Round 8 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are most people trading out Oxley? Really keen to keep him as my D5 along with Saad D6 but can somebody pls tell me why it is best to move him on? i have Shaw,Higgins,Lumumba,Macmillan the last two names i'd rather trade for Tmac and Rance before the Oxley and Saad.good plan or not?
I was tempted to trade out Oxley to get more cash, but decided against it and traded Brown instead. Oxley may well stay in my team for the season unless a good-scoring rookie comes along. Will keep Saad too, particularly for his DPP.

Is it worth taking Clarke's 89 as loophole, or should I just stick with Tarrant?
I'm banking the 89. Clark and Tarrant are vying for my F6 spot and I'd take 90 from my F6 any day.

Yep I'm taking it. Just need to decide who to sub out - Tarrant, Krakouer or Hogan?
I'd bench Hogan on the basis that he is the most likely to get a sub 60 score.

:thumbsu:

Just a question, probably an obvious one... I know if you have 2 Emergencies selected in the same line, you get the lower score..

But if you end up with 2 zero players (in the same line), do both Emergency scores get counted?

Yes u do.

Fwiw try and save an Emergency. ..eg dont put one on your R3.

If a late out occurs you can E in that line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are most people trading out Oxley? Really keen to keep him as my D5 along with Saad D6 but can somebody pls tell me why it is best to move him on? i have Shaw,Higgins,Lumumba,Macmillan the last two names i'd rather trade for Tmac and Rance before the Oxley and Saad.good plan or not?

Price change is based on the player's last three scores (known as rolling average) and the 148 Oxley scored against the bye is about to drop out of his rolling average. Since then his scores have been mediocre which is why his breakeven is 90 or thereabouts. He is unlikely to make much more money - he has probably topped out, unless he scores another big ton in the next few weeks. When your cash cows top out you cash them in.

At a current value of 264 odd, K-Mac has a much easier job of making more money. His BE this weekend is only about 50 I think.

There's not another area of the ground with a player who has a high break even (Oxley), with a solid rookie option on the bubble to trade in (Lever). You make 200K off the trade which is extremely valuable coming in to the bye period.

So it's just a good time to grab some money considering rookies have been rare. Also, for myself, I'm needing to get rid of some round 12 bye players and Oxley seems like the best to trade.

There's not another area of the ground with a player who has a high break even (Oxley), with a solid rookie option on the bubble to trade in (Lever). You make 200K off the trade which is extremely valuable coming in to the bye period.

So it's just a good time to grab some money considering rookies have been rare. Also, for myself, I'm needing to get rid of some round 12 bye players and Oxley seems like the best to trade.
Exactly my thinking.

I was going to do that for those reasons, but it'd mean starting one of McKenzie, McIntosh, Brown or Lever. None of which fill me with a great deal of confidence, even as D6.
I have Saad now as D6.

I probably wouldn't do it either if I had to start one of the blokes mentioned!

I have Saad now as D6.

I probably wouldn't do it either if I had to start one of the blokes mentioned!
I'd either have to start one of them, or upgrade one of them. I'd rather just bank $100k from downgrading Brown and try and keep Oxley until his bye and turn him into Birchall.

I was going to do that for those reasons, but it'd mean starting one of McKenzie, McIntosh, Brown or Lever. None of which fill me with a great deal of confidence, even as D6.
For me it was down to starting Lever, Brown or McKenzie for this week only. If Lever scores a 70 I'll consider it a win and will trade out Brown next week for a premium defender. This will leave me with a set defense for the rest of the season, with Saad the rookie keeper and Lever/McKenzie providing cover and fattening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back