No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
also no coons. probs keeping a few on ice?
Agreed. If you looked at this being out first hit out with no suspensions, I'd be guessing that we'd have half our list not playing in any case.

Really no difference here.

must resist urge to get self banned...
giphy.gif

I dont like the suggestion that ASADA offered 6 months suspension earlier this year, so essentially considered the players had a case for no significant fault and substantial assistance, but dont seem to be prepared to consider the same now. I know this earlier offer may have been part of a deal but the players probably werent prepared to take that deal due to the fact they honestly didnt believe they were given TB4. If they did give substantial assistance during their interviews, and demonstrated a reasonable case for no significant fault, this should hold true whether they take a deal or not.
Substantial assistance is the key. Yes, they should absolutely qualify for no significant fault, but its the substantial assistance in accepting guilt and not making ASADA try to prove it to comfortable satisfaction, which they seem unable to do.

Again as I keep saying, ASADA are yet to prove anything against Cronulla - other than have the players say "Yeah ok, we did it. For a 3 game ban - we did it." The non-dealers aren't proven drug cheats.

Had a chat to one of the trainers, said Joey pulled up a little sore from a session last week.

Nothing to worry about.

I heart you Sledgey...

The overreaction to this latest s**t is hysterical.

I swear, people are just chomping at anything now looking for a reason to be angry. Go and do something with your lives, FFS.

if Ralphy had the chance to bury Essendon he would. If there was even a sniff of a story about this then it would be huge news and journos would be falling over themselves to break it and it would be reported in places other than the HTB.

Yet, it's not...

But don't imagine even that logic will dissuade them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The overreaction to this latest s**t is hysterical.

I swear, people are just chomping at anything now looking for a reason to be angry. Go and do something with your lives, FFS.
Like what?

I dunno. Ride a pogo stick? Play croquet? Go and smash another bucket of the Kentucky colonel's finest fried chook?

Ahhhhh the dirty bird.

if Ralphy had the chance to bury Essendon he would. If there was even a sniff of a story about this then it would be huge news and journos would be falling over themselves to break it and it would be reported in places other than the HTB.

Yet, it's not...

But don't imagine even that logic will dissuade them
Someone needs to set him up for a massive fail.

Since others are allowed to interpret any new story as they please, I'm going to take the liberty and do the same.

I choose to see this new development as a suggestion the players have an even stronger feeling they will be cleared now, and as such feel that anonymity is not as important as it was earlier in the process.

Is it true? Wouldn't have a clue. Could be though.

Since others are allowed to interpret any new story as they please, I'm going to take the liberty and do the same.

I choose to see this new development as a suggestion the players have an even stronger feeling they will be cleared now, and as such feel that anonymity is not as important as it was earlier in the process.

Is it true? Wouldn't have a clue. Could be though.

You are pretty good at that,
Some constructive criticism if i may though,

-Needs a headline that makes a bold statement, then holds no quotes to back it up
- You need to reference some abstract source that will go un named, adds weight to your arguement see
- You need to repost the same thing with a different headline
- You need to insert that opinion into every post you make from now on, even things not relating to said opinion.

If you can add some of those suggestions in, Congratulations your well on your way to becoming a chief football writer.

Players would be foolish to admit guilt when in all likelihood they were not administered TB4 even with the carrot of a reduced sentence.

How can they possibly trust ASADA and the AFL for that matter.

They were told to self report believing that it was in their best interest. They allowed all players to be interviewed. They could not have been more co-operative , and every time it has blown up in their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back