Tyler Sonsie punch (VFL) - how many weeks? (poll added)

How many weeks?

• 1-3

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • 6-7

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • 8+

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did Paddy McCartin get for hitting Aaron Black with a full blooded punch to the face?

Answer is 5 weeks.

Similar situation, but Sonsie's was some kind of kid's playfight punch in comparison. Completely different levels of force behind the punches. McCartin's you would say is high or severe impact, Sonsie's more medium impact. Depending on the medical report to some extent.

I would be shocked to see Sonsie get more than McCartin. It was a poor act and I think he will get 2-3 weeks or 4 if there is a concussion or serious injury.

What did Paddy McCartin get for hitting Aaron Black with a full blooded punch to the face?

Answer is 5 weeks.

Similar situation, but Sonsie's was some kind of kid's playfight punch in comparison. Completely different levels of force behind the punches. McCartin's you would say is high or severe impact, Sonsie's more medium impact. Depending on the medical report to some extent.

I would be shocked to see Sonsie get more than McCartin. It was a poor act and I think he will get 2-3 weeks or 4 if there is a concussion or serious injury.

Youre delusional if you think that is Medium.

Its High or Severe. It starts at 4 weeks.

Youre delusional if you think that is Medium.

Its High or Severe. It starts at 4 weeks.

I could seriously punch someone about 5 times harder than that with my opposite hand and I am not a fighter and I am well past it anyway. It was a senseless act, but not a very forceful punch. It was what we used to call a smack in the mouth, you wouldn't normally expect any injury from it. It possibly caught the North player right in the wrong spot. But for me that cannot be more than 4 weeks and less if no injury.

I could seriously punch someone about 5 times harder than that with my opposite hand and I am not a fighter and I am well past it anyway. It was a senseless act, but not a very forceful punch. It was what we used to call a smack in the mouth, you wouldn't normally expect any injury from it. It possibly caught the North player right in the wrong spot. But for me that cannot be more than 4 weeks and less if no injury.

You are living in fantasy land if you think squaring up a player and punching him in the head will ever be anything less than 'high or severe' impact in modern footy.

Answer is 5 weeks.

:think::think::think:

2-3 weeks? You're saying that this incident should have a comparable stint on the sidelines to most of the dangerous tackle suspensions this year?

If he gets any less than 6 for this then it is official that the AFL/VFL aren't taking protecting the head anywhere near as seriously as they are trying to make us believe.

You are living in fantasy land if you think squaring up a player and punching him in the head will ever be anything less than 'high or severe' impact in modern footy.

You seem so certain.

Franklin got 1 week for this punch graded deliberate, high and LOW impact in 2022.

So you are wrong, deliberate punches to the head/face can indeed be graded less than 'high or severe' impact.

You seem so certain.

Franklin got 1 week for this punch graded deliberate, high and LOW impact in 2022.

So you are wrong, deliberate punches to the head/face can indeed be graded less than 'high or severe' impact.

Yeah, because it's a wildly different punch/situation. It isn't comparable to what Sonsie did.

Back