No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Sanders about this. Personally I think it'd take an enormous amount of hide for Danger to go the PSD route after going on about how much the club has looked after him and how he'll never be able to repay the club. Make him **** us over and look like the bad guy.
Won't happen.

Not in either danger's nor Afc's interests to use the psd.

What about delistings? Let's say we delisted a few players an Reilly retired. How long are their salaries on the books?

Also assuming we have wangled the 95% of cap trick.....

We match. No FA compo
We delist no trade

He's off our books and soon as we release him or the end of October before the draft

The system is setup to discourage matching. It's not a neutral act.
Presumably what would happen is that Danger signs for Geelong, and we speak with him and say we'll match terms - will be a gree to stay? If he says no, it would also be reasonable to expect him and his manager to say that they will not cooperate with a trade and we'd better much better off taking the compo and trying to attract somone else with the cap space in trade week

I claimed Gibbs had agreed to terms, which I stand by as being correct. Agreeing to terms & signing are different things.

sure he did... ;)

Sloane will remain with Afc - There are things happening behind the scenes.

If you know that, why doesn't anyone know about danger?

Besides you claimed sloane HAD signed not would sign ;)

Did you have anything useful to add or just continuing to snipe those who actually provide information to this board...

Says the guy happy to bully Alex for page on end without a hint of humour or banter?
Maybe take yourself a little less seriously?

We match. No FA compo
We delist no trade

He's off our books and soon as we release him or the end of October before the draft

The system is setup to discourage matching. It's not a neutral act.
Presumably what would happen is that Danger signs for Geelong, and we speak with him and say we'll match terms - will be a gree to stay? If he says no, it would also be reasonable to expect him and his manager to say that they will not cooperate with a trade and we'd better much better off taking the compo and trying to attract somone else with the cap space in trade week
Do you think Danger would go to the PSD?

Don't you think Danger would instruct the Cats to trade with us.

Do you think Danger would go to the PSD?

Don't you think Danger would instruct the Cats to trade with us.

Genuinely?

I think he would threaten to not play nicely if we matched. He'd tell us it was business, not personal: it was time to man up and move on. We have a nice compo pick on the table and replacements to line up. If we stood in his way, we could expect no help at all.

My guess is that this conversation has already been used by other RFA's to their clubs to discourage matching.

"You've got a good options over there, and a really bad option on offer over here. Be smart about it"

If he wants to go and we play silly buggere I don't think he'll feel obligated to help us out. That would be on us.

At least that's my guess on how it might play out

Danger says he feels in the club's debt yet is open to leaving for fa compo, setting us back years.
If he wants to go all bets are off. He'll use the psd if he has to.
Somehow I just can't see Danger preferring to play for Bulldogs or Saints rather than staying at a place he obviously loves. If he can't manage to get exactly where he wants, I doubt he'd risk ending up at a club where finals and premiership chances are way more remote than the Crows.

Genuinely?

I think he would threaten to not play nicely if we matched. He'd tell us it was business, not personal: it was time to man up and move on. We have a nice compo pick on the table and replacements to line up. If we stood in his way, we could expect no help at all.

My guess is that this conversation has already been used by other RFA's to their clubs to discourage matching.

"You've got a good options over there, and a really bad option on offer over here. Be smart about it"

If he wants to go and we play silly buggere I don't think he'll feel obligated to help us out. That would be on us.

My feel is he genuinely loves the club and feels indebted. If he goes it will be home to Geelong and he will instruct them to trade after we match. It will go down ala the Judd trade except we obviously won't be receiving as much.

Still think he will stay but not overly confident.

Somehow I just can't see Danger preferring to play for Bulldogs or Saints rather than staying at a place he obviously loves. If he can't manage to get exactly where he wants, I doubt he'd risk ending up at a club where finals and premiership chances are way more remote than the Crows.
I guess it all depends how likely he and his manager think that is. Tippett got to the swans. Past gws who had a greater need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely?

His manager would definitely be playing the angle your suggesting. I think the club needs to match and put it back on Patty if it comes to it. A walk out to the PSD would not be good for his image considering all his commentary and I can't see him going for it.

Genuinely?

Agree. If he cared what we get in return, he'd have put his hand up last off season and requested a trade. If he leaves as a fa he's leaves as exactly that. Theres not going to be some gooey feel good trade to make us feel better. We have the same s**t cards as any club who loses a star to fa.

Crows match a 6m / 5 yr offer from geelong

Danger nominates for psd.

Telephone rings in STK office.
Hi Richo, Connors here want to talk about danger. He's going into the draft, 2 years only. Really wants to play for Geelong, feels they're in a good place list wise. Near to home. Family too. Dads getting on, might not be able to focus on footy if he's too far away from the family. Why he's leaving adelaide. Those mid week visits to mogg creek probably might interfere with training and rehab. Rehab? Yeah, those shoulders are not looking great: thinking about surgery. Long slow process that one. reckon the geelong air might suit him though. Bit highly strung is danger, can be disruptive when not happy. Reckon that's why adelaide didn't offer the captaincy. He can be a bit of sulk, but I'm sure he'll be professional. 2 years, did I mention he's unrestricted in 2 years?

Click

You really think they're taking him? High money. High risk. Lot of damage to culture. Going to walk and slam the door behind him in 2 years time

He's going to sail through.

Hi Richo, Connors here want to talk about danger. He's going into the draft, 2 years only. Really wants to play for Geelong, feels they're in a good place list wise. Near to home. Family too. Dads getting on, might not be able to focus on footy if he's too far away from the family. Why he's leaving adelaide. Those mid week visits to mogg creek probably might interfere with training and rehab. Rehab? Yeah, those shoulders are not looking great: thinking about surgery. Long slow process that one. reckon the geelong air might suit him though. Bit highly strung is danger, can be disruptive when not happy. Reckon that's why adelaide didn't offer the captaincy. He can be a bit of sulk, but I'm sure he'll be professional. 2 years, did I mention he's unrestricted in 2 years?

Click

You really think they're taking him? High money. High risk. Lot of damage to culture. Going to walk and slam the door behind him in 2 years time

We finish below Geelong and pick him up. He loves the club remember. Doesn't cost us anything.

Ryan okeefe style.

My feel is he genuinely loves the club and feels indebted. If he goes it will be home to Geelong and he will instruct them to trade after we match. It will go down ala the Judd trade except we obviously won't be receiving as much.

Still think he will stay but not overly confident.

If he wants a trade he could have asked for it last year. He can still ask for a trade this bar if he wants. He doesnt have to sign a FA contract

I can't see why he would FA it up and then be happy with a trade. Seems a circuitous route for no reason

We finish below Geelong and pick him up. He loves the club remember. Doesn't cost us anything.

Ryan okeefe style.

No team has ever drafted their own player back in those circumstances

Phone rings in Gil's office at AFL HQ:
Hi Gil, Marshy here from AFLPA heard rumours from Connors Adelaide is going to redraft danger in the psd against his will. You know what that means don't you?

I'll call fages now marshy, leave it with me.

Click

I think any of the more unfashionable bottom clubs would grab him if they had the chance. Bulldogs won't be able to afford anyone now that they've sold the farm for one player, but other cellar dwellers wouldn't fall for the snow job and would be eager for a player of his quality if only for limited time.

No team has ever drafted their own player back in those circumstances

Phone rings in Gil's office at AFL HQ:
Hi Gil, Marshy here from AFLPA heard rumours from Connors Adelaide is going to redraft danger in the psd against his will. You know what that means don't you?

I'll call fages now marshy, leave it with me.
You could be right there although Fages is a different beast to bend over Stephen.

Will be very interesting if we did match although it would probably be played out behind the scenes and Danger traded or signed for another 2 without us finding out.

I think any of the more unfashionable bottom clubs would grab him if they had the chance. Bulldogs won't be able to afford anyone now that they've sold the farm for one player, but other cellar dwellers wouldn't fall for the snow job and would be eager for a player of his quality if only for limited time.

See I don't reckon they will. Doggies bet on boyd cause they got him for 7 years.
Bottom clubs won't be contending in 2 years and have to deal with the flack of danger storming out in 2 years time. How do they sell hope for the future in that case? We picked up a star against his will, and having seen what we're like bolts first change he gets.

As a bottom club I might also worry about making enemies of high profile player managers. I'm gonna need them in future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back