Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fined $2.5K after pleading guilty of possession with no conviction.

Is cocaine legal now numb3rs. :confused:

What a joke our legal system is!
Rather than fine him, they should have sent him over to a certain isolated Indonesian island, at his own expense, where he could witness first hand what happens to drug traffickers elsewhere. Maybe that'd get his mind right, because a $2,500 fine wouldn't even rate as an inconvenience where he's concerned. :rolleyes:

I've been in customer service as well. You aren't always at your best. It's obviously different because these guys aren't in customer service.

Sam Mitchell is the perfect footballer on and off the field. He's been my favourite non Carlton player for many years. How he held himself after they dropped him as captain was nothing short of superb.

I think you're missing my point, no they're not in customer service, but members & fans we're customers...these guys are paid big bucks, marketing & interaction with sponsors and fans is part of their job in particular the senior guys, my point was if I was indifferent to a customer for whatever reason, I'd be asked to explain myself, you need to rise above any car problem or whatever, its not like they do it day in day out 3 hours at a sponsor dinner, sponsors and members are the life blood, maybe this attitude finds in the situation we're in now, members waning, can't seem to convert supporters into members.

These prima donnas need to harden up and give back a little.

Great news for footy !!

Jeremy Cameron staying on at GWS is even more important for that footy club then if they signed Buddy..

They sold him a vision and hopefully a few of their other young guns follow suit.

Said in another thread that we had no chance to sign Jezza (due to lack of trade collateral) ..

Jon Patton may be gettable in a few years though.

But I am very happy GWS have retained their most important asset, it wasn't a good look for the league for the vultures to circle that club..

Love watching footy at Fremantle Oval, such a picturesque setting, and as for that SIREN !!! Absolute crackers ! LOL

SOS has them lining up to get to us.....or has the Rogers removal had an adverse effect?

We shall see.

Not sure losing Rogers will have any impact. And to be honest the only GWS player i think we have a chance of getting is Treloar.

Not sure losing Rogers will have any impact. And to be honest the only GWS player i think we have a chance of getting is Treloar.

No? It did last year when a player lost interest for having our President meddling with affairs.

Good will and trust can go a long way with the right people attached. Do others trust SOS? We shall see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No? It did last year when a player lost interest for having our President meddling with affairs.

Good will and trust can go a long way with the right people attached. Do others trust SOS? We shall see.

Cameron would have cost us too much, so unless a club was prepared to sell the farm he would have stayed in Sydney.
IMO there is a big difference between a president sticking their nose in and a RM that you're unlikely to have much to do with during the year.

Cameron would have cost us too much, so unless a club was prepared to sell the farm he would have stayed in Sydney.
IMO there is a big difference between a president sticking their nose in and a RM that you're unlikely to have much to do with during the year.

Cameron would have been out of reach but pres did make a balls-up of things for us last year and it cost big time.

If SOS is indeed respected by players from his ex side then we should be able to reel in a good one as the lines of communication were well and truly opened up last year already.......and if he can't? We shall talk then.

Shiel, Treloar, Dev Smith, Coniglio all uncontracted end of the year. Get Shiel.

I believe Treloar has re-signed (or very close to) ..

Honestly think Cameron's singing will see a trickle of young gun signings at GWS.

Don't feel comfortable the idea of our club being Raiders of the Lost GWS Ark, lets give the Giants are chance to be somewhat successful in a damn hard market to crack ..

Anyhow Trigg said we won't be big free agent /trading players at the end of season 2015 and I'll take his word for it.

Don't feel comfortable the idea of our club being Raiders of the Lost GWS Ark, lets give the Giants are chance to be somewhat successful in a damn hard market to crack ..

Anyhow Trigg said we won't be big free agent /trading players at the end of season 2015 and I'll take his word for it.

Respect your opinion, but bully for GWS, this is dog eat dog, Hawthorn, Sydney & Geelong have been picking the bones out of FA since it's inception.

Boyd was supposedly untouchable 'til lunchtime of the last day of Trade Week, quite happy for us to roll out the coins post 2015.

Dangerfield is out there..........

Respect your opinion, but bully for GWS, this is dog eat dog, Hawthorn, Sydney & Geelong have been picking the bones out of FA since it's inception.

Boyd was supposedly untouchable 'til lunchtime of the last day of Trade Week, quite happy for us to roll out the coins post 2015.

Dangerfield is out there..........

Got no probs us gunning for Dangerfield, but in ideal world, I'd prefer it if clubs had a gentlemen's agreement not to raid GWS or Gold Coast players for the first 10 or so years of their existence..

Yes it is perhaps a foolish sentiment, but i just feel uncomfortable with all clubs just waiting to pounce on the expansion clubs kids, not really in the spirit of the game ..

Yes it is perhaps a foolish sentiment, but i just feel uncomfortable with all clubs just waiting to pounce on the expansion clubs kids, not really in the spirit of the game ..

Like how GWS pilfered Scully & family from Melbourne.

Real gentleman's stuff.

I've been in customer service as well. You aren't always at your best. It's obviously different because these guys aren't in customer service.

Sam Mitchell is the perfect footballer on and off the field. He's been my favourite non Carlton player for many years. How he held himself after they dropped him as captain was nothing short of superb.
Sam Mitchell and I have mutual friends... He was a complete prat as a young man... and has come a long, long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back