Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Adelaide Crows

Votes: 47 31.5%
  • Ayce Cordy wins the internetz

Votes: 53 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With respect, I don't think this is the message Beveridge is sending. He's spent all pre-season talking about how he wants short-term improvement in the win tally and how he intends to go into every match expecting and intending to win. I don't have any reason to doubt him on that as yet - he's certainly delivering.

In my mind, for whatever reason, Beveridge believes that Cordy gives us a better chance of winning tomorrow than Minson does. Why? I don't know - but I think Beveridge has earned enough respect to back his call on this one for now. He was singing Cordy's praises all pre-season - there were numerous articles about him pushing Minson for the #1 ruck role. He clearly believes that Cordy is more capable at AFL level than he's shown thus far. It's going to be interesting to see how his judgment goes tomorrow - I just don't believe he'd sacrifice a chance at winning to give somebody a chance. I'm very confident he thinks that Cordy is a better option this week. His press conference confirmed that for me.
I agree That's how I see it

Wonder how Campbell feels. Was leading the listing medal last year until selected in the seniors. Had a fantastic year last year, form a little patchy this year but has been given the same chances as others.

It's evident by reading these forums that we as fans don't believe in Ayce.

Then having him selected as a relief ruck also does not show confidence in him.

I'm glad Bevo has put his ..... on the line here and instilling some confidence in thr young man.

Here's hoping he gives a good account of himself. Go Ayce!

Why is it to hard for everyone to comprehend that tomorrow is not about winning or losing? We are throwing our own product in the deep end to see if he has what it takes to cope with the big boys at the elite level. Minson will not be here when we have our next crack at finals footy. This year is about development, and should that mean players are given do-or-die-like runs in the team to truly prove they're up to league standard then I am all for it.

Go give it everything Ayce. Prove us wrong.

This is basically what I thought after reading Bevo's explanation on Minson's omission

It's evident by reading these forums that we as fans don't believe in Ayce.

Then having him selected as a relief ruck also does not show confidence in him.

I'm glad Bevo has put his ..... on the line here and instilling some confidence in thr young man.

Here's hoping he gives a good account of himself. Go Ayce!
Like or hate the choice to play him the only thing left to do is support him tomorrow! Go Ayce!

I love all this positive attitude towards Ayce and hope he goes well tomorrow but really deep down everyone knows he will flop!
Last year at the Kennel Ayce!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumfords the best ruckman in the comp IMO. Incredible how hard that dude runs. Just a beast.
I agree. So competitive. I feel like he is as tough as Minson but overall a much more well rounded player.

In this Draft League thing I do "www.superleague.net.au" Mumford is the first player picked out of the ruckman in every league for the last two years.

New one for Igloo
270BLvy.gif

Ahhh...
Up there Ayce Cordy, in there and fight
Out there and at 'em, show 'em you're might
Up there Ayce Cordy, show 'em you're high
Fight like the devil, BigFooty's on your side
BigFooty's on your side...

Why is it to hard for everyone to comprehend that tomorrow is not about winning or losing? We are throwing our own product in the deep end to see if he has what it takes to cope with the big boys at the elite level. Minson will not be here when we have our next crack at finals footy. This year is about development, and should that mean players are given do-or-die-like runs in the team to truly prove they're up to league standard then I am all for it.

Great post . Not surprising it's gone spare on here.
The ball is firmly in Cordy's side of the net ( time to sink or swim)
Folks surprised a coach spruiking his own team pre- season shouldn't be shocked ( mick ) somebody springs to mind. We're firmly in rebuilding mode, and a few early season wins shouldn't mask that.
In fairness Will got some cheap games last year when he stunk the place up, and we need to know now if TC or Ayce can hold up as number 1 rucks . It's a futile exercise sticking Cordy and Campbell as either second ruck or at Footscray.

Great post . Not surprising it's gone spare on here.
The ball is firmly in Cordy's side of the net ( time to sink or swim)
Folks surprised a coach spruiking his own team pre- season shouldn't be shocked ( mick ) somebody springs to mind. We're firmly in rebuilding mode, and a few early season wins shouldn't mask that.
In fairness Will got some cheap games last year when he stunk the place up, and we need to know now if TC or Ayce can hold up as number 1 rucks . It's a futile exercise sticking Cordy and Campbell as either second ruck or at Footscray.

Back