Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Starting this early

Post your rants and melts here

Beaten in every department today, particularly in the ruck and midfield, if Beveridge doesn't want to play Minson or Campbell then play Roughead as a sole ruck and play Redpath or Hamling instead as the extra forward or defender.

We are a soft, unaccountable outside team and we need bigger bodies around the ball, can't carry too many role players and passengers week after week.

Last edited:

tqzGqEg.jpg

Garbage. We created no space and played scrappy football. Not the beautiful, run and gun we've played against Adelaide, Fremantle, Richmond and West Coast.

Stringer needs to learn how to kick from a set shot. Absolutely disgraceful that he has slipped this far with his set shot goal kicking.

Mitch Wallis absolutely massive. Plays with so much heart.

When are we going to go back to choosing our best 22? Dale, Cordy, Hunter and Goodes are not a part of our strongest side.

This happens every year.

We look like a million bucks some part of the year. Build false hope. Then we always * it up. Always.

Same old Bulldogs, what can I say. This club kills me sometimes.

Tired legs, sloppy skills, poor judgement, shocking team defence... it was an all-round collapse.
I try to be positive but this was just a total write-off. We need to be able to win these ones and it seems like we never can. First St. Kilda and now the Dees.
It has to be mental, surely. You can't come so close to knocking over an undefeated Fremantle one week and put in a performance like this the next. Where was the run? Where were those silky skills? Where was the capable, cool-headed lock-down defence? We know we can do it against teams we're not expected to beat, why not when we're favourites? What's going on? I sure as hell have no clue.

Beveridge's credits are quickly dissolving. The significance of our victories earlier in the season are starting to become outweighed by appalling losses to s**t teams like St. Kilda and Melbourne. I'm not saying he's getting closer to being sacked, but it's clear he isn't anywhere near as good of a coach as the hype suggests, at least not yet.

Everyone knows Paul Roos teams clog up space in the stoppages, which makes players like Macrae all the more valuable, because he's a player capable of running into space all game and doing damage. To play a terrible player like Brett Goodes, who's slow, weak and an absolutely shambolic kick over Macrae is the dumbest selection we've ever made. Worse than any selection we made under McCartney.

Playing Lin Jong with a glove on is also about as stupid as it gets. Clearly struggled last week, hasn't recovered, and here is is playing again. Just dumb.

Also, subbing Tom Boyd out. I know he was useless, but the delivery he was getting was abysmal and he was getting triple teamed. If we had him in the last quarter though, at least he'd provide a target for all those mindless long bombs we kicked. He should've been given a chance, instead of garbage like Goodes and Cordy.

As for everything else:

Dahlhaus loves his floaty kicks as usual. 0 penetration, and it shows.

Picken mid-way through the last quarter keeping the ball from going out of bounds by handballing to a Melbourne player, then they rebound and goal. His guts are matched by his stupidity and lack of composure.

The team isn't soft and unaccountable. Several players, however, are exactly that.

Hunter should be dropped back to the VFL for a very, very, VERY long time. His unwillingness to attack the footy and work defensively cost us goals.

Roughead MUST be our number 1 ruckman. Our midfield was completely on top with him rucking.

Stringer needs to be taught how to kick a set shot, for ****s sake.

Bonti needs a rest, struggles to impact the contest. Should've been moved to CHF to shake the tag.

Why we didn't take the game on earlier is completely beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, this brings back memories from horrors past.

Win some huge games when underdogs, and then play like you-know-what when favourites.

So sick of us losing to the Saints and the Dees. Dees are a bunch of spuds and yet we can only kick 9 goals?!

We have carried passengers week after week, and this is what happens when the better players have an off week.

Match committee needs to get serious - drop the spuds, sort out the ruck area, fix up our clearances. Give games to those playing well in the twos.

Beveridge got what he deserved today. He has persisted with Cordy, who couldn't hit a tap even if he entered a room full of taps. He has persisted with Goodes, who is a good VFL player who gets lost in the AFL.

We started the year well - 4-1, never saw that coming. But it papered over obvious problems. Well, its clear now.

So frustrated. But I will keep loving this club, & keep hoping for change. But I won't sit there and take that rubbish.

Bont as good as anonymous that game, bursts through packs only to kick it straight to demon. Jong shouldn't be playing with his hand like it is. Impressed with Dahl's courage throughout and Wallis's heart was massive the whole game. Dissapointing but I'm sure we'll bounce back

Beveridge's credits are quickly dissolving. The significance of our victories earlier in the season are starting to become outweighed by appalling losses to s**t teams like St. Kilda and Melbourne. I'm not saying he's getting closer to being sacked, but it's clear he isn't anywhere near as good of a coach as the hype suggests, at least not yet.

Everyone knows Paul Roos teams clog up space in the stoppages, which makes players like Macrae all the more valuable, because he's a player capable of running into space all game and doing damage. To play a terrible player like Brett Goodes, who's slow, weak and an absolutely shambolic kick over Macrae is the dumbest selection we've ever made. Worse than any selection we made under McCartney.

Playing Lin Jong with a glove on is also about as stupid as it gets. Clearly struggled last week, hasn't recovered, and here is is playing again. Just dumb.

Also, subbing Tom Boyd out. I know he was useless, but the delivery he was getting was abysmal and he was getting triple teamed. If we had him in the last quarter though, at least he'd provide a target for all those mindless long bombs we kicked. He should've been given a chance, instead of garbage like Goodes and Cordy.

As for everything else:

Dahlhaus loves his floaty kicks as usual. 0 penetration, and it shows.

Picken mid-way through the last quarter keeping the ball from going out of bounds by handballing to a Melbourne player, then they rebound and goal. His guts are matched by his stupidity and lack of composure.

Great post - sums up my thoughts perfectly. Jong should not be playing, he is wearing a glove and is visibly seen groaning from pain. He's not ready. Macrae is a quality player who excels in games like these. We missed his accumulation of the footy.

Not many positives to post.

Dahl, Wally, Roughy, Moyd & Crameri can all hold their heads up. Some players can be forgiven (like Wood, Picken and a few others). The rest unacceptable.

At least I don't have to read about that crap in today's papers nor put up with any Demon supporters at work. Maybe I should have renewed my Melbourne membership this year...;)

This was not the way I wanted to end such an otherwise fantastic Saturday.:(

Go Blackhawks! Go Cubbies!

Bev was simply out coached today by Roos

Roos turned it into a complete congested sh!t fight and killed our spread.

Add to that the clear reality that Cordy Goodes Jong Hunter Dale Biggs and Dickson were awful at best today(and I prob missed a few) and most will never be good enough adds up to a down day.

Young teams have days like this but that was horrible to watch and really poor after last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back