Prediction Round 2, 2024: Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he takes away key defenders from Allen thats one reason....and if you get rid of him then it's basically Allen up forward

Young Jack Williams is okay but still a bit too young for me as a key position forward

We can't use Bailey up forward as we wanted to because Flynn is injured and we have no ruck

Yes I can understand your frustration for Jack but until we can get someone else Jack has to play that role up forward

Sort of agree on Darling.

If Amiss and Treacy can carry Freo then we can certainly run around with OA leading up from FF, Maric roaming around at 50 and Darling staying home in the goal square.

Really is no point Darling trying to go with his GWS opponents (likely Perryman) as he will just exhaust himself and be left trailing back anyway.

May as well just try and get a few cheapies over the top or at least present as that non-existent target our shiteshow fwd structure produced for much of last weeks Port game.

Our mids against Port, looking up and seeing:

1710834086407.png

Attachments

• 1710833454819.png
    1710833454819.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 64
Who gives a s**t, he's been s**t for three years, we need to redevelop, so lets do it, the longer we "wait" for Darling to get better the longer this rebuild is gonna take. God I hope Pyke pulls these campaigners into order.
Whoa...calm your jets big boy!? Who let the dogs out?
Everyone is frustrated by the last few years, you're not alone.
We may be stuck with Darling (if he's truly cooked and not just underdone for round 1?) until we have a suitable replacement. You can't just gut the team and replace them all with juniors?
It requires some foresight and patience, something you clearly seem devoid of?

Last edited:
Whoa...calm your jets big boy!? Who let the dogs out?
Everyone is frustrated by the last few years, you're not alone. Throwing your weight around on here will not make a single bit of difference...zilch.
We may be stuck with Darling (if he's truly cooked and not just underdone for round 1?) until we have a suitable replacement. You can't just gut the team and replace them all with juniors?
It requires some foresight and patience, something you clearly seem devoid of?
Darling isn't cooked its his attitude. Tough love in the wafl might wake him up.

Missed the game on Sunday so have been watching it a qtr at time when I get the TV to myself.

Gaff, mmm nuff said. Chess did more in his 1st 5 mins than Gaff in 2-1/2 qtrs.

Darling wasn't much more influential but in his defense I noticed several times he would be on a 30-40mtr lead and give a good option only for the ball to be sent 2 mtrs over his head to Rata-Aliar behind him.

Gaff is obviously the first of probably a few of the old guard to be sent back to get some touch, if they can, but Darling gets another week at least. Give him some half decent service when he is giving that option and see what he can do.

JJ must come in this week and will be interesting to see if Barnett does as well.

I'd rather finish last with young blokes than finish last with old blokes. The young blokes get a season in the legs. That fast forwards the rebuild. Get Barnett in to ruck. B Williams to CHF. We get to see how well B Williams plays CHF.

Maric v Waterman v A Reid soon enough. So many variables here. It is time for Darling to go. List clogger now, he is not getting better. Let him get 3 goals to catch Sumich then let him play WAFL to finish season and career. Instead of carrying these old guys this year, to bottom out next year, do it now. Get it over and done with. It is embarrassing knowing Gaff and Darling should of went out with Shuey, Hurn and Nic Nat last year and Round 1 it is a thing already.

I'm fully prepared for a big cleanout and some forced injury retirements this season. Barrass, Sheed and Ryan especially and how long is a piece of string with Yeo. Gaff needs to go early so we get a stab at mid season draft with pick 1.

Darling isn't cooked its his attitude. Tough love in the wafl might wake him up.
How do we know it's his attitude? How do we know what is actually going on with Darling's poor performance? How do we know what's going on with him mentally or physically? It's all hearsay until the facts come out. I'm not defending Darling, if he's underperforming then off to the Waffle with him, if we can make do with someone else. Same applies to all...

Last edited:
I'd rather finish last with young blokes than finish last with old blokes. The young blokes get a season in the legs. That fast forwards the rebuild. Get Barnett in to ruck. B Williams to CHF. We get to see how well B Williams plays CHF.

Maric v Waterman v A Reid soon enough. So many variables here. It is time for Darling to go. List clogger now, he is not getting better. Let him get 3 goals to catch Sumich then let him play WAFL to finish season and career. Instead of carrying these old guys this year, to bottom out next year, do it now. Get it over and done with. It is embarrassing knowing Gaff and Darling should of went out with Shuey, Hurn and Nic Nat last year and Round 1 it is a thing already.
A.Reid is probably a prospect for next year
I'm fully prepared for a big cleanout and some forced injury retirements this season. Barrass, Sheed and Ryan especially and how long is a piece of string with Yeo. Gaff needs to go early so we get a stab at mid season draft with pick 1.
As much as this mioght sound good, there is no point dumping the senior guys who still have an ability to play if we dont have decent draft picks to replace them. No point just drafting a bunch of guys with picks 70ish just to delist them in a couple of years anyway

There's a big difference between surgical removal and just pure ripping it off, the rate of complications is about 15% I believe, fingers crossed for him.
“Pure ripping it off” (avulsion) at the tibia has happened once in AFL history. Attempted reattachment has been attempted once in AFL history and was successful. So what are you basing your claim of “career ending” and a “15% surgical complication rate” on when it’s happened once and was operated on once successfully?

How do you know it's his attitude, who told you? How do you know what is actually going on with Darling's poor performance? How do you know what's going on with him mentally or physically? It's all hearsay until the facts come out. I'm not defending Darling, if he's underperforming then off to the Waffle with him, if we can make do with someone else. Same with anyone else...
How embarrassing mate, the clubs on its way to a trifecta of wooden spoons and you're upset about a critical comment on a player who has been very average for a while now

Just play the kids full stop, the obvious replacement for JD is Jack Williams, he’s fit, in good form in the WAFL on the weekend. If JD doesn’t fire a shot then give him a run in the 2’s.
Barrass had a poor game too, unfortunately there’s no obvious replacement with Edwards and Bazzo injured.
100% reward good form and play the kids.
There’s still experience out there and the quicker we get games into Burgiel, Barnett, Hall etc the better, might even unearth a gem or 2.
We can all tolerate losing playing the kids, what we all detest is the overused not funny jokes like naming Gaff every week regardless of how poor the form he’s in.

Why Waterman ?
Waterman had a terrific game just run his arse of defensively
He did so much cover running for our captain and Darling

Most of it must have been off screen because his terrific defensive running resulted in…. Checks stats… nil, zero, naught tackles and no free kicks for….
Now I won’t call for him to be dropped but he didn’t play anything but an average game ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Pure ripping it off” (avulsion) at the tibia has happened once in AFL history. Attempted reattachment has been attempted once in AFL history and was successful. So what are you basing your claim of “career ending” and a “15% surgical complication rate” on when it’s happened once and was operated on once successfully?
Dude, this is the internet.

People wouldn't just make s**t up to sound knowledgeable.

Right?

Most of it must have been off screen because his terrific defensive running resulted in…. Checks stats… nil, zero, naught tackles and no free kicks for….
Now I won’t call for him to be dropped but he didn’t play anything but an average game ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was told before the game that he would have to sacrifice is game to cover for Oscar and then Jack
Darling stopped chasing meaning he had to take up slack there as well
He was playing a purely defensive role was told he got praised for it after the game and his GPS numbers were huge

But i will say that is not a sustainable role, nothing like he was playing in the preseason
Cant see Oscar playing this week, he should not of played on the weekend
I blame Simpson for not being strong enough and saying Oscar you cant play

Dude, this is the internet.

People wouldn't just make s**t up to sound knowledgeable.

Right?
Plenty of absolute BS being posted on here about injuries that should just be let go through to the ‘keeper but I’ll draw a line when you’re having a crack at other blokes when you’ve clearly got NFI what you’re talking about yourself. Big difference between expressing an opinion (which should be encouraged) and making statements that are factually incorrect.

Well well well! OA out and Taylor waiting.
JD out of form but also the victim of some s**t delivery and constantly being outnumbered.
Is this the chance for our coaches to be more innovative?
If we kick long and high we will get screwed( more)
Let’s go small and fast.This is a chance for WC to finally stop “the bomb”.
Stop ,look, prop,go sideways, retain possession.
Cmon Simmo do something different, take some risks

Well well well! OA out and Taylor waiting.
JD out of form but also the victim of some s**t delivery and constantly being outnumbered.
Is this the chance for our coaches to be more innovative?
If we kick long and high we will get screwed( more)
Let’s go small and fast.This is a chance for WC to finally stop “the bomb”.
Stop ,look, prop,go sideways, retain possession.
Cmon Simmo do something different, take some risks
Those last 2 sentences are an oxymoron, considering sideways and retaining possession was our game plan for 8 or so years.

Do we go tall to replace Allen or do we go for some ground level goal nous, someone who is a known goal sneak? I'm thinking Coby Burgiel.

Srs:

Out: Allen, Gaff
In: Maric, Jones (sub)

I'd be keen to see Hall debut as sub but without any insight as to how fit/ready he is after his injury I'd think Jones is an appropriate sub.

So did JJ let Simmos lawn die over the summer? Cant understand how he has been knocked down the pecking order. He was fantastic early last year before injury. I would have JJ before Witherden any day.
There was never any reported injury and he was back training with Kelly earlier than most. So I would love to know why Simmo dislikes him.
He was one of our best players in the wafl practice match with his run of half back a feature of his game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back