Tyler Sonsie punch (VFL) - how many weeks? (poll added)

How many weeks?

• 1-3

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • 6-7

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • 8+

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No injury whatsoever and he went to ground… at the very least you would have a concussion if he was legitimately dazed
That is such a horrible take. You should genuinely be embarrassed if that's what you honestly think.

That is such a horrible take. You should genuinely be embarrassed if that's what you honestly think.
Why?
Wouldn’t be the first player to exaggerate contact and wouldn’t be the last
Players now throw the head back into the turf to win dangerous tackle free kicks

I’m not having a go
Good on him, feel the contact and make sure he gets paid the free for it

Baffling.

I'm not sure what kind of penalty another sporting code would give here, but certainly wouldn't be three weeks. Sounds like a Trump meme.

Why?
Wouldn’t be the first player to exaggerate contact and wouldn’t be the last
Players now throw the head back into the turf to win dangerous tackle free kicks

I’m not having a go
Good on him, feel the contact and make sure he gets paid the free for it
To suggest it was a dive is playing down what is an extremely poor action from Sonsie. It's football not boxing.

To suggest it was a dive is playing down what is an extremely poor action from Sonsie. It's football not boxing.
I’m not playing down Sonsies actions at all

Ive said all along I thought the punishment should be 4 weeks minimum purely for the action and more depending on the medical report

What Sonsie did was a dog act and shouldn’t be seen on the footy field but that doesn’t mean that Cappellari didn’t put some mayo on it either

I’m happy Sonsie got three weeks, as it falls mostly in line with similar acts we have seen this season.

I also hope it provides impetus for a review of the role of the MRO and tribunal, and their grading systems. An act like Sonsie’s deserves far more than three weeks. As have a few others this season. The system needs to be scrapped and re-built to reflect this.

Back