Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson (2016) is integral to the team's spirit.

Henderson (2015), Everitt (2015 and option for 2016) and Jamison (2017) are integral to the team's structure. I'll go out on a limb here and say Casboult (2016) has value and possible upside as a second ruck.

Carrazzo (2015) and Judd (2015) are going to retire anyway.

Armfield (2015), Wood (2016) , Ellard (2015), Rowe (2016), White (2015?), Tuohy (2016) and Curnow (2015) have little to no currency.

Murphy (2018) , Thomas (2017) and Kreuzer's (FA 2015) value is rock bottom. Stupid to buy high and sell low.

That leaves Walker (2017), Gibbs (2019) and Warnock (2015) as players we could trade for a decent return (on what we paid for them vs their output so far).

Controversially, I'd add Yarran (2016) to the mix, but only if another team was willing to pay hard for him. We're not Hawthorn. We won't attract free agents who are chasing success. To get draft picks and good juniors, we have to make some sacrifices. Otherwise, we can just hover in perpetual bottom 10 mediocrity and complete our fall from the Big 4.

Yep, you need to go hard if you're going to going to go through with a full rebuild. Will we bite the bullet?
We've got a lot of players locked in, see above re: contract status - we'll have spots on the roster opening up with the likes of Army, Ellard, Curnow, White (?), Carrazzo, Judd, Warnock, Watson, Holman, Giles coming out of contract and our interest in renewing TBC. That's 10 players right there without out of contract or FA in Hendo or Kreuzer.

I have faith that our midfield will once again be a force in 3 years. However there we have very little KP depth in our youth and nobody apart from Jaksch that is putting their hand up and saying I am going to become something. If we don't recruit for KPs well come end of this year we will be back at square 1 similar to where we were in 2011

Why not we are trading the entire list and it makes sense to start with the Captain!
#BigFootytrades

I don't think you are taking this discussion too seriously...

I listened to the Trigg interview on 774

he made it very clear that a rebuild will take time and everything has to go right..in the meantime the Club field a side that is competitive and developing - a lot of emphasis on the Club backing SOS to concentrate on a 3-5 year fix - whilst every player traded for is agreed to via a Committee comprising Trigg, SOS,Finance Director and Malthouse.

there will be no big trades for core with currency players.

We can turn it around fairly quick as we already have a base of young or mid age players

Let's say 3 years

So anyone 28 or over is not needed

So Murphy and Gibbs survive but Walker doesn't

So you trade a Walker

You don't sell the farm but if we can get a few more decent picks that helps get more good youth into the club
SOS has already traded Walker....

Needs that #1 for Jack.

Who said Gibbs & Murphy are on the table?
Carro just did on footy classifieds. Made an absolute fool of herself by making up news on the spot then replaying interviews that completely contradicted her statements. Talk about going with a vibe, taking things out of context and stating it as fact.

She's been reading my 2am posts.

You got trolled and you'll like it, Caro.
You won't be able to play this trick again now you have admitted to it.

Caro has a direct feed from someone who is considered a Godfather figure type at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit.

Just wait till Ralphy get a whiff of this. 'Fap city information' for a bloke like that.
I meant on Caro, Ralphy aint that smart, he and Robbo will provide entertainment for years.

Caro has a direct feed from someone who is considered a Godfather figure type at Carlton.

But John Elliott has been gone for years now.

So our best player, b&f from last year, someone who just signed a long term contract and is only 25yo is going on the trade table ?

Sorry but not going to happen and nor should it !

Wouldnt both me from a objective perspective as you in theory get good picks and can start all over again- I'd actually look to get x2 picks for each of those 2 players instead of just 2 high picks, as I think it is a numbers game

Say you get 10 and 22 for MM and 14 and 26 for BG

So you go to draft with picks

Now THAT is how you rebuild, assuming you pick wisely

But, the impact on culture among the playing group makes such a move unlikely

Wouldnt both me from a objective perspective as you in theory get good picks and can start all over again- I'd actually look to get x2 picks for each of those 2 players instead of just 2 high picks, as I think it is a numbers game

Say you get 10 and 22 for MM and 14 and 26 for BG

So you go to draft with picks

Now THAT is how you rebuild, assuming you pick wisely

But, the impact on culture among the playing group makes such a move unlikely

Have you taken any notice of how many decent players are on our list that were taken after the first round?

Gibbs only just turned 26.

Kruezer is 26 in May.

Henderson is 26 in December.

Whilst Murphy is 28 in July.
4 years time... just when the club is coming out of the wilderness (hopefully) and competing in finals again... we will be wanting these guys to be up and about for the club. If we were to get rid of them for high draft picks, then we will have a severe lack of experience at the club...

Who remembers back to the mid-naughties? when we had very few players with over 150 games experience? We were s**t. And now people are advocating getting rid of these guys... the guys who will be providing that experience in 3-4 years time?

Some people are full of s**t between the ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back