2015 - AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

positive: they've finally picked their #1 ruckman as their #1 ruck
negative: liam ******* jones over casboult ffs

Well Kruezer would be if he could bloody get his body right.

Jones offers more up forward for us at the moment as he can actually kick straight whilst taking a contested mark still. If Casboult could actually get his kicking right he could be a 40+ goal a year player.

Jones offers more up forward for us at the moment as he can actually kick straight whilst taking a contested mark still. If Casboult could actually get his kicking right he could be a 40+ goal a year player.
wood's a better ruck than kreuzer

liam jones plays well maybe 20% of the time, casboult has the ability to be a bonafide star of the comp and is worth persisting with even if kicking a bit dodgy. jones is a h-a-c-k

How far away is Kruz? Ive seen weeks on the injury report but im not sold on that

wood's a better ruck than kreuzer

liam jones plays well maybe 20% of the time, casboult has the ability to be a bonafide star of the comp and is worth persisting with even if kicking a bit dodgy. jones is a h-a-c-k

Disagree with that. Kreuzer still is able to tap the ball down fine and is much more valuable around the ground. Once he comes back we will probably end up playing both of them anyway. Just glad Wood is playing over Warnock.

Jones was one of the best in the AFL for contested marks a few years ago with Barry Hall next to him. He isn't a true KPF, more of a 3rd tall. More than likely we'll end up swinging Rowe or Jaksch forward at times tomorrow as well, so Jones might not even have to play a KPF role. I think he will surprise a few people this year. I could be completely wrong, but I think he was a fine selection for us.

I don't want the club for us to give up on Casboult, rather that he gets made to earn his spot in the 2's and hopefully start kicking a few bags. He's got the potential to be very good.

How far away is Kruz? Ive seen weeks on the injury report but im not sold on that

He said that his aim was Round 4 at this stage. I'd say from all reports that seems the clubs aim as well.

Absolutely. Lot of promise in our team and that's not just the bias kicking in. Should we be favourites going into the match, absolutely not. But at that price we present value and I do believe we can win. If Richmond hadn't of stormed home last year I have a feeling that the odds on this would be a lot closer.

Probably if the Swans didnt roll over in the final round and gift the Tigers that game you would be spot on.

Probably if the Swans didnt roll over in the final round and gift the Tigers that game you would be spot on.

Even then, you could argue that if Port didn't thump the Tigers in the first final that Richmond might even be shorter. I think the odds should be about $1.70 for Tigers and $2.20 for Carlton personally.

Even then, you could argue that if Port didn't thump the Tigers in the first final that Richmond might even be shorter. I think the odds should be about $1.70 for Tigers and $2.20 for Carlton personally.

Yes definitely if it was only a 4-5 goal win, Tigers would be strong favs, easily IMO $1.35

Jones was one of the best in the AFL for contested marks a few years ago with Barry Hall next to him.

I understand your passion but your statement is false. Pretty sure guys like Jono Brown, Nick Riewoldt, Cloke, Hawkins amongst others all played during the Hall/Bulldogs era.

I understand your passion but your statement is false. Pretty sure guys like Jono Brown, Nick Riewoldt, Cloke, Hawkins amongst others all played during the Hall/Bulldogs era.

Was 8th Overall for contested marks in 2011 and 11th in terms of contested marks per game. Not bad. He is certainly not anywhere near the class of the 4 guys you mentioned, but not as bad as what people make him out to be.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2011&rt=LT&st=CM

I wouldn't back that Carlton team against a VFL side.

If they win so be it, but that's one of the worst lists I've seen in a very very long time.

No offense, but you obviously haven't looked too hard at our list. We have massively improved on the position that we were in 2 years ago in terms of list management. We've got some great young talent coming through and plenty of good mature players as well. We aren't quite at Top 8 level yet but we will fine this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't back that Carlton team against a VFL side.

If they win so be it, but that's one of the worst lists I've seen in a very very long time.

As I said - heard it every year for the last 8-10 years.

William Hill?
Yep. Either Buddy or Roughy for me, I think both had one goalless game each last year. Should well and truly pay for itself.
With that and Sportsbet's offer their should be $10 in bonus bets to throw away most weeks.

Yep. Either Buddy or Roughy for me, I think both had one goalless game each last year. Should well and truly pay for itself.
With that and Sportsbet's offer their should be $10 in bonus bets to throw away most weeks.

~Roughy goalless in two games and missed two games. In effect 4 rounds with no bonus awarded.

~Buddy goalless in one game and missed three games. ditto.

On first glance.

~Roughy goalless in two games and missed two games. In effect 4 rounds with no bonus awarded.

~Buddy goalless in one game and missed three games. ditto.

On first glance.
I was only going off memory and for games that they actually played in (obviously not the best way to do it here).
But either way, if either of them have a season similar to last season, as I said, most weeks it should be good for a free $5 bet.

Anyway I have put the $25 on Buddy, hopefully he can take out the Coleman and give me a few $5 free bets a long the way. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back