No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side, the channel 7 commentry team will be drowned out at every Essendon game from the boo's from the crowd everytime an EFC player goes near it.
Will be like they're playing at subi every match.
Then lloydy and co will have a sook about the disrespect been shown to innocent champions.

Will be like they're playing at subi every match.
Then lloydy and co will have a sook about the disrespect been shown to innocent champions.
Won't be any Essendon players. Will be ******* Darcy and Bruce. "What they are doing is disgraceful and isn't what footy is about."

Then they will try and bring others into who don't want to be. Like Lingy and Richo.

Richo got booed every game and he is nowhere near the ******* disgrace the EFC are.

So the link in the chain the tribunal had a problem with was the Alavi to Dank link, Alavi decides at the last minute to not be a witness, suss much, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hit the nail on the head . Him and Charter !!! Charter today on radio was pathetic and gloating . Scum bag prick he is.

Won't be any Essendon players. Will be ******* Darcy and Bruce. "What they are doing is disgraceful and isn't what footy is about."

Then they will try and bring others into who don't want to be. Like Lingy and Richo.

Richo got booed every game and he is nowhere near the ******* disgrace the EFC are.
I am sure the AFL will discuss with channel 7 to try and dub over it or something, the sooner its forgotten the better for them

Not guilty verdict has put a big dampener on the game as a whole for me. Hard to follow a game that's corrupt .
As the resident Doctor I suggest taking one of these

And then remembering that he's going to improve even further this year

I will be right come Thursday just pisses me off the druggos got off and there bs smugness that goes with it .
The players didn't get suspended but they still received quite a bit of damage to their club, think about how many players they've had to turn over to try and limit the impact any suspension would have on them, plus the lost draft picks. You only need to look at Adelaide and Carlton to see what that does to a club

There is one hell of a difference between being innocent and being found "not guilty". I think a lot of Essendon fans and media personalities are forgetting that...or ignoring it. The AFL were manipulating things from the outset when they warned Essendon and forced them to "self report". The fact that an AFL tribunal has found them "not guilty" due to a lack of evidence does not in any way mean that these Essendon players did not have an unfair illegal advantage in 2012. To say otherwise is preposterous.
Yep, the Not Guilty wording is specifically worded like this and has a specific legal meaning.

Had a quick look on the main board. Those dirty slimy cheating pricks are gloating. I am ******* pissed off. My brother in law is a supporter of those cheating campaigners and I know when I see him next I'm going to find it very hard not to smash the **** out of him because he can't keep his mouth shut. (already had a fight 1 year ago) Still a lot of tension there and it will not take much in the mood I'm now in.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Haha I still say, you can put together tigers, pies, or blues fans, but none come close to dons fans as the biggest bunch of self entitled, self appointed campaigner arseholes in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get this decision, like many - and correct me if I'm wrong but it basically says that because there's no proof as to what was injected, everyone is in the clear? Ok I get that, but....

Doesn't this decision really state that James Hird willingly and deliberately allowed his players, kids under his care, to be injected with a substance he had no information about? If there were no records, why? If Hird didn't know what was being injected, why?

If that's the case hasn't he broken his duty of care towards those players? Where is the club doctor in all of this?

If ASADA can't prove what it was and Essendon can't show any evidence as to what it was, Hird OK'd the injection of a substance he didn't know the name of so surely that is still grounds for action against Hird by the AFL?

If a player took those injections and had been forced to retire due to complications or side effects, would that player now be allowed to sue James Hird personally? What if to treat those complications or side effects a Doctor needed to know what the player had been injected with? Would Essendon still not come clean? Hird has admitted he didn't know what the injections contained, but was "confident" that they weren't a banned substance.

Well Hird, the majority of the footy public is confident that you're full of s**t and your reputation outside Essendon is shot for life.

Some choice comments, the only ones of value from this whole saga.

Gillon McLachlan has said all he probably can, for legal reasons... “It has been the AFL’s view and the view of Essendon’s own internal report that the players were victims of a reckless program." ..are probably the strongest words he can use.

ASADA boss Ben McDevitt “What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful." “It was not a supplements program but an injection regime and the players and the fans were so poorly let down by the club."

Glad to see that at least ASADA can call a spade a spade and the criticism being levelled at them by Dank and Hird can be instantly dismissed.

This is just an utter mess, with no clarification and clearly zero honesty from Essendon.

Last edited:
I don't get this decision, like many - and correct me if I'm wrong but it basically says that because there's no proof as to what was injected, everyone is in the clear? Ok I get that, but....

Doesn't this decision really state that James Hird willingly and deliberately allowed his players, kids under his care, to be injected with a substance he had no information about? If there were no records, why? If Hird didn't know what was being injected, why?

If that's the case hasn't he broken his duty of care towards those players? Where is the club doctor in all of this?

If ASADA can't prove what it was and Essendon can't show any evidence as to what it was, Hird OK'd the injection of a substance he didn't know the name of so surely that is still grounds for action against Hird by the AFL?

If a player took those injections and had been forced to retire due to complications or side effects, would that player now be allowed to sue James Hird personally? What if to treat those complications or side effects a Doctor needed to know what the player had been injected with? Would Essendon still not come clean? Hird has admitted he didn't know what the injections contained, but was "confident" that they weren't a banned substance.

Well Hird, the majority of the footy public is confident that you're full of s**t and your reputation outside Essendon is shot for life.

Some choice comments, the only ones of value from this whole saga.

Gillon McLachlan has said all he probably can, for legal reasons... “It has been the AFL’s view and the view of Essendon’s own internal report that the players were victims of a reckless program." ..are probably the strongest words he can use.

ASADA boss Ben McDevitt “What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful." “It was not a supplements program but an injection regime and the players and the fans were so poorly let down by the club."

Glad to see that at least ASADA can call a spade a spade and the criticism being levelled at them by Dank and Hird can be instantly dismissed.

This is just an utter mess, with no clarification and clearly zero honesty from Essendon.
ASADA will look to appeal this I hope. The appeal needs to be heard by an independent tribunal that has nothing to do with the AFL nor is financially affected by any of the outcomes.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but you have to admit that the AFL as a whole had a lot to gain for not banning these players for a year. They were never going to ban them for 6 months with backdating as the clubs who play a full strength Essendon would cry foul as the unfair % boost that would have been gained. But if they banned the club for a year imagine the gate revenue lost. Essendon has 2 major in season matches. Fielding a VFL side would not draw a 70K + crowd to either of the ANZAC or the Dreamtime

if it won us a flag the previous year, like every club we would think its pretty cool

That's assuming you don't get busted in the first year

The best thing to come out of this is clubs have greater reporting requirements moving forward

That's assuming you don't get busted in the first year

The best thing to come out of this is clubs have greater reporting requirements moving forward
Nothing good has come out if this, for the benefit of the code it would have better if it had of been completely swept under the carpet and didn't get out . Now it is known they took s**t and got away with it . Condoned not condemned .

Nothing good has come out if this, for the benefit of the code it would have better if it had of been completely swept under the carpet and didn't get out . Now it is known they took s**t and got away with it . Condoned not condemned .

Disagree. Now clubs have restrictions on what they can give players, and who is able to administer them. Also clubs are required to provide much better training to staff to ensure they don't get this kind of program occurring again

Wow so many bombers supporters with their head in the sand. They think they are totally innocent. Your CLUB is guilty you flogs that's why they accepted the sanctions.

To be fair,most are just enjoying the fact the players are not toasted. Most happily concede the club stuffed up having the program in place, and it's a minority who genuinely believe They got the Ziggy punishments for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back