Strategy 2024 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it expected rd 0 players price changes wil be after rd1?

Will it be a big shift - ie 2 price rises in 1

Or will it just be the same as others but both scores taken into account - ie kinda like same formula but the Ave of the 2 moves it

Video from MJ if coaches panel suggests they will get a bigger movement because of the 2 scores.

How this plays out has a big strategy effect

How is it expected rd 0 players price changes wil be after rd1?

Will it be a big shift - ie 2 price rises in 1

Or will it just be the same as others but both scores taken into account - ie kinda like same formula but the Ave of the 2 moves it

Video from MJ if coaches panel suggests they will get a bigger movement because of the 2 scores.

How this plays out has a big strategy effect
Yeah will be a big shift I would say. 2 price rises in 1.

It can't work any other way. They'll have their break even adjusted ahead of Round 1, then it will be impacted again by their Round 1 score. So will result in a substantial change.
i guess it will be a bit like RDT and the 1st price change being the biggest.

It does make someone like Walsh interesting. Misses rd 2 so almost no point picking him for 1 game despite being underpriced (better to skip him, and trade him in at rd 3 having only had 1 game and 1 price rise. But if he goes 110 rd 0 then he will make ok cash with 2 price rises built into 1 and your deciding on whether he is worth just picking him to get hm cheap or miss the value knowing hes about to miss a game. (choosing him as someone who was a lock on value but for this fixture and his real early bye in it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have the full positions, Prices, finalised teams and finalised the new rules.

Now why can’t they open the game up!
I would love for the game to be open but then you gotta look at blokes with no pictures or dt live type pictures of Brodie Grundy in a Collingwood jumper

It doesn't work because 8 teams play twice in that period. What are you going to do with those scores?
isnt that the poont of the post.

Start rd 0 then unlimited trades before rd 1 (so the 8 teams who play twice are the only ines your choosing to make up your team in rd 1 then you may or may not keep them rd 2).

Id have done that and had prices change after rd 0 (rewarding those who picked well in that week)

I think they decided having to choose from 8 teams only for the 1st week would be too hard for the casuals and/or they would simply miss the start of the season with it creeping up on them and never join

isnt that the poont of the post.

Start rd 0 then unlimited trades before rd 1 (so the 8 teams who play twice are the only ines your choosing to make up your team in rd 1 then you may or may not keep them rd 2).

Id have done that and had prices change after rd 0 (rewarding those who picked well in that week)

I think they decided having to choose from 8 teams only for the 1st week would be too hard for the casuals and/or they would simply miss the start of the season with it creeping up on them and never join
They only didn't do that because they thought casual would be confused by that.

That also doesn't really impact the bye issue. Those Round 0 players still get a bye later, so doesn't turn the needle on whether we should pick them or not.

Playing Round 0 with unlimited trades really just means we all get a free hit, it doesn't actually impact the byes or the ladder and I see that it may alienate casual fans who aren't across the fact that you'll need to get a team in before these random semi-preseason games occur.

They only didn't do that because they thought casual would be confused by that.

That also doesn't really impact the bye issue. Those Round 0 players still get a bye later, so doesn't turn the needle on whether we should pick them or not.

Playing Round 0 with unlimited trades really just means we all get a free hit, it doesn't actually impact the byes or the ladder and I see that it may alienate casual fans who aren't across the fact that you'll need to get a team in before these random semi-preseason games occur.
Yep exactly this

The disappointing thing for me is the AFL's inability to think through their decisions and how they may have negative unintended consequences. Fantasy football is an excellent way to grow engagement in the sport and also a way get eyeballs on matches involving clubs with smaller supporter bases or whose seasons are likely to peter out to nothing. The fact that this was one of the incoming CEO's first 'captain's calls' since taking the job doesn't bode well for the state of the game under his leadership. It's a slap in the face to a loyal subsection of the game.

/rant

Can someone decipher this mangling of the english language .....surely I'm not that dumb, but I can't understand what he's getting at

View attachment 1870890
Once you translate “OR” to mean “opening round” it makes more sense.

I.e. opening round (round zero) players will have a bigger price increase than those who only play round 1. But that bigger increase will only occur after round 1, not after round zero

Once you translate “OR” to mean “opening round” it makes more sense.

I.e. opening round (round zero) players will have a bigger price increase than those who only play round 1. But that bigger increase will only occur after round 1, not after round zero
Many thanks ....makes sense now

Can someone decipher this mangling of the english language .....surely I'm not that dumb, but I can't understand what he's getting at

View attachment 1870890
How hard is it to understand?

Prior to Round 0 player will have a BE based on their price. After Round 0, those who play will have their BE adjusted to build in their latest score but their price won't change. After they play Round 1, their price will change based on their adjusted BE, leading to a larger price change like you would experience in Supercoach or Real DT where prices don't immediately change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back