Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's worse than the Port game, We weren't favourites and were expected to lose playing away etc Geelong have had our measure for sometime and they still have alot of dangerous player's on there list, I can see Hawkins shrugging McGovern and Schoey aside very easily, Where's all the optimistic people around to tell us its ok haha
its okay son everything is going to be fine.

I think that we will be ok this week with our current back 6. Just need our mids to continue to run back to support our back 6.

I'd like to see colledge brought in for a go, and give Selwood another week as sub as he builds up fitness.

Cripps to play in the middle a bit more (he's been in the centre bounces quite a few times of late), rotate through HF with colledge.

What will probably happen.

Out: Yeo
In: Hutchings

Bennell to sub.

At least one silver lining in yeo's suspension is that it gives him a bit of a rest. He looked pretty sore last week after going for a mark, went pretty quiet for a while after that. Freshens him up for North. :)

I am a little surprised to see plenty here tipping the Cats to win.
Is that just not wanting to tempt fate, or do you guys really see the Cats as favourites?

On our board, the mood is hovering between "expecting a loss" through to "we can win this" with the usual outliers saying "cats by 10 goals"
A lot of anticipation for what is such an important game for both sides. Can't wait!

I am a little surprised to see plenty here tipping the Cats to win.
Is that just not wanting to tempt fate, or do you guys really see the Cats as favourites?

On our board, the mood is hovering between "expecting a loss" through to "we can win this" with the usual outliers saying "cats by 10 goals"
A lot of anticipation for what is such an important game for both sides. Can't wait!

I think we would feel a lot more comfortable if both Yeo and Sheedy where available. Both have played their part in our midfield improvement this year. I guess there is a concern that we might revert back to our old ways.

Not sure if you should be favourites but I think your odds are much longer than they should be. Despite the fact we're sitting second our only wins of note have been over Port (who've subsequently gone off the boil in a big way) and GWS. Add to that the mounting list of unavailable players, which now includes a few first-choice mids in Yeo, Rosa and Sheed as well as our two top tall backs, Darling and some reasonable depth players.

I think the general feeling is that this game will be a real test of whether we have actually improved or are still 'flat track bullies', as much as I hate the term.

I think we would feel a lot more comfortable if both Yeo and Sheedy where available. Both have played their part in our midfield improvement this year. I guess there is a concern that we might revert back to our old ways.
Ditto for us with Duncan and probably Bartel.

Both teams' form feels somewhat brittle, which is what makes it so interesting. I expect at least one side to emerge with stronger credentials, potentially both if it is a ding-dong battle with a close finish.

Not sure if you should be favourites but I think your odds are much longer than they should be. Despite the fact we're sitting second our only wins of note have been over Port (who've subsequently gone off the boil in a big way) and GWS. Add to that the mounting list of unavailable players, which now includes a few first-choice mids in Yeo, Rosa and Sheed as well as our two top tall backs, Darling and some reasonable depth players.

I think the general feeling is that this game will be a real test of whether we have actually improved or are still 'flat track bullies', as much as I hate the term.
Let's just wait for the next 4 weeks to see how deep the Simpson message of "what it takes" sinks in.

I said before that so long as we continue to play the right brand of football in the next 4 weeks, then we should be happy regardless of the result. This month will test our resolve as much as it tests our depth.

I'd say had the cats had our draw, they'd likely be 6-2 as well, maybe 7-1, not sure we'd be 4-4 had we had theirs. That's the difference for me, we are still yet to prove ourselves, and missing Yeo, on top of all our others already missing, I reckon we'll struggle. My tip is Cats by 4 goals, they still have much more class across the board than we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCGINNITY WHY!

Surely out of those in's, Colledge has to be the most logical choice, dominated for most of 2015 in the WAFL and has more potential to be on the list in 2 years than that round thing called Patrick who masquerades as an AFL player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back