How do you see the end of the PL season finishing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was saying yesterday that Silva is probably the best player I've seen at City, and one of the best since I first started watching English football (1992). Just had a look and only one ToTY spot, and doesn't really seem a factor in most peoples eyes this season.

Underrated?

I do see what he is saying though. He is recognised as one of the best midfielders in world football but doesn't often get the glowing praises game after game that he probably should. This has probably been his best season for Man City. I would have him in my toty over Sanchez

Spurs would have been a lot worse off without Eriksen this season. Won them at least 9 points off his own boot at the death.
Yeah, a player like Coutinho puts himself about a bit better than Eriksen - but his impact with the ball is as devastating as anyone in the league.

Was saying yesterday that Silva is probably the best player I've seen at City, and one of the best since I first started watching English football (1992). Just had a look and only one ToTY spot, and doesn't really seem a factor in most peoples eyes this season.

Underrated?
How come he gets overlooked for Spain?

How come he gets overlooked for Spain?
He doesn't really. Getting close to 100 caps now, and apart from a couple of games at the World Cup he's been a fairly regular starter (when fit) for a few years now.

Hull manages to draw with United on the final day of the season. As a consequence, they avoid relegation and United miss the Champions League.

11028716_10206162409526256_7426341579401663377_n.jpg

Hull manages to draw with United on the final day of the season. As a consequence, they avoid relegation and United miss the Champions League.

11028716_10206162409526256_7426341579401663377_n.jpg

You have us getting 4 more points for the entire season? With one of those against Man United? :O

Fair to say both clubs got absolute bargains. Compare it to how much United paid for Mata, and then consider their relative impacts on the team and it's mind boggling.

To be fair though Mata was an established star of the competition and had produced a phenomenal season at Chelsea before Mourinho returned. You can't really compare these transfers when you consider neither Coutinho nor Eriksen have come close to what Mata has done at his best.

Also considering impacts, interestingly enough Mata and Coutinho actually have the same number of combined goals and assists in the league this season with 8, Mata has done this with less games too FWIW.

Ha ha, a Steve Bruce side getting a point against Man United.

They'll be printing t-shirts. "I was there when Brucey forgot to bend over".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back