Roast Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last week I took it on this chin and generated enough cash to do a double upgrade this week...

...then freaking Hodge and Lewis have to get suspended..

now instead of doing two upgrades I've got to sideways trade these idiots!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Two weeks for Lewis.

Very tempted to hold off and make improvements elsewhere. He's just that good (and expensive).
Serious question,
But why not trade him out, for say Ebert, score the points, then trade back in 2 weeks?
His price won't change.
Is it because your 2 trades will be tied up elsewhere?
I'd prioritise getting some value out of my $600k for 1 of my trades.

I would say there are a few reasons:
1. He is a keeper
2. You will need to trade him back in, so you need the cash free
3. The bye rounds are coming up and Rocky is going to bottom out. You may need trades for these things.
4. If you have good cover on your bench, fantasy is a marathon. 50/100 extra points in the 2 weeks, may put your team behind the 8 ball moving forward as you have used up sideways trades where as someone has had the additional upgrades.

It is these small decisions that win/loose you in the overall rankings. No one knows the right thing to do now, they just have a hunch

So last week I took it on this chin and generated enough cash to do a double upgrade this week...

...then freaking Hodge and Lewis have to get suspended.

now instead of doing two upgrades I've got to sideways trade these idiots!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not at all. Lewis has 2 weeks so he sits on the bench for 2 weeks. That's two trades I'm not going to waste and who know what will happen to stop me trading him back.

Then lets say Hodge gets four. You use one trade to get rid of him and one to get him back. These could be used just as well somewhere else. So your without him for a while improve the rest of your team he is a keeper. Don't trade them. If he get six think about it. I think he will get three by pleading guilty.

Serious question,
But why not trade him out, for say Ebert, score the points, then trade back in 2 weeks?
His price won't change.
I'd prioritise getting some value out of my $600k for 1 of my trades.

Because I can upgrade someone else this week and have a similar side. Then in two weeks bring in the cavalry off the bench.

Have Hodge and Lewis out and just to make things better, Bennell has been suspended by GCS for drinking as soon as he starts to look good and J Martin is out with an ankle injury. I will need some luck to score well this week.

I am cursed. Traded Sloane for Duncan and he goes and injures his ******* foot after dominating in the first half. Also, Cripps late out?!?! Salem doing a hammy too. Christ almighty.

Could have been worse though, I initially was going to bring in Isaac Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade out NVB for Parker, NVB gets 99, Parker 71
Changed my VC from Fyfe to Heppell this week, Lewis doesn't play, Heppell gets sub 100, Fyfe 150.
* me. I'm afraid to make any decisions at all because I know no matter what it'll be the wrong one.

My midfield continues to (not) deliver.

70, 71, 87, 80, 83, 93. :confused:

Happy with the last three scores, given they're rookies.

Take it you had the brilliant trio of Parker,Neale and Treloar.

Very frustrating this season.

Lewis (C) late out, Parker VC.... must resist urge to delete team this year

arraragagaaggagaaaaahhhhhh lol

coming into round 11...
all is sweet, team is nicely balanced to cater for the byes.
then fargin armageddon begins...
Sinclair, Mcinnes, Amon and Bellchambers all get dropped, Grundy has training accident,
Vandenberg does a hammy so in comes Danny Stanley who does a knee by qtr time.

FFF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back