2nds 2015 NEAFL discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS 122
GOLD 106 FT

Good effort from the boys to get so close with so many players down , Boston had 35 poss , is now imo got to go straight into the team , fitness is now up , its Bozzo time .

Peter Wright kicked 4.2 another who has to be close to a call up
Matty Shaw 39 poss
Z.Smith 5 poss WTF
That's a very encouraging effort given that GWS are a very strong side in the NEAFL.

Ru5RA5y.png

Great to see Shaw doing well. Should have played tonight instead of Russell.
Boston, Wright and Brooksby looking good as well.
Well done to Brennan with his one touch. Reminds me of another Brennan.

Brennan is a Broadbeach player in the QAFL, when he isn't playing for Southport in the NEAFL. He is so out of form its not funny, hasn't played a game for Southport in the Neafl this season, thus playing for Broadbeach and hasn't kicked a winner even at this level so far this season,,,, so I ask, how the hell was he called up to the Suns ressies side.... dead set, something is wrong with the judgement amongst the Suns selection people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan is a Broadbeach player in the QAFL, when he isn't playing for Southport in the NEAFL. He is so out of form its not funny, hasn't played a game for Southport in the Neafl this season, thus playing for Broadbeach and hasn't kicked a winner even at this level so far this season,,,, so I ask, how the hell was he called up to the Suns ressies side.... dead set, something is wrong with the judgement amongst the Suns selection people.

Our NEAFL topups are the guys who can't get a game with the the other QAFL and NEAFL teams
There's no particular kudos associated with playing for our NEAFL team as they are all in the same comp.
One of the sad realities of our uneven playing field compared with the Southern States

Our NEAFL topups are the guys who can't get a game with the the other QAFL and NEAFL teams
There's no particular kudos associated with playing for our NEAFL team as they are all in the same comp.
One of the sad realities of our uneven playing field compared with the Southern States

Problem is our injury list has forced us to be a bit bare in our reserves ,( only 12 listed players on weekend) that was similar to last year , and instead of putting 10 academy players into the mix , we got some top ups from other clubs to be competitive .

The Bulldogs reserves won by 150 points on the weekend, their seniors are almost as young as us, clearly better (even with a couple of key injuries) but also have a strong team of reserves banging on the door.

This shouldn't be the case, we should be dominating the NEAFL along with GWS

The Bulldogs reserves won by 150 points on the weekend, their seniors are almost as young as us, clearly better (even with a couple of key injuries) but also have a strong team of reserves banging on the door.

This shouldn't be the case, we should be dominating the NEAFL along with GWS

Iva,

Correct, Correct and Correct on so many levels.

GWS had 16 senior listed players and we had 8 by my count. Losing by 14 points isn't a disgrace. We'd have a good NEAFL team too if our senior list was 48.

When I heard we only lost to GWS by 16 points with that team I thought Josh Fraser would have been popping champagne bottles with the booze boys.

I had a look at the players that GWS fielded and it wasn't as strong as I thought it would have been but I looked at our team and I don't even know 10 of the blokes playing for us.

Excuse my intrusion, but why don't you guys play your academy players as topups like the Swans and Giants do?
I don't pay attention to the NEAFL, but I was under the impression that we do.

If we don't, then we can add that to the ever-growing list of *ery that the club can't do right.

edit: lol @ 'goosey'

Wright is knocking the door down after that 4 goal performance. I have to be honest and say when I saw the Suns took Wright I thought "WHY! You have enough talls." But seeing these NEAFL games, I am envious that Essendon don't have him.
I'm just envisioning a Lynch/Dixon/Wright/Martin/Bennell forward line and jizzing at the thought :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back