Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the first 2 quarters again today i think two things stood out re Tazz on Hawkins.

1) Tazz played infront of Hawkins for the most part. His positioning was very good.
2) Due to the above, and the fact that he is so big, Tazz's positioning forced Hawkins to infringe. In the past, if Thompson tried that Hawkins could move him without infringing.

Anyway, another very good game from Tazz. Actually, even better than last week considering the opponent he was on.

I'm moving heaven and earth to be at Boomer's 400th game this year, but I'm telling you now that I think I will be more emotional at Taz's 50th (touch wood).

So proud of him and the club. Both could have given up years ago.

Will come in Round 14 against the Suns, up there, assuming he plays every game until then. Hopefully they're still complete s**t by that point in the season.

Hats off to Robbie this week.

Thought he looked good when we drafted him but had dropped my hopes for him based on output since including his reasonable 2012.

Was more mobile and clever than I'd have thought against Geelong. Am impressed with the caveat that the cats were a bit disorganised like us.

Hawthorn will present him with a team with quality forwards and very skillful entries. Will be interesting how he goes.

I thought Robbie also used an unusual tactic that seemed to work. He played in front of his man a few times and outmarked him. Oddly, it was more effective than letting him have metres on you.

Funnily enough, the nightmares that come with playing Hawthorn is the fact that they kick so many of their goals by getting the ball over the top to a (mostly) free man. Robbie's supposed opponent, Roughy, being on the end quite often too.

Jacobs made two mistakes against the Cats but did about 25 good things. People need to revisit their perception on Jacobs.

Now back to Robbie, I am soooooo happy for him and the rewards for North with him fit and firing is immeasurable.

I feel less stressed coming up against power forwards and even less so when Hansen comes back.

Isn't he in his mid 20's? He's been at North for aaaaaaaaaaages.
thatsthejoke.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully from this point injuries are a thing of the past.

I'd be very interested in seeing what Taz would look like with a good couple of AFL seasons under his belt and the confidence that he belongs.......

and then we move him forward.

I forgot to add one of the other marks Roughy took was when there was a mismatch. I can't remember if he kicked a goal but somehow Wright ended up on him. Seems to happen a lot to our defence. I was definitely one of Taz's doubters but so far so good. Keep it up big fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back