Preview Rnd 14 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Saturday 4th July 7.30pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Fields be selected? I thought he was a rookie.

Pretty sure we've got scope to upgrade if necessary, with Judd, Thomas and Giles out of action.
Sheehan & Wood were our nominated rookies and even Sheehan may well be out for the rest of they year.
Byrne had been upgraded against Giles' LTI, if I remember right..

Anyway, we'd have at least a couple of spots open, I think.

Pretty sure we've got scope to upgrade if necessary, with Judd, Thomas and Giles out of action.
Sheehan & Wood were our nominated rookies and even Sheehan may well be out for the rest of they year.
Byrne had been upgraded against Giles' LTI, if I remember right..

Anyway, we'd have at least a couple of spots open, I think.
Thanks Harks.
I wasn't sure of the situation given all of those variables you have just mentioned.

Thanks Harks.
I wasn't sure of the situation given all of those variables you have just mentioned.

I'm not sure either HBF.

What we know:
1. Given we had a 38/6 split we were able to nominate 2 rookies. That took care of Wood & Sheehan.
2. We're allowed another rookie elevation should we choose to after round 12, which is now.
3. Byrne was elevated on the back of Giles who may not come back this year.
4. We have Thomas & Judd out for the year so on my reckoning, we have scope to elevate at least 2 further rookies not taking Sheehans situation into account along with the mid year elevation.

So we have three possible rookie elevations?

I'm not sure either HBF.

What we know:
1. Given we had a 38/6 split we were able to nominate 2 rookies. That took care of Wood & Sheehan.
2. We're allowed another rookie elevation should we choose to after round 12, which is now.
4. We have Thomas & Judd out for the year so on my reckoning, we have scope to elevate at least 2 further rookies not taking Sheehans situation into account along with the mid year elevation.

Easy to do, but you have overlooked Warnock as well.
If the club desires, we could elevate and play all of the rookies

I'm not sure either HBF.

What we know:

I remember reading that Sheehan's injury put him on the LTI, and his nominated spot was therefore available.
So we have 7 rookies on the list (available to play) and the following spots available:
- 2 Nominated rookies
- Midseason rookie upgrade
- LTI for Judd
- LTI for Thomas
- LTI for Warnock
- LTI for Giles (expires in July I believe - unless we renominated him at some point to extent the LTI position.)

With Jamo pretty definite coming in, and White unlikely to be dropped, where exactly would Fields play?

Anywhere within goal kicking distance.

So 3rd defender or loose man down back...

100 point loss coming up for a The Sheik :thumbsu:

If this match was in round 3 or 4, I'd be expecting an 80-point smashing. Now, with this newfound enthusiasm & fight, I reckon it will be around the 20-25 point mark.

Dogs are a damn good young side who are playing with a lot of confidence, they will be tough to get over. Anything inside that figure will be a huge improvement for us overall.

Wondering who will be assigned the job of minding Boyd plus Stringer & Bontempelli will be handfuls in the midfield.

Going to be some good challenges for a number of our players, looking forward to seeing how they handle it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this match was in round 3 or 4, I'd be expecting an 80-point smashing. Now, with this newfound enthusiasm & fight, I reckon it will be around the 20-25 point mark.

Dogs are a damn good young side who are playing with a lot of confidence, they will be tough to get over. Anything inside that figure will be a huge improvement for us overall.

Wondering who will be assigned the job of minding Boyd plus Stringer & Bontempelli will be handfuls in the midfield.

Going to be some good challenges for a number of our players, looking forward to seeing how they handle it.

Expecting a 15 point win.

They weren't overly impressive against the saints and are playing about 3 first year players in their team.
Also hoping Hendo and Cas can exploit Roberts and Hamling, who are both inexperienced.

We've matched up pretty well on the Doggies in the past, as always it will be won and lost in the midfield and i reckon our bigger bodies in the contest might just win out.

Can Fields be selected? I thought he was a rookie.

So, if Fields plays along with Watson, it's quite possible he could kick out from full back and hit Watson in the center circle, then Watson could line up for a shot on goal. I'd go to the game just to see that.

Expecting a 15 point win.

They weren't overly impressive against the saints and are playing about 3 first year players in their team.
Also hoping Hendo and Cas can exploit Roberts and Hamling, who are both inexperienced.

We've matched up pretty well on the Doggies in the past, as always it will be won and lost in the midfield and i reckon our bigger bodies in the contest might just win out.

Be a massive boon for everyone if we got over them this week.

Three in a row, when was the last time we did that ??

So, if Fields plays along with Watson, it's quite possible he could kick out from full back and hit Watson in the center circle, then Watson could line up for a shot on goal. I'd go to the game just to see that.
We all would. That would be something to see two kicks from one end of the ground to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back