• 1 week

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Fine

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Nothing to see here1

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Swinging clenched fist that impacted the upper body ie head and removed a player from most of the first quarter

I can't see how the act was careless and not intentional, because that is not a tackle it's a forceful action that could have had more servere consequences. Very lucky that was Blackey and not Bradshaw.

Take the 2 weeks and run, it was a dog act

So in the space of 2 games "football action" has been expanded to include:
  • jumping in the air and droppIng your shoulder on someone's head
  • hitting someone in the face with a clenched fist

Is it finals time ?
The problem is the bloke who is running the show wants max penalty for 1 and wanted the other guy off without it even getting looked at, If this doesn't paint the picture of the clear bias in Christians decision making process and see him turfed out I don't know what will.

So in the space of 2 games "football action" has been expanded to include:
  • jumping in the air and droppIng your shoulder on someone's head
  • hitting someone in the face with a clenched fist

Is it finals time ?

Attempting a smother is a football action, the second is just Carlton fans being smart asses.

Attempting a smother is a football action, the second is just Carlton fans being smart asses.

A tackle is a football action. The tackle didnt go properly and someone got punched in the face.

Kinda like a smother is a football action. The smother didnt go properly and someone had a shoulder dropped on their head.

Both could have been done properly, but were not done properly. And they should be punished.

Blakey with his head over the ball. Martin with no eyes for the ball, solely intent on striking Blakey in the head with a first. What a cowardly act.

2 weeks is a farce. An intentional strike to the head should be at least 3 weeks.

b352b2d93e1483329816755ed395327c46528871

Blakey with his head over the ball. Martin with no eyes for the ball, solely intent on striking Blakey in the head with a first. What a cowardly act.

2 weeks is a farce. An intentional strike to the head should be at least 3 weeks.

Most people are saying it's worth a week and point to the Van Rooyen incident as precedent.

You're only saying 3+ weeks because you seem to be obsessed death-riding us, which seems to be a common trend with you.

Also conspicuously absent in the Maynard thread where his action was objectively worse, so it's not that you really care about dog acts hey?

You're like Fadge-lite. Just hilarious.

Last edited:
Most people are saying it's worth a week and point to the Van Rooyen incident as precedent.
JVR should have been more than a week.
You're only saying 3+ weeks because you seem to be obsessed death-riding us, which seems to be a common trend with you.
It should be 3+ weeks because it was an intentional strike to the head with a fist that the aggrieved didn't see coming. It's these acts that the AFL wants stamped out to avoid any lawsuits against them, or worse.

Are you not aware how David Hookes died?

Just hilarious.
What's hilarious is how you think I give 2 shits about Carlton.

The obsession is with you replying to my posts.

The obsession is with you replying to my posts.
Absolutely you do, otherwise you wouldn't be doing a Fadge-lite.

It's these acts that the AFL wants stamped out to avoid any lawsuits against them, or worse.
I don't see any post condemning Maynard's act, which was worse. Save me the crocodile tears.

David Hookes didn't die by getting his jaw hit in a game of football. What the hell is this analogy?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is the bloke who is running the show wants max penalty for 1 and wanted the other guy off without it even getting looked at, If this doesn't paint the picture of the clear bias in Christians decision making process and see him turfed out I don't know what will.
And gave JVR a week for an intentional elbow.
If it's not incompetence, then the only other conclusion is that it's corrupt.

I'm not even saying that Martin should get off, but if JVR's is a week, then Martin's should be a fine.
If Martin's is 2 weeks, then JVR's should be 3 weeks.

In reality, Martin's should be a week and JVR's 2 weeks.

JVR should have been more than a week.
Where's your outrage in the JVR thread? Not a single post...

??? This is just a ****ed up comparison. Says more about your Carlton obsession to dive to such depths.

See above two points. Something about the audible volumes of actions vs words...

Surely the dodgy Carlton lawyers won't win again this time
Our Lawyers aernt that good, Christian just can't hold back in his complete collingwood bias when handing down verdicts on Carlton players which makes it easy enough for any old numpty to beat in court.

Absolutely you do, otherwise you wouldn't be doing a Fadge-lite.
I don't know who or what you're talking about. Nor do I care.
I don't see any post condemning Maynard's act, which was worse. Save me the crocodile tears.
That you think what Maynard did (a football act) is worse than what Martin did (a cowardly dog act) just reinforces
1) how obtuse you are, and
2) how you are so hopelessly blinkered by your Carlton bias
David Hookes didn't die by getting his jaw hit in a game of football. What the hell is this analogy?
he died from an unsuspecting fist to his head. just like Martin dished out. that it was on a football field doesn't make it any less dangerous or relevant.

MRO fumbled this one badly. I hope they challenge and he gets given more weeks.

That you think what Maynard did (a football act) is worse than what Martin did (a cowardly dog act) just reinforces

he died from an unsuspecting fist to his head. just like Martin dished out. that it was on a football field doesn't make it any less dangerous or relevant.

You are cute

Given the fact Brayshaw got KOed, yeah, it is objectively worse.

Ahaha "just like Martin dished out", if that were the case, Blakey would've been in the hospital or worse. To even use Hookes' death as an attempt to point-score here is just pathetically sad. The two instances aren't even remotely similar.

Why on earth would Martin, finally playing in his first finals series, and a normally a ball player, intentially strike an opponent to the head, knowing that risks ending his finals campaign, amongst other things?

He was simply trying to tackle vigorously and he got it wrong, possibly exacerbated by Blakey's total lack of anything resembling shoulders.

Careless seems to me the correct grading, and the 2 week suspension is plenty harsh enough given Blakey was thankfully not injured.

So it was careless, high impact, high contact = 2 matches.

He's lucky it wasn't graded as intentional.......

I guess the club will try to argue down the level of impact to medium to get it down to 1 match.

Whatever he ends up with, he deserves a holiday for doing something so dumb. That sort of act doesn't belong in modern footy.
Are there any descriptions of the difference between high and medium impact?
It was certainly careless and high contact, he will definitely get suspended but I guess Carlton will be trying to argue medium impact for a 1 week suspension. There must be some past examples of the difference between the two.

Are there any descriptions of the difference between high and medium impact?
It was certainly careless and high contact, he will definitely get suspended but I guess Carlton will be trying to argue medium impact for a 1 week suspension. There must be some past examples of the difference between the two.

I think you would have to look at cases that were found to be medium and high.

DVU_200823_AFL_SONSIE_SITE_202308201629_2628.mp4

This one in the VFL of Sonsie was argued by the VFL to be severe impact both at the Tribunal and on appeal, but both Tribunals found it to be high impact. The opponent who was struck, despite his initial reaction looking worrying, was not injured to any significant degree. Sonsie got a week more than Martin due to Sonsie's strike being deliberate v Martin's careless.

Which of the two impacts do you think was stronger?

Back