Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be labelled a racist which is incentive enough for you to stop because you know if you are labelled a racist and paraded around in the media it is likely you will lose your reputation, job and livelihood. It's a perfect self regulating social control device. Congrats to the AFL and the media, your PR campaign is finally reaching its goals of segregating the fans of the AFL. So much for working towards reconciliation and boosting already fledgling AFL crowd numbers.

Im glad EPL is starting in a few weeks, seriously AFL has lost the plot.

Why? Why won't you give me a specific link? I'm trying to seek facts that aboriginals have suffered centuries of being called ape by white australians. And from my own looking into it I find none that don't link to Adam Goodes. So far some random scientist made a causal link puff piece about Charles Darwin era thinking after the Goodes incident.

Calling all black people worldwide subject to the same slurs makes you sound like a simple cretin. They are different races... Africans -- Aboriginals. Two separate races and cultures and historical hardships, circumstances. But alright, lump them all together!

I do welcome legitimate evidence from Australian history though. I'd rather see Adam's distress at being called ape as historically relevant to his heritage.
Surely you are not being serious.

Ape has been a derogeratory term for all indigenous cultures since the Origin of the Species.

Swan and two other men beat someone until he had brain damage then Swan dragged his feet on paying the damages the man was rightfully owed. That's orders worse than anything Goodes has ever done and shows plenty about you.
Yeah Goodes saves his cheap shots for the footy field where he can't get arrested. What Swan did was wrong, he has said so since. You want him to pay for ever? I would never condone violence. How do you feel about your ex players rape charges?

How many Germans domestic football matches you been to?

What club was racist?
You can just imagine his eyes flciking over as he types thinking of what European nation he's going to pluck out of the air to bolster his argument. Ah * it, Germany. Blaming it on the Dutch is getting old. And they let you smoke weed so they're cool.

I don't buy the idea that the media is responsible for this. The media aren't booing. It's fans that are booing.

The AOTY comments clearly touched a nerve and that's actually a good thing. It's good to look at our past and examine it. Probably why he was given that honour in the first place.

the reason why sam mitchell gets booed for a gesture and then the next game it's all over is because people forget about it. but people aren't forgetting about goodes because it's on every tv show (even non-football ones), every newspaper, every radio show so people are constantly being reinforced and reminded of the ideas that made them boo in the first place. it's now become so well ingrained that booing goodes is just a thing people do now. if media had left it alone it would have lasted a week and would have died off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you are not being serious.

Ape has been a derogeratory term for all indigenous cultures since the Origin of the Species.

Once again. Please show me historical evidence of it happening to aboriginals by whites. I can't get any clearer.

Stating things as facts won't convince me. It should be easy to rustle up a link if you have evidence.

So far got some cretin showing us evidence of Africans which is a different race entirely

edit; btw did take his advice and try to find one relating to indigenous australians. Nothing yet unrelated to Adam.

You can just imagine his eyes flciking over as he types thinking of what European nation he's going to pluck out of the air to bolster his argument. Ah **** it, Germany. Blaming it on the Dutch is getting old. And they let you smoke weed so they're cool.

here's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch

A picture says a thousand words. And sadly, I know there are countless dirty incidences just like this that highlight why Goodes continues to get booed.
Mate you are scraping the bottom of the barrel. That would justify and explain systemic vilification of a player. As Bucks said so eloquently - this is lowest common denominator territory. Why cant racists at least be honest. They are racist. They are expressing a mindless bigotry.

Goodes hasn't done that at all. Ever.

No but the media, AFL and his own club are playing the racism card. If Goodes doesn't believe its about race why hasn't he made a statement saying it isn't? Surely he wouldn't want slanderous allegations of racism being made to innocent people in the crowd? He doesn't care, you want to know why, its all about Adam and how he is the victim.

Having said that, there are elements of the crowd that are racist and they need to be dragged over the fire but to label all the people that booed racist is absurd and slanderous. I hope by the way the booing stops for his own health and safety but ffs this is just getting out of hand.

If Goodes were to reveal he was suffering from depression, would those that are booing him feel happy? Pleased you got under his skin? Content?

He seems to be made of sterner stuff than that, but we do seem to have developed more respect for mental health issues than racial issues.

You can just imagine his eyes flciking over as he types thinking of what European nation he's going to pluck out of the air to bolster his argument. Ah **** it, Germany. Blaming it on the Dutch is getting old. And they let you smoke weed so they're cool.
Sure, why not pluck out lowly Romania, or the Czech Republic? Why not the French too, everyone loves to rip on them. Racism is rife in Europe and a lot of people claim to have legitimate reasons for it.

People throw s**t at the AFL and cricket and get ejected for it. If it's something serious like a bottle or rock then they're charged for it.

If that proves Goodes is a dirty player then by that standard 99% of guys in the league are dirty players.

The ability of the brain dead bogan to simultaneously bemoan the 'softening' of the game while saying that a nothing bump on James Hird is a dirty play is astounding.
Funny, I haven't seen 99% of AFL players smack someone in the guts like that off the ball, or even on the ball, I haven't even seen 99% of Collingwood players do that!

Anything bump? Ah yes but Sydney supports, they think they are still playing bloody rugby!

Yeah Goodes saves his cheap shots for the footy field where he can't get arrested. What Swan did was wrong, he has said so since.

It's amazing how forgiving you are in some cases. What exactly has Goodes done worse than group bashing someone, causing brain damage and then not paying the awarded damages or apologising until forced to? It seems bizarre that you'd be in here hounding Goodes' character whilst saying Swanny is a great guy who has learnt his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back