Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are making a Dad's Army movie for 2016.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4104054/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
need to watch (if they have any) on youtube:
article-2232242-00297C8300000258-305_634x425.jpg

shhh
don't mention the war

Whisper going around * that Sir James told Daniher to grow the " mo " to hide his ugly bonce.

Got a way to go yet.

And by the way.....is Sir James wearing Snakes " killer toupee " wig ? ? ?
Did Hird really say that? Disgraceful if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, I've got a mate on BigFooty by the name of Stewart2Austin from the Graphic Design board. Our random chat megathread recently got locked and Stewart2Austin normally completes his weekly fruit reviews in this thread. Would it be alright if he posted it in here?

He's very passionate about his fruit btw.

Hi Roos, I posted on your board recently about seeing Choppy & his son having a family moment all parents have. Saw them again Sunday morning when his son played against one of my boys in U/8.
His boy is as silky as his Dad & way more talented than any other kid that morning, maybe more than I'd ever seen a kid that age.
You guys are going to have a serious Father/Son in a bit. Good luck fellas.

Geez the media love Ben Brown, if Daw can string some good games together and they play together, Goldstein gets all Australian/Brownlow/AFLPA we are going to start attracting some serious audiences

Geez the media love Ben Brown, if Daw can string some good games together and they play together, Goldstein gets all Australian/Brownlow/AFLPA we are going to start attracting some serious audiences

We'll be [cough] huge in the Men's Big and Tall crowd.

Hi Roos, I posted on your board recently about seeing Choppy & his son having a family moment all parents have. Saw them again Sunday morning when his son played against one of my boys in U/8.
His boy is as silky as his Dad & way more talented than any other kid that morning, maybe more than I'd ever seen a kid that age.
You guys are going to have a serious Father/Son in a bit. Good luck fellas.
Very exciting..... But under 8's means a lot can change I suppose. Would be nice to have a bit of luck with father son.

You could say "Hi" to Mrs JD-Roo. She is up there at the moment as part of the Victorian contingent of the SES.

Apparently she's wielding a chainsaw in a manner that would make Hollywood serial killer happy :cool: So very VERY proud of her!!!!

Got back late Sunday. And she's off again back up there tomorrow until Sunday. Can't even put the right words together of how proud I am of her! :D

Just listened to some of the recent interviews and whatnot, so I thought I'd offer some of the cliff notes. Apologies if other people have written stuff in other threads.

Wright on Sportsday:
Brown would have to almost be a lock.
Boomer playing halfback makes it harder to tag him and releases Ats to the Midfield

Macmillan on Sen (for 45 minutes) pretty serious conversation:
Trained fine Thursday, did some lighter stuff Friday and pulled up sore. Taking a conservative approach given Andrew's achilles.
Jamie was a prefect at school and captain of the cricket team.
We still have a leadership consultant, 2 days a week Benny Robins (ex North and Brisbane). Lingy was the first such consultant. Lingy was ex-footy lead-on-the-field type, whereas Robins has an education background and is a Psychologist.
Dal was a big driver off off-field standards after arriving, and was very good at summing up situations and explaining/telling things on field.
Leigh Tudor (lurker) works mostly with the midfield, has helped Ats a lot individually, and brought a good record (6 prelims or so in a row) and a good defensive focus.
2013 (year of close losses) Jamie and leaders didn't read a lot into the Media criticising the leaders, and Brad never dropped s**t on them in the reviews (Jamie obviously wasn't involved with leadership meeting then though, so who knows).
Adelaide game, 7 goals up, wasn't onfield leadership, Jamie gave up two goals himself just by stupid defending.
Higgins has had a bit to say since joining the club.
Jamie wasn't at all surprised by how well Taz did last week, given how he's trained etc.
Adelaide Rnd 1, Tippett was apologised to a lot by other defenders for not helping him out enough.
The players have the belief, after last years finals, that we can make the top 4.
One of the Hosts said we covered 3 of the top 4 for depth (some outside validation woohoo!), and praise for Brown and Turner saying they weren't one hit wonders and look like 10 year players.
Some nice talk about the history of the club, including some of the stuff with Essendon
Some praise for Spud, saying he's turned into Benjamin Button. Jamie loves playing with him.

Higgins on RSN:
KPI's were fine at quarter time, they simply changed a bit of the ball movement in the forward half and backed themselves in.
Life at the Bulldogs got a bit stale towards the end.
Enjoys playing High Half Forward again.
Bases his game on workrate, not possesions or anything.
Biggest change was adapting to the way we move the ball.

Brad Scott On The Couch
Boomer hasn't had a goal kicked on him in defence yet.
Tighter in defence last week, was dissapointed at 4 goals from frees and 2 on the goaline against Port. Slight tinkering with the system, but individuals also performed better.
Taz 197cm 100kgs, great athlete and natural Footballer as a Forward. Decided to move him back given our forward depth.
Drew under no heat whatsoever. Vice captain for a reason. Defensive work V good, plays all over the field.
Need to tinker with Ziebs technique still.
Brad is concerned with how the public acts these days. We're breeding some cowards, and social media heroes that are not respectful at all, when they know players/coaches have to be.
Happy for the sub to go, and rotations capped around 60-80.
Scott cautiously optimistic about Patch, and is a favourite of his.

Kekovich and Goldstein press conference
Goldy now expects to reach the same level, as opposed to hoping to reach the same level each week.

Brad Scott On The Couch
Boomer hasn't had a goal kicked on him in defence yet.

I'm still not a fan. Play Boomer where Boomer plays. As well as he apparently defends, he's better on the half forward line.

I'm still not a fan. Play Boomer where Boomer plays. As well as he apparently defends, he's better on the half forward line.

I think we need to consider the sum of the parts, rather than the parts themselves. Boomer down back allows him to take some kickouts now that Dal is out, and it releases Atley into the midfield.

If Boomer wasn't quite as fumbley and If Ats hadn't screwed up a dozen or so kicks on goal and kicks inside 50 the last few weeks (and if didn't have a stinker against Geelong) then I'd say we'd probably be fairly happy with Boomer down back.

IMO if it allows us to develop Atley in the middle AND Boomer is doing a solid defensive job, then I'm happy enough with the arrangement. I just really hope Ats kicks into gear soon. I also like it for the simple fact that it shows we're focusing on player versatility, which IMO is one of the reasons Hawthorn has done so well in recent times. It's for that reason (and a few others!) that I'd like to see Jack/Cunners maybe trading midfield time with LT/Higgins in the forward line. Versatility and depth are such great long term weapons, because it allows you to better cover for personnel pre-game, and allows you to confidently change positions to get better match ups during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back