No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
where's Nathan Bock at?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-banned-peptides/story-fnca0u4y-1227308591762

All the infringements against Dank coincide with the three months he was contracted to Gold Coast in late 2010 and early 2011 and the year he spent as Essendon’s sports scientist. During the period of his contract, he was considered an athlete support person under the AFL anti-doping code and prohibited from supplying banned substances to a third party.

Dank was originally charged with 34 breaches of anti-doping rules. He was not represented in the AFL tribunal hearing. His sanction will be announced after a hearing on May 5.

The infringements upheld against Dank include trafficking banned peptides and human growth hormone to Carlton’s high-profile tackling coach John Donehue and baseball coach John Deeble. Dank was also found guilty of attempting to traffic CJC-1295 to Suns high-performance coach Dean Robinson and complicity in the trafficking of Hexarelin to Essendon weights coach Suki Hobson.

Donehue, Deeble, Robinson and Hobson all made admissions to ASADA about their personal use of banned substances, which was both legal and permitted under anti-doping rules for them.

Dank was found complicit in the supply of Humanofort, a product that contains various banned substances, to Essendon staff, and trafficking banned substances to customers of the Medical Rejuvenation Clinic. Dank is a director of the anti-ageing clinic.

The tribunal, chaired by retired Victorian County Court judge David Jones, threw out all charges against Dank relating to his dealings with footballers at Essendon and Gold Coast. This included allegations that he administered Essendon players with two banned peptides, Thymosin Beta 4 and Hexarelin, and that he assisted in Gold Coast recruit Nathan Bock being injected with CJC-1295.

The sports scientist has not been charged with an anti-doping offence relating to his work with NRL players. The question of whether Bock was injected with a banned peptide has remained unanswered throughout the entire saga. The Weekend Australian can reveal that ASADA failed to pursue doping charges against the All Australian defender despite its own investigators recommending he had a case to answer.

Dean Robinson told ASADA investigators that Bock was treated with CJC-1295, at Dank’s instructions, in December 2010. Bock admits to receiving an amino acid injection from Robinson. Robinson says it was Dank who administered the injection. Dank maintains that CJC-1295 was a permitted substance at the time.

Armed with Bock and Robinson’s testimony, ASADA investigators recommended in October 2013 that anti-doping proceedings be initiated against Bock. The recommendation is contained in a previously undisclosed report investigating Gold Coast.

It is understood that ASADA’s lawyers declined to take action against Bock, citing the need to first run the case against Dank. ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt yesterday failed to explain why the case against Bock had since been abandoned. ASADA’s case against 34 current and former Essendon players for taking another banned peptide, Thymosin Beta-4, was last month rejected by the AFL tribunal.

McDevitt brought the case against the Essendon players after ASADA’s investigators warned the case faced ‘‘insurmountable obstacles’’ to prove. The investigators also questioned the public interest in pursuing footballers who, if they did take a banned substance, only did so after being lied to by club officials. McDevitt believes he was duty-bound to proceed with the case.

The anti-doping authority has until Tuesday to decide whether to appeal the finding in the case of the Essendon players. The World Anti-Doping Agency can ask for the case to be reheard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Ta.

According to Chris Kaias:

"Having a read through the summary some of the findings do seem a bit logically inconsistent on their face. Full reasons would be interesting"

"Eg guilty of intending to traffick TB-4 to Ess players but not guilty of attempting to administer it to Ess players."

I can't follow the tribunal's logic here.
Kaias did the same as everyone else and went off early when he saw the words Thymosin Beta 4 - Sam Lane did too. Not understanding that it was tb4 as an ingredient of humanofort tablets and not dozens of brown vials of it

What exactly is the punishment for supplying peptides to coaching staff?

According to Chip the penalty for Athletic Support Staff (Dank) supplying a banned substance to a coach or coaching assistant is 4 years, and multiple offenses carry a life ban.

If Chip is correct, and I see no reason to doubt him, I can't really see a good outcome for Dank.

So if Dank can get done for giving stuff at his clinic why isn't every club doctor banned?
Because Dank is a squib who wasn't upfront and clear on what materials he was giving, how he got said materials, and he's also an A Grade deadshit.

can't stop laughing!!!

From the Carlton board:

As for the EFC, they are bereft of any shred of integrity & are as corrupt as the AFL. The one consolation is that the only person that has survived this whole debacle, is the one person who will ultimately bring the club to its knees. A person who is so far beneath contempt you can put him alongside some of the worst despots of the last 100 years or so.

That's right, Hird is as bad as Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussain and Kim Jong Il!!!!!!

can't stop laughing!!!

From the Carlton board:

That's right, Hird is as bad as Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussain and Kim Jong Il!!!!!!
Oh that's just sad. Really, really sad.

I'm actually at a loss for words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(If you don't have a subscription Google this sentence - include trafficking banned peptides and human growth hormone to Carlton’s high-profile tackling coach John Donehue)
125015_2e0929f5beed72a8fb2ee82e0163096b_zpsbxzjapxh.jpg

07-minister.jpg

why isn't hird or goodwin mentioned as a third party?

So much this - I distinctly remember front pages of Hird's face with all types of claims about Hexarelin and challenging his manhood (which isn't ******* news, it's disgraceful that they can even publish that) etc.
There will be no apologies, no compensation for the smear campaign that was run against Hird though, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
By no means is the club not at fault for some of this horrible stuff but the way that the AFL and the media handled themselves towards Hird is unforgivable.
Those that participated in #standbyhird are one of the main reasons he still has a job, still has a way to save face. Without the fanbase the supported him and the players who still had faith in him, we would be a ******* rabble right now.

Haha I actually remember that Judo tackling expert being interviewed on SEN when he got hired by Carlton and Maher salivating during the chat.
I wonder what he thought of his work when Murphy squibbed the contest with Hibberd lol.

I cant believe how much of a witch hunt we got caught into after the everything that has come out in the last fortnight on one hand I am happy justice has prevailed thanks to the great work of David Jones and co, on the other I am pissed for the club and players being subject to this whole mess for nothing.

Part of me wants them to seek retribution and the other part just wants it gone and to move on, but obviously none of that is up to me.

And to still have dickheads out there like Schibechi, Caro etc is just ******* embarrassing.

Oh and even thought its been said many times, great work Chip!

Wouldn't every club doctor fit into that category though?
The definition of "trafficking" in the AFL's anti-doping code includes
however, this definition shall not include the actions of ‘bona fide’ medical personnel involving a Prohibited Substance used for genuine and legal therapeutic purposes or other acceptable justification,
(this is from the 2014 version of the Code, not sure if there's any difference in the 2015 version)

Chip comes through again. A great article that covers what the charges that were proven relate to, explains why Dank was charged for supplying drugs to his patients of his other business (because he is no longer allowed whilst officially a support person) and questions why Bock has not been pursued.... http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...-banned-peptides/story-fnca0u4y-1227308591762

(If you don't have a subscription Google this sentence - include trafficking banned peptides and human growth hormone to Carlton’s high-profile tackling coach John Donehue)

Le Grand has come out of this as far and away the best journalist covering the saga. Both for sources and actual information he has revealed, and for clarity and understanding of the issue. His writings about the evidence and the implications have been pretty spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back