Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Butter in coffee does not spike insulin. Scone does end of story.
Genuine question - does butter have advantages that cream doesn't? Friend starts every day with coffee with cream in it, no sugar - she's in mighty fine shape.

Genuine question - does butter have advantages that cream doesn't? Friend starts every day with coffee with cream in it, no sugar - she's in mighty fine shape.

Probably has more to do with the other 95% of food/calories consumed and exercise regime, genetics as opposed to butter vs. coffee

Probably has more to do with the other 95% of food/calories consumed and exercise regime, genetics as opposed to butter vs. coffee
No doubt - she's a vegetarian who exercises daily which certainly helps, but back to the actual question?

I use cream more often at work as it blends better than butter. Butter = churned cream with buttermilk removed. Butter has less lactose than cream but fat content, minerals and energy are all similar. I agree with saj though, i would be looking at the other 90% of her diet and her exercise routine.

Butter has virtually no carbs or protein opposed to cream which still has a small amount albeit enough to cause issues with very sensitive people.
Ghee is more pure again.

Butter has virtually no carbs or protein opposed to cream which still has a small amount albeit enough to cause issues with very sensitive people.
Ghee is more pure again.

And what is the problem with some carbs and protein?

Is it just me or cant I find MCT oil in liquid form being sold at iherb anymore?

Bought my last big glass jar of NOW MCT oil from there as they do a good price.. but cant find it now.
Where else is a good place to buy it from?

Oh didnt realize BN sells their own MCT! Thats perfect, just waiting till next month to see what their free gift is to do my next order.

Cheers for the heads up! :thumbsu:

Anyone tried BN's new protein matrix blend? Mix of WPI/WPC and milk isolates?
Ive always gone with WPI but was thinking of just going WPC this order.. so this matrix blend thing might be a better option??

Ive tried the matrix blend, and im someone that lactose/dairy can cause some minor stomach issues. But the matrix blend was no different to the WPI. The matrix blend is thicker when mixed with water more like the consistency of casein. Give it a go id say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting my bullet proof coffee fix using instant coffee and a jam jar, not perfect but gets the job done.

07f6b051cde5a8b00c4c2f68506acb90.jpg

If I want caffeine, I have caffeine

If I want fats and oils, I eat fats and oils.

I guess I eat a high veg, high protein diet and low carb which probably means I get plenty of fat in my diet. So no need for added fat.

If I want caffeine, I have caffeine

If I want fats and oils, I eat fats and oils.

I guess I eat a high veg, high protein diet and low carb which probably means I get plenty of fat in my diet. So no need for added fat.
Sorry, thats not a valid reason to dismiss butter/oil coffee. People like Pizza, do they break down individual macro's in defence?

Sorry, thats not a valid reason to dismiss butter/oil coffee. People like Pizza, do they break down individual macro's in defence?

Could you not view BP coffee as a supplement and not need it if the nutrients you would get from it are already gained from other sources within your diet?

Their are not many nutrients in butter oil coffee, I drink it because it tastes awesome and the caffeen hit is something I have had all my adult lif and the butter/oil provides excellent satiety, and contrary to what the so called experts tell us it does sharpen me up for three or four hours. I love it, but its no superfood to replace the nutrients I will consume later on in the day.

Their are not many nutrients in butter oil coffee, I drink it because it tastes awesome and the caffeen hit is something I have had all my adult lif and the butter/oil provides excellent satiety, and contrary to what the so called experts tell us it does sharpen me up for three or four hours. I love it, but its no superfood to replace the nutrients I will consume later on in the day.
It is also a great calorie filler for those who lift and need the extra calories for energy and to build muscle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back