Universal Love Sheedy returns home to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blues were also fined $930,000 for the salary cap cheating involving both players along with Stephen O'Reilly and Fraser Brown. It remains amazing that the Blues' salary cap penalties were significantly harsher than those more recently handed to Essendon for the Bombers' cavalier handling of their players' welfare with potentially harmful and illegal drugs

lol wut?

"Chief executive Xavier Campbell would struggle to survive"

That comment really pissed me off.
No need for it to piss you off. It's laughable it's that stupid.

He became CEO late last year.

Lost. The. Plot.

"Not that Essendon should see Sheedy as its saviour, despite the Bombers' long-standing and more recently damaging messiah culture which can be traced back to Coleman."

No Caro, that's just how football clubs are. Clubs are littered with 'greats' that the fans rally around and love, it's not a messiah culture, it's footy - something she clearly knows nothing about.

Even moreso at successful clubs, leaving Caro unfamiliar with the feeling given it's been so long for the Tigers. It's hard to rejoice about the players and coaches that have consistently delivered mediocrity for nigh on 35 years.

Hahahaha what.

$2.5m fine, kicked out of finals, draft picks taken away, head coach suspended for a year, fines (and suspensions) handed out to other staff at the club.

Caro, you absolute toxic piece of s**t.

I did. I christened it the 'Jade-locking' device.

Its not a commercially friendly title though, how about:

- Rant-Rid
- No-splode
- The Cone of Silence
- Jadeaway
- The Mute-ilator
- Melano-spam

"Chief executive Xavier Campbell would struggle to survive" That comment really pissed me off.

How much better was it when she was on holidays wish it was permanent made reading The AGE more tolerable.

Humour me for a sec, because I'm not reading the article. How would Xavier Campbell struggle to survive? Is it just about being Little's lap dog? Seems like a strange comment to make given that he wasn't at the club or at least did not have an executive role and/or any responsibility for what happened in 2012.

Humour me for a sec, because I'm not reading the article. How would Xavier Campbell struggle to survive? Is it just about being Little's lap dog? Seems like a strange comment to make given that he wasn't at the club or at least did not have an executive role and/or any responsibility for what happened in 2012.

Xavier is probably struggling to survive right now, struggling for breath between fits of laughter at reading that virulent strain of gonorrhoeas excremental musings.....

She probably holds the view that everyone needs to go if players cop bans regardless if they were involved or not.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a commercially friendly title though, how about:

- Rant-Rid
- No-splode
- The Cone of Silence
- Jadeaway
- The Mute-ilator
- Melano-spam
Jade-Rid.

It makes no sense whatsoever. She was in full rant mode and it needs to be seen within that context.

No it doesn't actually, it sounds like the sort of lazy zing soundbite she comes up with when she gobs off about her latest infatuation. The sort that is mindlessly regurgitated by unthinking drones too lazy to think for themselves.

Sheedy well and truly stayed too long as a coach, no one questions that. That doesn't change in the slightest that he turned us from a mediocre, battling club in the 1970s into a powerhouse. It doesn't change the fact that he brought us four premierships, and it doesn't change the fact that he made the club a big deal purely because he just loved being a pest and getting in everyone's faces in his indomitable, quirky style. He was arguably more responsible for Essendon's enormous growth between 1980 and 2000 than anyone else.

Him returning to give us some pizzaz in our PR and to help some of the latent but lapsed elements of the supporter base remember why they supported the club is not a bad thing.

Yes, it's a feel good move but in the current environment, so damned what. Some smarmy buzz line from Carowhine about our messiah culture means three fifths of * all.

Xavier Campbell might struggle to survive. :$

Paul Little yeah probably even though he wasn't president at the time and we already had one pres fall on his sword. But he'll probably go for just being a s**t pres.

But Xavier Campbell... :$:$:$:$:$:$

Roh Roh

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...who-never-stops-learning-20150304-13v5yi.html

Kevin Sheedy's return to Essendon is about a man who never stops learning

Rohan Connolly
Senior AFL writer for The Age

Sheedy to return to Bombers
Essendon's legendary coach Kevin Sheedy is set to return to his old club ahead of the 2015 AFL season.

• Autoplay ONOFF
  • Video feedback
  • Video settings
You never stop learning has long been a favourite mantra of Kevin Sheedy's, particularly as his marathon stint as Essendon coach produced the inevitable questions about his age and ability to match wits with much younger contemporaries.

It's a philosophy he's lived more than ever as the inaugural coach of a new AFL club in foreign football surrounds, and for the past year-and-a-half after having ended his senior coaching days with Greater Western Sydney.

The result is that the Sheedy who appears certain to rejoin Essendon on a five-year deal likely to be finalised within the next week, will be a different beast again to the one who finished up with the Bombers back in 2007.

1425459128397.jpg

Kevin Sheedy is set to return to Essendon alongside James Hird.

It is a role, Essendon insist, that will be far more than merely ambassadorial. Sheedy will work closely with the club's commercial, community and marketing departments, and will have set key performance indicators by which he will be measured.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...who-never-stops-learning-20150304-13v5yi.html

This legitimately reads like a post from the Cult of Robbo thread.

Need to explain - Some have shown as sense of being underwhelmed over Sheedy's appointment - These same people forget that Sheedy gave us 4 premierships - Some easily forget.

Think of the story leaked to the HUN at the time of the proposed EGM - Remember the melatonin injection - It was a silly thing for Caro to include inher article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back