No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Whatever the tribunal finds I haven’t seen one bit of evidence that says that in any way whatever was injected, had any knowledge that it may have been anything other than legal and appropriate,”

“It’s not a defence under the code ... I’ve read the majority of the evidence and ASADA have never alleged that the players actually had a knowing part in it.”

- Gillon McLachlan today on 3AW.

I'm absolutely ****ing flabbergasted McGlachlan would make a statement like that after all this time, and only a few days prior to the verdict being delivered.

Don't know what to read into it. But I'm really shocked at the timing of his statement.

1000-facepalms-o.gif

bag_head.jpg

Last edited:
So a few GWS players change address. Players "take" their "supplements". Players then all have a sleepover at the new house of those few players. ASADA can't find any players for drug testing. Players have something to hide. ALL GWS PLAYERS ARE GUILTY.

I think that's how the HTB does it anyway.

Wet lettuce slap

- Leon Cameron and the football department to be banned for life.
- Stripped of draft picks for the next decade
- Play for no points 2015,2016,& 2017

Am i doing this right.

I think what Gill is trying to get at is that even if players didn't know they were being injected with something banned, they can still be found guilty.

In other words, 'strict liability' - just saying you didn't know it was banned doesn't absolve you.

Just as a guess to what he is trying to say, even if players are found guilty, it is in no way their fault and a penalty for them should be minimal.

That's what I think he is hinting at.
He can't be hinting at that, at least not in any way he'd admit to - under AFL rules, if players are found guilty, that's because the AFL (via the tribunal) deems it IS at least partially their fault, as defined by the rules.

He's not about to admit or suggest that there are AFL rules that punish completely innocent players.

The crux of the problem with everyone seems to me is "young healthy players getting injected with all sorts of unproven substances not weather if they are legal or not."

If this is the case then why should the players be punished shouldn't the anger and punishment be directed towards Dank and other people who allowed this to happen?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crust of the problem with everyone seems to me is "young healthy players getting injected with all sorts of unproven substances not weather if they are legal or not."

If this is the case then why should the players be punished shouldn't the anger and punishment be directed towards Dank and other people who allowed this to happen?

bread-crust-23868880.jpg
;)

It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong, or if his intentions are good, he's supposed to leave it in the tribunals hands for the moment and wait and see on their verdict and reasoning. It's unprofessional and smells a bit of him knowing more than he let's on, which isn't right.

Yep.

Interesting that in the latest HUN article that Gill labored the point about players being duped and that the WADA cccccCode doesn't necessarily cover this provision. Think this may have been a core reason as to why the relationship broke down between ASADA and the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back