GRFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nully had some good players out including their coach might be a bit different next time around but quamby have certainly improved on last season was surprised with the Macorna ultima result tho I thought macorna would be closer then that
I see Quamby also had a couple out including Toby Cameron. The game was also played at nully so it was a credit to Quamby. We're there any standouts?

I see Quamby also had a couple out including Toby Cameron. The game was also played at nully so it was a credit to Quamby. We're there any standouts?
I don't think Toby Cameron is near the standard of Scott mathtiske and co Brodie Bennet was definitely the stand out tho he was brilliant quamby probley lacking a bit in the big man stocks but when they moved the ball quick they look to be very dangerous

I don't think Toby Cameron is near the standard of Scott mathtiske and co Brodie Bennet was definitely the stand out tho he was brilliant quamby probley lacking a bit in the big man stocks but when they moved the ball quick they look to be very dangerous

it'll be interesting to see how quamby pan out this year. a few new players in, give it a little time to gel and get used to each others playing styles and they might go alright. big test for them this week though! looks like they need a ruckman, although the rucks on the day did okay against a quality ruckman.

it'll be interesting to see how quamby pan out this year. a few new players in, give it a little time to gel and get used to each others playing styles and they might go alright. big test for them this week though! looks like they need a ruckman, although the rucks on the day did okay against a quality ruckman.
Yeah a decent fullfoward like paul messer would be handy for them to i bet they wish he stayed on for another season but good signs for them id say theyl finish around the middle of the pack

Yeah a decent fullfoward like paul messer would be handy for them to i bet they wish he stayed on for another season but good signs for them id say theyl finish around the middle of the pack

what did you think of their forward set up?
most of the goals came from the midfield.

Bennet gibbons did a good job the big bloke from melb that they got looks like he should be running around in the twos he dosnt hit the packs hard enough but might improve as season goes on rick jochinke had a lot of it but couldnt convert will be interesting to see how they go against ultima this sat i guess

I see murrabit got a few more players cleared in sam davis from barham being one the kid is a gun will be very dangerous around their foward line

Bennet gibbons did a good job the big bloke from melb that they got looks like he should be running around in the twos he dosnt hit the packs hard enough but might improve as season goes on rick jochinke had a lot of it but couldnt convert will be interesting to see how they go against ultima this sat i guess

I thought the forwards were alright. delivery wasnt too flash. from what I saw pretty much all the goals were from mids running in the 50, not a lot of marking shots on goal.
#44 did alright, got to the right spots, probably dropped one or two he shouldve held, contested reasonably well. bennet had a couple good grabs, good honest day. ricky had a good game as well, contested and led strongly.
I think itll be a very competitive forward line once theyve played a bit together. not enough blocking for each other on leads. the forward press isnt great for a key forward if the ball is locked in. mids will kick goals all day. expect guys like knight, bennett etc to kick multiple goals each week, kick 25-30 goals for the year each.

I thought the forwards were alright. delivery wasnt too flash. from what I saw pretty much all the goals were from mids running in the 50, not a lot of marking shots on goal.
#44 did alright, got to the right spots, probably dropped one or two he shouldve held, contested reasonably well. bennet had a couple good grabs, good honest day. ricky had a good game as well, contested and led strongly.
I think itll be a very competitive forward line once theyve played a bit together. not enough blocking for each other on leads. the forward press isnt great for a key forward if the ball is locked in. mids will kick goals all day. expect guys like knight, bennett etc to kick multiple goals each week, kick 25-30 goals for the year each.
Yeah true but i still think had messer been playing or a kirkland type they would have got a bag the delivery was pretty good #44 dosnt look like much to myself and a few others that were their hopefully for quamby we are all wrong

a few upsets on the weekend by the looks of things!
Not realy I think ultima over quamby nully over moula and wandella over wakool is how everyone thought it would go hay over Macorna maybe a shock to some but probably not to the lions boys they are a side to look out for this year

tips for this week?
Realy even this week hay over quamby but only cause its up their nully should beat wandella but wandella are the form side and I hate backing against them wakool Murrabit on a par too havnt seen much of Murrabit yet so I'll go with wakool on the back of Kirkland and ultima will flog moula

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headed out to Quamby on Saturday Saints are struggling to convert In need of a strong forward. Macorna team to watch also a few upsets over the weekend

Well done to Ryan Lancaster on his career hitherto. Has been a great player for Wandella, flags, B&Fs in those 300 games and fitting that the Bombers got a win over Ultima to celebrate the occasion. Keep it up champ!

Well done to Ryan Lancaster on his career hitherto. Has been a great player for Wandella, flags, B&Fs in those 300 games and fitting that the Bombers got a win over Ultima to celebrate the occasion. Keep it up champ!
you would have got close to the 300 all up kid, and that's just in clubs you played for, but great career by scratcher very good key back for a long time

Can anyone tell me how Blake Anderson from wandella like? Used to dominate the alberton league
His a big unit goes well when he wants too some times he's carefactor dosnt apeer to be that high not as fit as he may well have been once also but def has got his team over the line a few times

Inter league game was close (unlike some other games) the game never got to any heights, because both sides were fairly even in strengths.
A good day with a couple of 3rds games before hand made a good crowd there and enjoyable football day.

Who would be the most underrated players in each side? The Dustin Fletchers who turn up every week and do there job without getting too much recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back