Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Charges downgraded to a fine

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, that never happens!

Barry Hall, anyone?

Cotchin?
Hall should have been suspended, but the AFL's own video to all clubs was the issue. That's how he ended up getting off.

Hall's defence team used video evidence supplied by the AFL to clubs to explain the definition of behind play.
They successfully argued that the incident clearly fell within the definition provided by the AFL in its video.

Yeah, should have been 2 I reckon. Looked intentional to me.

Be interested to know how many cases actually get classified as intentional, it almost feels like a player has to line someone up and belt them to be intentional or fall under the behind the play = intentional ruling.

I like how Goodwin has so much interest in duty of care when it comes to opposition players, not so much his own. Does this elbow plus the Pickett bump on Bailey Smith earlier in the year involve duty of care?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude should buy a lotto ticket. 1 week is comical for a deliberate elbow.

It’s stupid. Just because McStay doesn’t get concussed all of a sudden a raised elbow isn’t so bad?

If he was concussed he would’ve got 3-4wks, why? The action and intent is the same. It’s just luck of whether the guy you hit has a hard head or not.

Back