No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it helps I am almost certain they won't appeal. I think their case fell over at every step, and ASADA/WADA can't conjure up new evidence. I'm fairly sure they'll both huff and puff and then quietly let it go.

After, that is, nailing a few Collingwood players to the wall
brilliant, thanks mate.

I do feel a bit better.

Love your work and your posts in general.

I will of course feel better when we get confirmation of no appeal, but that's only because I'm a bit of a worrier.

AOD being thrown about on the HTB again.

Bless them, so cute.

I'm getting some Juror 3 vibes from these sort of arguments

12_angry_men_lee_j_cobb_bellowing.png

... and there wouldn't have been a story if the government of late 2012/early 2013 was a Liberal one.

Honestly.

Who gives a stuff what their political leanings are when it comes to football anyway? (I mean, do you know or even give a toss who Hird or Jobe or Colyer or anyone else at the EFC votes for? Personally, I don't know, I couldn't care less and, even if I did know, it wouldn't make me think any less or more of them one way or the other.)

If a journalist (whoever it is) has formed the correct view on this issue and actually had the guts to go against the overwhelmingly prevailing view of the rest of the disgusting and hysterical media pack, more power to them, I say.

Agreed. The objective of truth of what they are saying is much more important than who it is that is saying it.

My only issue with people such as Bolt, Jones, etc. defending us (ditto for the ALP condemning us at that disgraceful press conference) is that it effectively turns the issue into a partisan one, and when that happens, facts are no longer relevant, and any rational discussion of the issue is almost impossible as it becomes so polarised.

So now we have a situation where commentators on the left have jumped on the band wagon looking to give efc a whack at any chance possible, whereas those on the right are the ones defending us. And any deviation from these positions by people within these groups is an act against one's political allegiance. It is so frustrating and it all happened due to that press conference, which unfortunately, happened right at the start of the saga.

Agreed. The objective of truth of what they are saying is much more important than who it is that is saying it.

My only issue with people such as Bolt, Jones, etc. defending us (ditto for the ALP condemning us at that disgraceful press conference) is that it effectively turns the issue into a partisan one, and when that happens, facts are no longer relevant, and any rational discussion of the issue is almost impossible as it becomes so polarised.

So now we have a situation where commentators on the left have jumped on the band wagon looking to give efc a whack at any chance possible, whereas those on the right are the ones defending us. And any deviation from these positions by people within these groups is an act against one's political allegiance. It is so frustrating and it all happened due to that press conference, which unfortunately, happened right at the start of the saga.

BigFooty in a nutshell, right there.

From the Niall article:

This seems absolutely unbelievable to me. So they issue a SCN and then IN for TB4 use, but then try and change tack midstream at the tribunal and argue it was TB500?

Does anyone realise just how much of a fishing exercise this portrays the issuing of those INs as in the first place?

They'd issued the damned INs and apparently not even been sure. What exactly were they doing?

Said from the day the Show Cause notices that it was a fishing exercise - ASADA wanted players to take a deal - Its purely and simply bullying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to be able to compare essendon's Supplement regime with other clubs in 2012 ?

I would also like to compare the documentation of supplement programs at clubs in 2012 /

This would help me form a stronger opinion on EFC's supplemt program and its administration.

We need to seriously consider when Fahey refers to ' Big egos and fat wallets ' - ASADA wanted players to roll over - And let's make Anti-doping Tribunals costs more reasonably - Though ASADA doesn't want this to happen because it stops them from having easy kills.

We need to seriously consider when Fahey refers to ' Big egos and fat wallets ' - ASADA wanted players to roll over - And let's make Anti-doping Tribunals costs more reasonably - Though ASADA doesn't want this to happen because it stops them from having easy kills.

there was a tweet from Ings today about that as well

Richard Ings @ringsau · 6h6 hours ago
Any amateur athlete facing an ADRV allegation needs to stump up $10,000 minimum to challenge it at CAS. The system needs reform.

They need a new idiots guide book for all the nuffies out there.

"The idiots guide to the facts about the Essendon saga "

Seriously i am just about to smack the next bloke in the chops who mentions Saad and Essendon in the same sentence.

How many times does it take to explain the difference between positive test and no positive test :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
******* ill informed nuffies ..... driving me crazy :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't be so quick to hang all of these guys. I know some of them or at least one of them was decent. If there is to be an exposé one of these guys could expose afl for their manipulation and unmask the full truth. They or some may have left as they didn't toe the political line requested...

please please please let this happen.

I would love to be able to compare essendon's Supplement regime with other clubs in 2012 ?

I would also like to compare the documentation of supplement programs at clubs in 2012 /

This would help me form a stronger opinion on EFC's supplemt program and its administration.

Never going to happen yaco. But don't worry, the AFL did a comprehensive audit and everything was cool.
latest

The club hasn't punished him, in fact, the only action the club has done is extend his contract for two years and paid him up front for a year he didn't coach.

The club and Paul little did punish him - they forced him to be the scapegoat and forced him to accept a 12 month penalty. As he considering legal action the club/afl/sports minister had to offer inducements to get him to accept this ban. If a ban was so justified inducements would not have been necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back