No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Now clubs have restrictions on what they can give players, and who is able to administer them. Also clubs are required to provide much better training to staff to ensure they don't get this kind of program occurring again
You missed the point where I mentioned the CODE ,. Australian rules and the effect of AFL decisions extend far beyond the AFL competition . Essendon taking the AFL to court has seen two community clubs instigate legal proceeding against their governing bodies , believed to be the first ever in that region . Anyone who thinks this will not give the green light to community clubs to inject performance enhancing drugs is kidding themselves . The ice story in recent weeks has only escalated it .

You missed the point where I mentioned the CODE ,. Australian rules and the effect of AFL decisions extend far beyond the AFL competition . Essendon taking the AFL to court has seen two community clubs instigate legal proceeding against their governing bodies , believed to be the first ever in that region . Anyone who thinks this will not give the green light to community clubs to inject performance enhancing drugs is kidding themselves . The ice story in recent weeks has only escalated it .

That s**t was happening long before Efc even said hi to dank.

I'd heard stories about some of the clubs down on the peninsula back in the 80's, and I'm sure they weren't isolated

To be honest, I really don't give a s**t if blokes decide to roid up. It's their lives they are risking, and it's just kick and giggle comps so who frankly cares

That s**t was happening long before Efc even said hi to dank.

I'd heard stories about some of the clubs down on the peninsula back in the 80's, and I'm sure they weren't isolated

To be honest, I really don't give a s**t if blokes decide to roid up. It's their lives they are risking, and it's just kick and giggle comps so who frankly cares
The AFL will care when no one is playing the game . Your arrogance toward non AFL footy is disgraceful. I would suggest 75 % of supporters have played the kick and giggles , as you put it. , and if they don't get introduced to AFL by their parents who are deterred by the drug affiliation they go support soccer or something else . Take even 50% of the revenue of the AFL and see what happens .

The AFL will care when no one is playing the game . Your arrogance toward non AFL footy is disgraceful. I would suggest 75 % of supporters have played the kick and giggles , as you put it. , and if they don't get introduced to AFL by their parents who are deterred by the drug affiliation they go support soccer or something else . Take even 50% of the revenue of the AFL and see what happens .

No arrogance, I'm just saying there have been drugs at the local leagues for decades now, and there has been no grand exodus. If it was going to happen, it would have happened long by now.

Only drama queens genuinely believe this will lead to a mass Move to soccer - it just won't happen

• The AFL investigated itself via a 'Tribunal'- hence the not guilty verdict - since when is 'I don't know' a good defence position?
  • The Switkowski Report (Essendon self report) was damning
  • The EFC ran a systematic program of injections...thousands of needles into players - what the substance was - "no-one' has a clue
  • The EFC was found guilty of very poor governance
  • EFC players were 'asked' to sign an indeminity allowing the injections program to take place
  • EFC players don't know if these substances will impact on their health in years to come (In 10 years time I seriously hope we don't see 34 former EFC players incapacitated as a result of this)
  • The matter is not over because there are too many questions left unanswered and justice has not been done
Next time I get pulled over by the booze bus...I'll try the 'I don't know what I took officer' defence...see how far that gets me in the real world

If this happened at the RFC - I would be filthy at the club and would expect a total clear out of the board and coaches involved.

...and wasn't it comforting to see the big smirks on Hird and Little at their press conference as if they had 'WON'...conveniently forgetting the health of 34 of its players has been impacted by their needle regime

The AFL has well and truly trashed its own brand.

How many of us are explaining this to our kids - when we know the kids take out is that the AFL cannot be trusted...it is corrupt

No arrogance, I'm just saying there have been drugs at the local leagues for decades now, and there has been no grand exodus. If it was going to happen, it would have happened long by now.

Only drama queens genuinely believe this will lead to a mass Move to soccer - it just won't happen
The move to soccer in mass has already started and it isn't only drama queens , it's people within the industry who know .
Drugs have never been given the green light in Australian Rukes .

Hi again everyone. Feeling a bit sick about all this. I am happy for the players, I really am but Essendon gloating makes me want to puke. On a side note, why is this decision made by the AFL tribunal? They have a hidden agenda here to protect their own brand. And I have heard on the grapevine that it was these muppets that allowed Barry Hall to play in the grand final. The whole of the AFL is corrupt.

The move to soccer in mass has already started and it isn't only drama queens , it's people within the industry who know .
Drugs have never been given the green light in Australian Rukes .

Officially, no. But seriously, you honestly think drug use (both illicit and ped) hasn't been around local clubs for decades now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Officially, no. But seriously, you honestly think drug use (both illicit and ped) hasn't been around local clubs for decades now?
I believe rec drugs user have been members of football clubs , I don't believe it has been condoned nor instructed . I have never heard of it in mass nor have I heard of ped's in mass .

Are you and 74 married. Argue like you are. :p Only room for 1 dominent male on this board and that's me.:cool:

Funny story this today I spoke to Psychic medium who's a gf of 131640"]The players didn't get suspended but they still received quite a bit of damage to their club, think about how many players they've had to turn over to try and limit the impact any suspension would have on them, plus
Robbo's article is a shocker today. Haha

How on earth that guy is chief football writer of the herald sun is beyond a joke.

I don't get this decision, like many - and correct me if I'm wrong but it basically says that because there's no proof as to what was injected, everyone is in the clear? Ok I get that, but....

Doesn't this decision really state that James Hird willingly and deliberately allowed his players, kids under his care, to be injected with a substance he had no information about? If there were no records, why? If Hird didn't know what was being injected, why?

If that's the case hasn't he broken his duty of care towards those players? Where is the club doctor in all of this?

If ASADA can't prove what it was and Essendon can't show any evidence as to what it was, Hird OK'd the injection of a substance he didn't know the name of so surely that is still grounds for action against Hird by the AFL?

If a player took those injections and had been forced to retire due to complications or side effects, would that player now be allowed to sue James Hird personally? What if to treat those complications or side effects a Doctor needed to know what the player had been injected with? Would Essendon still not come clean? Hird has admitted he didn't know what the injections contained, but was "confident" that they weren't a banned substance.

Well Hird, the majority of the footy public is confident that you're full of s**t and your reputation outside Essendon is shot for life.

Some choice comments, the only ones of value from this whole saga.

Gillon McLachlan has said all he probably can, for legal reasons... “It has been the AFL’s view and the view of Essendon’s own internal report that the players were victims of a reckless program." ..are probably the strongest words he can use.

ASADA boss Ben McDevitt “What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful." “It was not a supplements program but an injection regime and the players and the fans were so poorly let down by the club."

Glad to see that at least ASADA can call a spade a spade and the criticism being levelled at them by Dank and Hird can be instantly dismissed.

This is just an utter mess, with no clarification and clearly zero honesty from Essendon.

It really is a farce i agree , will be interesting to see what test results ASADA will get down the track as they can keep the samples for up to 7 years.
At present they do not have a specific test to find TB4 but may do down the track. I personally think WADA should appeal to CAS.

I hope its not over. Come on asada and wada

or have they been payed off now?
I don't see how WADA wont appeal. So much evidence points to them being injected with something dodgy, sets a very dangerous precedent that dodgy paperwork can clear you of all charges.

I've been involved in this saga from before the darkest day in sport. I know one of the ASADA witnesses. I was aware of the possible administration of banned substances in March 2012.

However, I hope this saga is over. Whether they "got away with it" or they are in fact innocent, we should all embrace the verdict and get on with playing footy. I would rather hammer the bombers because we beat them on the footy field because that is a much sweeter victory. It also makes Dreamtime at the G a competitive game!

Let's all move on guys! We need to accept the umpires decision!

Go Tiges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back