Official Club Stuff Official Box Hill Hawks FC thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pleased to announce that a representative of the Box Hill Hawks has joined the BigFooty forums and will post from time to time about the mighty Hawks in this dedicated thread from time to time as required.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks Dixie!

Firstly, it's great to see the level of enthusiasm on this board surrounding the Hawks. The continued success of this alignment is thanks to the buy in of all parties, not the least of which being Hawthorn supporters. Essentially, I'm looking to help expand upon the experience supporters currently have with Box Hill and make the Hawks as accessible and enjoyable to follow as possible moving forward.

To this end, your moderators were so kind as to start this thread for me to keep you up to date with any news coming out of the Club as well as answer your questions where possible.

We're currently in the process of formulating what our game-day coverage is going to entail, so if you have any suggestions on what you feel would expand your Box Hill experience in 2015, just leave a suggestion in this thread and we'll try and incorporate that in our planning.

In the mean time, only 35 more days until the boys are back in action!

Go Hawks.

Thanks Dixie!

Firstly, it's great to see the level of enthusiasm on this board surrounding the Hawks. The continued success of this alignment is thanks to the buy in of all parties, not the least of which being Hawthorn supporters. Essentially, I'm looking to help expand upon the experience supporters currently have with Box Hill and make the Hawks as accessible and enjoyable to follow as possible moving forward.

To this end, your moderators were so kind as to start this thread for me to keep you up to date with any news coming out of the Club as well as answer your questions where possible.

We're currently in the process of formulating what our game-day coverage is going to entail, so if you have any suggestions on what you feel would expand your Box Hill experience in 2015, just leave a suggestion in this thread and we'll try and incorporate that in our planning.

Go Hawks.

Fantastic news! Welcome aboard!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thanks Dixie!

Go Hawks.

Any up-dates on list additions?....Things seem to have gone all quiet on that front over the last month or so.

Any up-dates on list additions?....Things seem to have gone all quiet on that front over the last month or so.

We've got a couple of spots on the list to fill yet and then we'll be in a position to announce the final list. Hopefully that's not too far away from being finalised.

Thanks for joining the board, Box Hill Hawks

Looking forward to the information you and the club provide.

Just on that topic, while I'm sure we will be respectful of the interaction the club will have with its fans, there will be some areas of the club where angels won't be able to tread. For example, selection questions, game strategy, etc, will be off-limits.

Outstanding result! Real foresight and strategic planning by Box Hill leadership to give diehard fans proper recognition and some insight into the 'nitty, gritty' of what's going on with our Hawks. All the best for a great year ahead and look forward to catching up with all the latest. (As DF outlined, I'm sure we all understand and respect the need for some confidentiality and discipline in these matters; whatever you can provide - as an official source - I'm certain will be much appreciated.) Cheers!

This is a great addition for those supporters who are not in Victoria.

Box Hill Hawks, how is Ayden Kennedy's recovery going? Is he still on the list?

Thanks Moginie, Ayden is indeed on the list and is recovering well. The surgeon is happy with his progress and he's back in modified training.

Thanks Moginie, Ayden is indeed on the list and is recovering well. The surgeon is happy with his progress and he's back in modified training.
That's great to hear. It was a brave but cruel ending to his season last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got a couple of spots on the list to fill yet and then we'll be in a position to announce the final list. Hopefully that's not too far away from being finalised.

Now that houdinihuddo has filled us in on sum of the new list additions, any chance of adding some details to their names?....For example, their D.O.B, Height & Weights.

Mainly the guys from other codes as I have the details on the TAC Cup newbies:

Here's the desired list:

Lochie Adey
Patrick Dillon
Xavier Dimasi
Ben Fitzpatrick
James Handley
Liam Kidd
Agapate Patolo
Jack Sandric
James sullivan

Also, can you confirm/deny whether Peter McEvoy will play for Box Hill in 2015?

Finally, what exactly is your role at Box Hill?....Are you able to disclose that info....Further, are you privvy to each & every training session?

Cheers!

Now that houdinihuddo has filled us in on sum of the new list additions, any chance of adding some details to their names?....For example, their D.O.B, Height & Weights.

Updated player profiles will hopefully all be done soon, we're in the process of switching over to a new website so when that goes live, all new player profiles will be available.

Also, can you confirm/deny whether Peter McEvoy will play for Box Hill in 2015?

The finalised playing list will be up on boxhillhawks.com.au within the next few hours, but I think you'll be happy with one name on that list. ;)

Finally, what exactly is your role at Box Hill?....Are you able to disclose that info....Further, are you privvy to each & every training session?

Sure, I'm the Media Coordinator at the club for this season which covers content production, social media management etc. As for training sessions, not presently, but when the team starts training at BHCO from April 1 I should be there for at least one a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Box Hill Hawks!!

As I live in Box Hill, but support North Melbourne in the AFL, I found a few years ago your special membership for Box Hill residents the best option for me to see Box Hill games. Are you going to bring back this membership in the near future?

I think it would be a great time to get some more supporters in the Box Hill area to games, especially after the success of affiliate club Hawthorn's back to back premiership wins and also Box Hill making the Grand Final for a 2nd year in a row.

Box Hill Hawks - any reason for the sudden change in the date of the practice match that was played today instead of tomorrow? Also, will the practice match currently scheduled for Good Friday (I believe) go ahead and if so, what time are the games for seniors and development squad?

Seniors game actually started half an hour earlier than advertised. No food either - would have expected Mick to be out manning the barbie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back