton players are not at higher risk of children being borm demented or early cancer

Unlike Essendon players
you know this for a fact do you?
I don't want to see the Essendon Club fold. But I do recognise that (if found guilty) this could be the worst systemic performance enhancing scheme going on in any sport in the world..
Even if found guilty I dont think this would be the case. If as has been suggested Dank didnt know TB4 was banned the intention was never to dope the players. This should never be considered comparable to organisations that knowingly gave PEDs to players

you know this for a fact do you?
Even if found guilty I dont think this would be the case. If as has been suggested Dank didnt know TB4 was banned the intention was never to dope the players. This should never be considered comparable to organisations that knowingly gave PEDs to players

Do you know for a fact Essendon players health are at a no greater risk of cancer?

And children and potential children have no greater risk of deformity?

I can only quote medical experts

I don't think people realise how much the bans are gonna smash the club.

If players are banned the only further punishment should be stripping them of their first round pick for any year in which they have players banned (this will still see them enter the draft at pick 19).

I never made the claim they were at greater risk like you did you twit! It's basically an unknown

You and I both seem unsure.

Hence we should revert to the profession advice.

Which states child deformitive and cancer risks are higher than non drug cheats.

Oh Albert.

I can live with ( the only person ever). twice done for taking the game into disrepute. But I just pray no one dies

I was in no way comparing their crime, I was saying their penalties cannot be compared when discussing their ongoing viability because Carlton didnt suffer ongoing law suits

Irrelevant.

It's like somebody saying (in fact somebody recently did and was laughed at by one and all, including the magistrate) "I shouldn't be punished for damaging running into an innocent motorist while I was texting and had in fact sent dozens of texts in the previous minutes while driving my car. FFS I've got an expensive car and the repair bill is going to be a bitch."

You and I both seem unsure.

Hence we should revert to the profession advice.

Which states child deformitive and cancer risks are higher than non drug cheats.

Oh Albert.

I can live with ( the only person ever). twice done for taking the game into disrepute. But I just pray no one dies
can you point out where medical experts have said essendon players are now at great risk of child deformities and cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back