PC Football Manager 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

NUFC Tiger - I've just played matchday 15 of the 2022-23 season and had a quick look up and down the league system and saw Newcastle struggling. But then I saw where Sunderland were.

Newcastle is 15th in the premier league, 3 points clear of the drop zone.
Sunderland is 24th in the championship, 5 points away from safety.

Made me wonder.
Would you rather
A) Be relegated and have the derby to beat Sunderland.
or
B) Be relegated, but have Sunderland relegated to remain in a division below you.
If you get a second to look it up could you tell me where West Ham and Stevenage are in your game?
Thanks.

Where are the Smoggies (Boro) sitting in your game? Behind the Mackems, they're our next biggest rivals in the battle for NE supremacy. :cool:
After matchday 16 of the EPL, they're currently dead last in the premier league by 3 points, 5 points from safety and for the record, Newcastle beat them 5-0.
If you get a second to look it up could you tell me where West Ham and Stevenage are in your game?
Thanks.
West Ham is in the championship, they're up to matchday 22, they're 14th (8 points from playoff spot, 7 points from relegation)
Stevenage is down to League 2 (Matchday 21), they're 8th, 2 points from a playoff spot and 16 points from relegation zone.

NUFC Tiger - Newcastle do the double over Middlesbrough 9-1 aggregate :p

Delicious DB!

Just checked my latest Supercastle career - FC have just been promoted to the Conference National in my game and will probably be looking to consolidate their place during the upcoming 18/19 season. Mighty Forest Green (who I also manage) have escaped relegation from League One with a handful of points to spare and will hopefully push towards mid table safety in the next season. ;)

Took 4 years at trying, but I finally won the English Premier League with Hayes and Yeading having brought them up from Conference South!
Going to resign at seasons end (won the league on matchday 36) and move to another country and build up probably a German/Spanish/Italian team from the lowest tier in the game there.

The year started with everyone but Tottenham and Liverpool stinking it up, Liverpool slipped mid year, I've dominated the last 2-3 months while Tottenham has collapsed epically.
Im champions.
Tottenham almost certainly runners up.
Liverpool/United/City fighting to round out the top 4 (Liverpool vastly superior GD, other 2 tied but United have the GF edge easily)

After losing my saves for all my games a while back (I should really back them up), I'm finally getting back into this. I wasn't sure which club to go with so I just started up a save as my beloved Everton again. I made no transfers during my first season other than getting rid of Alcaraz and Kone for a few million. Ended up finishing 6th on the table and winning the Capital and FA cup and getting first rounded in the UEFA Europa League (?).

Going to focus on getting the right players to suit a formation. Not sure which formation but I'll build around McCarthy, Stones and Barkley. Hopefully I can take the title in my second season and then move onto a lower league club (pending they will actually pay zz).

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH >.<
Went up 3-1 in the 57th.
3-2 in the 90th
3-3 in the 90th+2
3-4 in the 90th+3

Never seen a collapse like that (for or against) before.
3 goals in 4 minutes and the last minutes of the game to blow it?!?!?!?!?!??!

Now I know how Liverpool fans felt vs Palace last year.

And that's why you play defensive in cup games.
Me - 1st year in Serie B after promotion
Opposition - Palermo - Serie A

I go defensive (well, counter)
Get dominated. 0-0 at the end of Extra time, 33 shots (11 on target) to 0.

I win the penalty shootout :p

Bought Pogba for 76m cos I had the money and had never signed him. Oh boy.

Finished the season on 98 points.

Alexis won player of the year with 20 goals and 14 assists from 32 games with an average rating of 7.77, and somehow only got named on the team of the year substitutes. :$

Scored 97 in the league and only conceded 20. Won the league and FA Cup. Lost in the quarters of the CL to Chelsea. Had only one fit forward (Alexis), after selling Martinez to Corinthians a few weeks before and Lacazette going down the week before for France with a sprained ankle and Berrardi out with a torn calf muscle.

Lacazette dominated with 24 goals in 39 games overall and starting the season slowly.

Not sure who I will sign this coming off season. My budget is 138m so I have a lot to play with.

Just saw in one of my games Aberdeen smacked some Gibraltar club 11-2 in the Europa League after the first leg ended 1-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid table 1/4 (maybe a 1/3) of the way through my 1st season in Serie B, but I'm keeping an eye on England still, see how Hayes and Yeading is going.
They fired Cocu after 1 season and signed Moyes, David Moyes has brought them back up to challenge for the champions league. Currently 4th, 3 points clear of 5th, with a game in hand.

But what I found interesting. 12 games in and Arsenal is dead last, 4 points from safety.
I wonder if they'll get relegated.
oh and jd2010 - Tottenham won the 2023-24 league season and are in the box seat to win 2024-25.

Arsenal on a roll!
3-4-0 since New Years
Only 2 points from safety with a game in hand!

Nice to see Hayes and Yeading doing well since I left, 3 points behind Manchester United and Tottenham in 3rd spot. Though, Spurs have 2 games in hand.

Wow, entering the final day and Arsenal is in the relegation zone.

Norwich is relegated with MK Dons, Aston Villa and Arsenal fighting for survival still.

Aston Villa (18th) vs MK Dons (17th)
West Ham (11th) vs Arsenal (19th)

Winner of Aston Villa vs MK Dons survives, loser is gone as well as Arsenal.
If it's a draw, if Arsenal win they're safe and Villa and MK Dons are gone.

Arsenal won 2-1 and did what they needed.
MK Dons went up 1-0 in the 18th.
Aston Villa tied it 1-1 in the 55th.
Penalty, in the 85 minute, it's good, Aston Villa won 2-1.

Arsenal relegated in 2024-25 :eek:

Won the league in 2018 for the fourth successive season. Lost the FA Cup to City after dominating. Lost the CL final to Madrid which I am spewing about. Ronaldo hit the winner in the 91st minute. And is somehow still like God at 33.

It wasn't all bad news. Check these stats from Lacazette out.

4lKM3CJ.png

Would have had more if he didn't get injured and miss a handful of games. Hit numerous hat tricks, at least five. Scored four when I beat Southampton 8-0. 10 assists in the league and 14overall.

Here is my squad's overall stats.

1OvMjqn.png

Sanchez had 23 assists. Ozil 19.

Got Isco coming in for 39m.

Started a Forest Green career over Easter and just about to kick off a new season in the championship after 3 successive seasons of promotion.

Going to be a massive task to stay up this season - I cheated a bit by making Newcastle the parent club of FGR in the database and loaning most of our decent youngsters (except for the ones good enough for the first team) who formed the bulk of my promotion winning teams. Guys like Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi, Armstrong, Satka, Kemen and Streete were good enough to dominate the Conference and lower leagues but I'm not convinced they'll do enough in the Championship.

The youth setup is horrible (still rated as category 4) so essentially nothing being produced to help me. Stadium is being expanded to meet league requirements (think the current capacity is a fraction over 5k lol).

Got a transfer budget of about $500k and not a whole lot of wage budget to play with I think, so I will need to be very frugal with my signings. Planning to sign quite a few free transfers and transfer listed players.

Some interesting things from my game - Spurs won the EPL in my most recent season with Southampton 3rd, Ginger Pirlo (Colback) went to Chelsea for about $10m and the Jets made the A League Grand Final only to lose to Adelaide. :(

Playing as Adelaide United, have had some weird observations. In my first season, I signed Lucas Neill on a free and he ended up scoring 12 goals for the season. Second weird observation, I tend to get average scores against everyone. 1-0 wins, etc. except against Perth glory. In my 6 games so far against them the scores have been-
1-8 home
0-8 away
6-5 home
11-3 away
5-5 home
6-2 away
Anyone else get weird scores? And why would this just happen against Perth?

I am still playing FM 14 with one particular save. Am up to 2036/37. Managed Malmo, bolton, villarreal, malmo again, and then had 15ish seasons at Southampton. Planning on leaving when they finish building their new stadium (hopefully named after me!!). Will post some stats later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back