Family & Relationships Roomate from Hell

Remove this Banner Ad

No I mean violence against him. s**t in his bed. Piss on his computer. That sort of hijinks.
His bedroom is constantly locked, however I could come home late at night after a party and wake him up. Might be a good starting point.

I'm in the same situation, I've found that it super pissed me off in the first semester (but was doing everything anyway), now I just find its a requisite for living with the bloke I do. I'll just do them, for starters I tell myself not to get pissed off anymore which makes me feel better in the long run; its good practice for me to get into the habit of doing them; and also it will reflect poorly on him next year/coming years when he is living with someone else/girlfriend and he doesn't do s**t.

I've just felt there is no point whining about it as it ruined my day

I'm in the same situation, I've found that it super pissed me off in the first semester (but was doing everything anyway), now I just find its a requisite for living with the bloke I do. I'll just do them, for starters I tell myself not to get pissed off anymore which makes me feel better in the long run; its good practice for me to get into the habit of doing them; and also it will reflect poorly on him next year/coming years when he is living with someone else/girlfriend and he doesn't do s**t.

I've just felt there is no point whining about it as it ruined my day
Well one way of looking at it is that it's a good experience and allows me to get more responsible which can only be a good thing. I do like to stay calm when he's around and do like to stay positive but nevertheless it does piss me off having the sink clean before I go to class and when I get back back to the way it was before I washed up. I mean I am really patient at the best of times, but it's honestly starting to wear thin at the moment.

Tie his shoelaces together, that'll teach him.

In all seriousness I've lived with guys like that and it's a pain in the arse, if I was you I'd leave his dishes dirty and just do your own dishes but keep them in your room.

That way he either has to keep using his dirty dishes or he is forced to clean them himself.

The only problem with this is that he may just leave his dirty dishes there which is annoying as it looks messy and attracts vermin.

Other than that you could speak to him and try to set up a cleaning roster but he sounds like the sort of guy who will just ignore it.

Have all your own plates, cups etc. and only wash them. Keep them in your own room (yeah it's a pain).

Then get a tray, of the morning any unwashed stuff of his put on the tray outside his door. With luck he'll step on it. If he complains say you need the room in the kitchen, and you've put them on the tray so he can easily carry back for him to wash his stuff.

Either he starts being considerate (unlikely) or at least stops having you doing his dishes for him. Over time you can work up to pouring sleeping draughts and the like into his unwashed cups. You may be able to get him missing enough classes / assignments the problem takes care of itself.

I think you're probably better off moving back to your folks for a while .. It will be a better environment to study as the current crap you are having to endure from this selfish prick might distract you from your goals.

I'm not sure how Uni accommodation works, but who's in charge of allocating students to apartments? Surely you can just ask the Landlord (or equivalent) to pop in an show them how he's treating University property? I'm sure they don't want tenants like that as much as you don't.

How can people live in such filth!?!?!
Surely you can get an inspection done by authorised accommodation staff as a last resort to bring this issue to his attention/get some sort of resolution?
Hope this matter gets resolved sooner rather than later! Goodluck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my thread!

One bloke i used to live with was a huge pothead. Once decided to cook, spilt the whole 6 litres of olive oil on the floor. he didnt use the little container, he decided to grab the entire giant tin, try to pour a bit onto the pan, and dropped it, shrugged and continued to cook. Got home was like what the *? clean it up. replied "man, im actually pretty sleepy, im going to go to bed" was kicked out 2 days later. I could write a thesis on the dude.

Another bloke decided to try knife throwing when he was drunk when i was away. Giant knife stuck into the wall.

Another guy, went away for a weekend, came home, 6 plates stacked on the loungeroom table, told him not to do that s**t again. to do his dishes. Came back next weekend. about 8 stacked paper plates :/

Another guy decided to take a bunch of acid on a wednesday night, kinda woke up with him walking into my room and throwing pumpkin seeds onto my bed, Then for the next 10 minutes explained to me how he had to or he felt like something bad would happen

full-metal-jacket-soap-beating.gif

Drink a heap of beer and eat a kilo of baked beans, put a funnel on the end of a hose, let loose your best flatulence a, put hose under his bedroom door and let off a silent but deadly fart. Then without laughing retreat to your bedroom and wait for him to come knocking asking if there is a gas leak.

Reply he must have just regained his sense of smell and it must be because he hasn't cleaned his room as you don't have the same issue. Repeat dose nightly until he cleans or moves out.

Add eggs and fish sauce on subsequent nights as required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back