Cameron Rose Predicts Eagles will finish 14th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, and now we are in the same position minus Darling (for a decent chunk id imagine) and McKenzie. Difference between 9th - 14th is 3-4 wins.

That's the thing, we're not in the same position really.

Don't underestimate the change Simpson will bring to the team with another year under his belt.
Plus we have Naitanui with a full pre-season, more out of Yeo, Lecras, Rosa and a few others who had long-term injuries.
We saw Gaff and Shuey really elevate their game towards the end of the year, which so far looks to be carrying over.
We have possible improvement from Shep, Wellingham, Lycett, Cripps and Sheed
Possible new spark in Lamb, Duggan, Newman, Lucas.

I'd say we're better positioned this year than last year, save for Emac and Darling. (which is obviously a BIG loss)

Doesn't need it's own thread...actually, it probably already has one, but what about this The West Is Ours s**t that the club has come out with this year. How will that look after we inevitably lose/hand the Dockers both derbies on a silver platter...

Who cares? Finish 9th - finish 14th... not exactly a huge issue in the long run with the injuries we have. It will be frustrating to watch obviously, espescially if we call upon spuds like Mcginnity and Hill this year rather than expose some of our youth.

It's either finish 8th and make finals (only to be realistically booted within the first couple weeks by a quality team) or don't. That's all that matters.

FWIW i still see us finishing higher than GWS, Melb, STK, WBD, and Carlton. If we don't, Simmo will have a fire lit under him going into 2016.

Can't argue with him much to be honest.

With the loss of E-mac & the news on Darling not looking too flash, I can see us finishing there about.

I just hope I'm wrong...

Doesn't need it's own thread...actually, it probably already has one, but what about this The West Is Ours s**t that the club has come out with this year. How will that look after we inevitably lose/hand the Dockers both derbies on a silver platter...

I like to think (hope) it's annoying some Freo fans more than its annoying us which makes it ok.

Does the eventual egg on face make that worth it? I don't think so.
It's not like if we lost the derbies and didnt have those stickers the purples would shake our hand, say well played and walk off though. They're giving us s**t regardless.

It's not like if we lost the derbies and didnt have those stickers the purples would shake our hand, say well played and walk off though. They're giving us s**t regardless.
Mmm. I remember laughing at Carlton's cooking quip and now we come out with something like this. Makes me feel like a goose.

Would rather we actually show it on the field, which I'm not confident about.

Does the eventual egg on face make that worth it? I don't think so.

I think the point of the campaign was more than just the slogan.

Not sure if you're a member, but I received a sticker which had "The West is Richmond" (my suburb), which I thought was a pretty cool little marketing campaign. Those personalised products are better received than generic "Go West Coast" stuff.

I like the slogan and think boiling it down to just Freo v WC is missing the point of it all. Those things are rarely to be taken literally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the players are reading this stuff about one or two blokes determining whether we finish in the bottom 5 or not and pull their fingers out.

Hopefully the players are reading this stuff about one or two blokes determining whether we finish in the bottom 5 or not and pull their fingers out.
Can't find the post to quote but one poster said we could climb the ladder if the likes of Wellingham and Masten improve in the midfield. If we are relying on them to carry our improvement...mother of God.

Can't find the post to quote but one poster said we could climb the ladder if the likes of Wellingham and Masten improve in the midfield. If we are relying on them to carry our improvement...mother of God.
Well I don't think many sane people could suggest we will climb the ladder, but it only would take incremental improvement from a few blokes to prevent us finishing 14th as the OP suggests.

The fact he says Gaff is our most damaging while not rating Shuey says it all really. Don't think he knows much about the club

I think he's provided a pretty good analysis of where we're at without allowing for any upside, but the upside we're hoping for is exactly that, "hope".

After their first and second seasons it was clear that both Judd and Kerr would join cuzzy in the ranks of the elite. Whilst I think that Shuey/Gaff/Yeo and others can improve, I don't have the same confidence. Guys like scooter, Masten & Rosa I don't think have any significant improvement in them and will need to show consistency to help make us a better side.

I just hope we don't have run of wins towards the end of the season to finish 9th again. If we finish 14th but have prioritised games to the likes of Duggan/Cavka/Nelson over say McGinnity/Butler/Hill then I'll be comfortable with where we're heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back