I Confess I Was Wrong Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
This may be a bad idea but when I heard someone recently tell me that it's common to make an opinion and argue it vehemently that it often doesn't change through stubbornness, and even though you end up in the wrong, you then twist things to make your point.

I have noticed this more since hearing that and thought this would be a nice place to confess old regrettable opinions you had and cleanse yourself. Personally, just recently I stupidly never rated Fyfe, I thought he was a shaggy haired, big lipped, overrated player getting rewards from other players hard work......I confess I was wrong. After all the hype this year I started focusing on his play and he is such great player in basically every aspect of the game.

I'm sure I have more to get off my chest, but yeah....

After his brilliant second half in the last round of 2009, I thought Hurley would be the pick of the draft and the next superstar centre half forward.

I was wrong.
You were wrong about the centre half forward bit. But he is a ****ing beast down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be a bad idea but when I heard someone recently tell me that it's common to make an opinion and argue it vehemently that it often doesn't change through stubbornness, and even though you end up in the wrong, you then twist things to make your point.

I have noticed this more since hearing that and thought this would be a nice place to confess old regrettable opinions you had and cleanse yourself. Personally, just recently I stupidly never rated Fyfe, I thought he was a shaggy haired, big lipped, overrated player getting rewards from other players hard work......I confess I was wrong. After all the hype this year I started focusing on his play and he is such great player in basically every aspect of the game.

I'm sure I have more to get off my chest, but yeah....
You need to read book called 'Future Babble' it's absolutely brilliant and goes right in to all that stuff. Best book I've ever read..... And I've read 3!

I was wrong about West Coast. They were mediocre last year (11-11 and 9th) and when they lost both Eric MacKenzie and then Brown I was convinced they'd be bottom 6. I tipped them to finished 13th - just behind Melbourne at 12th.

I dismissed their early season form as flat track bullying.
When they beat Port at AO it made me second guess myself.
But the last month has won me over.
Smashing the Cats, taking it up to the Roos at Blundstone and then rolling Richmond at the G has me convinced they are a quality unit.

Although they may slide a bit later in the year, they're a lock for the 8 and currently the favourite for that one top 4 spot that's up for grabs (Freo, Hawthorn and Sydney have the other 3 locked up).

Josh Kennedy is a similar story. 10 against Carlton, 1 against Freo, 6 against GWS, 1 against Port. It looked like it was the same story as last year. After 6 against Harry Taylor, 3 against North and 3 against Rance, I'll admit I was wrong about him and he's legit.

He's turned out OK. Not the pick of the draft though, and not what he promised initially.
I'd say this year he's just about gotten to what he was promising as a defender pre-draft. He's an unstoppable monster at the moment. Miles in front of our B&F.

Another one that I would like to add after the OP is Bartel. I know it's hard to argue with a Brownlow and premiership medals but I always thought he was getting rewarded again by others and he would go missing too much. But when I see the stats of impact he has when playing with the team I have long being denying his greatness.....sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back