Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By locals i mean within 40kms of Elmore locally there is id say 6 anyway whats your point

Yeop I counted 6 but don't think we can count area within 40kms. Looking at colbos teams they had 12 colbo, colbo locals and that isn't counting guys like the Jacobs brothers who have played a number of seasons there and O'brien who is basically a local.
Think locking would be getting up to the 16 mark in terms of number of locals playing at the moment!
So in saying that only playing 6 locals I do not think is sustanialble for a long period!

Yeop I counted 6 but don't think we can count area within 40kms. Looking at colbos teams they had 12 colbo, colbo locals and that isn't counting guys like the Jacobs brothers who have played a number of seasons there and O'brien who is basically a local.
Think locking would be getting up to the 16 mark in terms of number of locals playing at the moment!
So in saying that only playing 6 locals I do not think is sustanialble for a long period!
What do you mean by sustainable blokes living in Rochester and Bendigo are blokes that have been there for a few years the Board of the club have a long term plan for the future have hard workers and fantastic supporters i think Elmore will be more sustainable than a North Bendigo who are spen ding huge money this year to snare a flag with big name recruits.

What do you mean by sustainable blokes living in Rochester and Bendigo are blokes that have been there for a few years the Board of the club have a long term plan for the future have hard workers and fantastic supporters i think Elmore will be more sustainable than a North Bendigo who are spen ding huge money this year to snare a flag with big name recruits.

Didn't say North are sustainable because they too are surely not sustainable. Was simply saying it unfortunate because Elmore cannot produce locals year after year like lockington and colbo, so will not be able to compete strongly year after year. They will have their good years where it all comes together and they get the right recruits! Then these guys naturally leave and it puts them in a hole.
P.S. I don't think Rochester and bendigo blokes are very sustainable either it is only in the rarest cases that these blokes stick around for long periods of time.

Didn't say North are sustainable because they too are surely not sustainable. Was simply saying it unfortunate because Elmore cannot produce locals year after year like lockington and colbo, so will not be able to compete strongly year after year. They will have their good years where it all comes together and they get the right recruits! Then these guys naturally leave and it puts them in a hole.
P.S. I don't think Rochester and bendigo blokes are very sustainable either it is only in the rarest cases that these blokes stick around for long periods of time.

North may be unsustainable but they have been able to recruit some high quality players out of better comps to play in the last couple of years. Colbo have done the same this year but a few may leave again next year. You can bottom out in country footy for 5-8 years build a war chest to sustain payments for a couple of years to win a flag and then bottom out again. Wasn't that long ago Huntly was a basket case.
How do you do the above? $$$$ whoever has the most are successful in recruiting. Its always the have and the have nots scenario.

North may be unsustainable but they have been able to recruit some high quality players out of better comps to play in the last couple of years. Colbo have done the same this year but a few may leave again next year. You can bottom out in country footy for 5-8 years build a war chest to sustain payments for a couple of years to win a flag and then bottom out again. Wasn't that long ago Huntly was a basket case.
How do you do the above? $$$$ whoever has the most are successful in recruiting. Its always the have and the have nots scenario.
Show a bit of faith in locals and recruit around them!

Spot on,when Heathcote had those strong years there where ten locals playing might had a few more to coming up when they had injuries to their imports,now they are blooding again in Saturday's side against North there where at least 7 or 8 that have come out of the 3rds

One of my most fulfilling days across a dozen or so years of coaching was an upset 4-5 point win over Mounts at Toolleen in pi$$ing rain where all 21 players had represented Broadford at under age level .... will never happen again at home I assure you ;)

Anyone know how the interleague is shaping up?! Should be a dangerous forward line with some bigs and smalls in good form and a great midfield. That's if all have made themselves available

One of my most fulfilling days across a dozen or so years of coaching was an upset 4-5 point win over Mounts at Toolleen in pi$$ing rain where all 21 players had represented Broadford at under age level .... will never happen again at home I assure you ;)
Well good to hear from you us old blokes don't get on here to offen,how are you going coaching Yea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats everyone think of the Interleague team

HEATHCOTE DISTRICT

B: Matt McEvoy, Chris Black, Hoby Bussey

Hb: Darcy Richards, Matt Riordan, Jye Keath

C: Jackson McEwan, Ryan Semmel, Tim Lincoln

Hf: Braidey Dickens, Nicholas Grigg, Jeremy Mills

F: Harry Whittle, Grant Weeks, Danny Brewster

Foll: Lochlan Sirret, Hayden Wright, Matt Bongiovanni

Interchange: (from) Stacy Fiske, Pat O'Brien, James Harney, Joel Helman, Chris Gleeson, Matthew Filo

Whats everyone think of the Interleague team

HEATHCOTE DISTRICT

B: Matt McEvoy, Chris Black, Hoby Bussey

Hb: Darcy Richards, Matt Riordan, Jye Keath

C: Jackson McEwan, Ryan Semmel, Tim Lincoln

Hf: Braidey Dickens, Nicholas Grigg, Jeremy Mills

F: Harry Whittle, Grant Weeks, Danny Brewster

Foll: Lochlan Sirret, Hayden Wright, Matt Bongiovanni

Interchange: (from) Stacy Fiske, Pat O'Brien, James Harney, Joel Helman, Chris Gleeson, Matthew Filo
Not the strongest team the league could offer

How's the recruiting going to be for some of the clubs, especially North Bendigo going to go next year with the points system. Lot of players recruited in from better leagues. Lots of points will be racked up. Interesting times ahead.

It would be an interesting exercise to tally up the points and compare them for this round. Not sure anyone can, but it would make for interesting reading.

Flag favourite- North bendigo
Surprise- Leitchville-gunbower
Dissapointment- colbo (at this stage)
Comp medal- Keath

Anyone giving LG a chance against north this weekend?? 2 undefeated teams, should be a good contest.

Flag favourite- North bendigo
Surprise- Leitchville-gunbower
Dissapointment- colbo (at this stage)
Comp medal- Keath

Anyone giving LG a chance against north this weekend?? 2 undefeated teams, should be a good contest.

Don't think many would argue North are flag favs & L/Gun are the surprise packet so far but Colbo missed the finals last year and will play finals this year and might even be top 3. Played a couple of those games they lost away from Colbo so could reverse a result or two so they should be fine.

Mounts are the biggest disappointment I think. Continue to spend huge and they are really struggling hard to see them playing finals now.

Don't think many would argue North are flag favs & L/Gun are the surprise packet so far but Colbo missed the finals last year and will play finals this year and might even be top 3. Played a couple of those games they lost away from Colbo so could reverse a result or two so they should be fine.

Mounts are the biggest disappointment I think. Continue to spend huge and they are really struggling hard to see them playing finals now.

Actually you are spot on about mounts being the biggest disappointment! Not sure how I left them out. Been horrendous. I said at the start of the year there parkside recruits were no good! Grigg the only exception

North got done, they seem slow and there big blokes get lazy and what was with Heardman playing back pocket in the last quarter where the game was still to be won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back