MVP Votes Round 14 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

5 = Spurr
4 = Mundy
3 = Walters
2 = Neale
1 = Pearce

Fyfe unlucky, tried hard to get into the game, but then all Champions have a day off now & the.

He alternated between very good and very bad throughout but he kicked two important goals and actually had some decent inside 50's for once.

And some shockers. And with five mins left he under no pressure missed an open Barlow and leading walters by 20 odd meters straight down the throat of a Brisbane player. Not to mention the amount of fumbles that were fairly constant through the first half.

5 Walters
2 Ibbotson
2 Spurr
1 Mundy
1 Neale
1 C. Pearce
1 D. Pearce
1 Pavlich
1 McPharlin

Really difficult again. Liked Hill early but got lost, Fyfe deserves votes for his physicality, but his disposal was off a lot.

Alex Pearce is once again our only official young bloke. If you feel he deserves it, you can give him a BYB vote.
Yeah, he will win anyway as long as he is the only eligible playing. But he surely deserves to win, so:

BYB: A. Pearce

5. Mundy .D
4. Neale .L
3. Ibbo .G
2. Walters .m
1. McPharlin .L

BYB. Pearce .A

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And some shockers. And with five mins left he under no pressure missed an open Barlow and leading walters by 20 odd meters straight down the throat of a Brisbane player. Not to mention the amount of fumbles that were fairly constant through the first half.
And yet you have given Fyfe votes after he just torched the footy all day :p

5: Spurr - this guy has turned into a real hardened pro, love the way he runs around players with ease and uses either foot.
4: Ibbotson - MJ lite. Reads it like a book.
3: Walters - Career best form consistently and jailing his set shots.
2: Mundy - not spectacular but very effective.
1: Neale - energiser bunny and always keeps his feet. Balla could learn something from him about how use low centre of gravity to advantage.

BYB: A Pearce - class, poise, creativity. Absolute ripper.

And yet you have given Fyfe votes after he just torched the footy all day :p
:) He did! He also got a bunch of clearances and was key to the fourth quarter scoring burst. Take a look at who is hand balling to deboer for his clearances.

he is a victim of his own ridiculous standards is fyfe.

I think there were a lot of players that were really really good, but no standouts so I'm going to be jerk & spread the votes out :p

2. Mundy
2. Lachie
2. Ibbo
2. Walters
2. Fyfe
2. Sandi
1. McPharlin
1. A Pearce
1. Spurr

BYB: A Pearce

BYB: Fyfe (Best Young Butt)

Not easy to pick out the votes this week. I'll go:

5. Mundy - easily BOG I thought, even before I watched the replay. Replay just confirmed it for me. He was by far the most consistent and his work in stoppages was massive.
3. Walters - we desperately need a couple of others to pick up his goal sense/goal shooting ability.
2. Ibbo - Must get into the AA squad if not the team. Consistent, dependable, does so little wrong and often in the play.
2. Fyfe - was held in the early stages, but he was still very influential as the game went on. Many underestimating his game I reckon.
1. Spurr - good game, very good last quarter
1. McPharlin - general of the back half, take some stupid free-kicks and other things away that were out of his control, essentially nothing went past him.
1. Balla - work rate was just massive. Created a number of chances even if he only hit the scoreboard himself late. Probably deserves higher votes.

Other notables:
DPearce - a bit all over the place, but his good was extremely good and important for our win.
Neale - in the action a lot, but was bit sloppy (conditions not withstanding) and surprisingly a bit off the pace of the game at times. But still, good overall, probably deserves a vote
Mayne - he kicks those two set shots, and it's a great game.
Pav - took his chances, looked solid in conditions that don't suit.
Duffield - very dependable with ball in hand when the play is in his zone.
Suban - provided much needed physical umph in the stoppages. Thought he played his role well.

5.Mundy
4.Ibbo
3.Walters
2.Spurr
1.McPharlap

Good games from Suban,Duffield,Fyfe also Alex Pearce is looking the goodz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back