news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm shocked that you could have gotten better odds than that a year and a half ago :eek:
I think it was about $12 or so before his hollaway fight and I wasn't sure then I jumped on it straight after but he had plummeted..

the same bet is paying like $1.50 now lol shorter than his Aldo odds

Is everyone here saying that McGregor will win basing that on what they think will happen or what they want to happen?

McGregor has shown that he's very good, but Aldo has been the best at 145 for years. There's no way I can pick against Aldo.

Except when he's calling people Nazis I guess.

I dont buy into the Conor hype. I think I'm the only one within my group of mates that thinks it. Aldo is a beast, has proven it time and time again. The only way I see Conor winning is via KO and I cant see Aldo being KO'd in my dreams

I dont buy into the Conor hype. I think I'm the only one within my group of mates that thinks it. Aldo is a beast, has proven it time and time again. The only way I see Conor winning is via KO and I cant see Aldo being KO'd in my dreams
I said the same thing about tj and barao.. Conor's got the accuracy, power, unpredictability and I think the biggest thing going into this fight.. he ain't scared and he definatly believes. I'm pretty sure dana does as well.

Aldo is indeed a beast, but I believe the hype and think McGregor will give Aldo fits. Personally, I don't care for him and think he'll struggle with an elite level wrestler, but the match up with Aldo is one that I think he can win.

Step 1 - go to hola.org IN CHROME BROWSER

Step 2 - Select Ireland from the drop down box

Step 3- enter this link in the url box beside where you have just chosen Ireland http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10382179/

Step 4 - It will prompt you to install hola add on for Chrome, do this

Step 5 - Watch video and enjoy!

Only episode 3 and 4 are available.

wanted to watch ep 4 but it still says "content currently not availble in your region". but in the top right where the hola logo is it has an irish flag and seems like it should be working.

its doing me.

wanted to watch ep 4 but it still says "content currently not availble in your region". but in the top right where the hola logo is it has an irish flag and seems like it should be working.

its doing me.
did you click on hola and search the channel? I selected ireland and found the channel. Worked a treat thus far.

did you click on hola and search the channel? I selected ireland and found the channel. Worked a treat thus far.
i goto hola.org, change it to ireland, paste in the link that Brett33 gave us, then it comes up with "unlocking website" or something of that nature, it takes me to the rte.ie home page, i click on the "rte player", search for "notorious", then it says its not avalible in my region

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the fact he hasn't had his ground game tested is irrelevant! pretty sure Aldo won't try for a take down unless his desperate and it's not like aldo has great offensive wrestling.
I don't agree with this. Aldo will try to take him down if he thinks that's his best bet. He's a very smart fighter. He took the Korean Zombie down a bunch of times, although that might have had something to do with the fact that he broke his foot very early in that fight.

Aldo might not have great offensive wrestling but it's at least pretty good. In his WEC/UFC career he's only attempted a takedown in 4 fights and he's landed a takedown in all 4 of those fights.

I don't know who mentioned Aldo's lack of killer instinct but in his last fight he showed it. Mendes took it to him and he fired back and came close to finishing Mendes. Fights where the other guy doesn't take it to him are the ones where he can coast and does at times. McGregor will bring it to him as Mendes did and I expect Aldo will have to fire back.

any one watched the new Conor McGregor doco thru rte and hola? keeps lagging every 5 seconds.. the other eps didn't do it to me
Same. The one before lagged 5 minutes in so I had to come back to it later. Streaming like that is always a pain in the arse

last week I was ******* around with some mates and tried to get out of some chokeholds, and my throat has been coarse for about 5 days now. Is this to be expected?
I'm gunna say yes, but have no experience in bjj.. I've been there haha mate grabbed me in a head lock that left me sore for a while.. it ended in an unnecessary upkick from me, 'twas real crisp and his lip was ****ed for a bit haha

last week I was ******* around with some mates and tried to get out of some chokeholds, and my throat has been coarse for about 5 days now. Is this to be expected?
Maybe, it's not uncommon if you're not used to getting choked on a regular basis, or someone's dogging some schoolyard bully chokes on you or don't know what they're really doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back