Game Day Essendon vs Footscray, Docklands, 02/08/2015

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry for the intrusion, but which defender in your opnion will be Dickson match up

Sorry for the intrusion, but which defender in your opnion will be Dickson match up
Either Baguley or Hibberd.

PEOPLE PEOPLE. According to Hirdy McKernans body is banged up abit and he wont be playing at all this weekend.

Better spend the whole ******* weekend in training figuring out his ******* ruckwork. Seriously, hes given away about 15 free kicks in the ruck in the past 2 games, many of them near goal. With the low margins, hes probably cost us the games the last 2 weeks.

That uncomfortable moment when you realise Dickson has kicked more goals than almost every essendon player this year

Has kicked 30 goals - the same amount as Tom Hawkins and more than guys like Cyril, Elliott and Michael Walters too.

I just made that point on the main board in response to people like french fri, Dickson is very underrated.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same defense we have used in previous weeks and playing a forward line of Hooker Carlisle and Daniher. That would really stretch the Doggies backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the best side you guys have been able to pick this year? Jobe aside, looks very strong.
Hmm not too far off. Early in the year I would have said we have 7-8 of our best 22 out this week. Looking at it with an eye on the future guys like Winders, Chapman, Fletcher IMO won't play on next year. So in reality we're probably TBC, Myers, Hocking, Colyer, Watson, Dempsey (fringe) away from our best.

So they're going in with the tiny defence game plan again. Just isolate whoever Talia is on one-out in the square with maybe a small there too.

It's a forced situation. Not ideal. It worked last week barely. Think it might bite us in the arse this week.

I'd like to see Carlisle back with Hurley. hope they line up something like;-

Gwilt Carlisle Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Goddard
Stanton Heppell Browne
Zakka Laverde Melksham
Hooker Daniher Langford

Giles O'Brien Z.Merrett

INT: Gleeson J.Merrett Steinberg
SUB: Cooney

Is this the best side you guys have been able to pick this year? Jobe aside, looks very strong.

The players coming back might be underdone, however.

I'd like to see Carlisle back with Hurley. hope they line up something like;-

Gwilt Carlisle Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Goddard
Stanton Heppell Browne
Zakka Laverde Melksham
Hooker Daniher Langford

Giles O'Brien Z.Merrett

INT: Gleeson J.Merrett Steinberg
SUB: Cooney
Drop Steinberg and add Edwards and if be happy. Dogs don't do talls but will run all day, need extra pace and run to go with them

Hi guys i was splendouring on the weekend and missed the game so i have only really seen all the goals we kicked, could somebody give me a bit of analysis with some depth on the games of Lav, Lang, Obrien, Brown, Z.Merret
I will like your post. :D

Hi guys i was splendouring on the weekend and missed the game so i have only really seen all the goals we kicked, could somebody give me a bit of analysis with some depth on the games of Lav, Lang, Obrien, Brown, Z.Merret
I will like your post. :D
Good, Good, Lot of it but didn't do much in my book, Good, Good.

Enough depth?

There's a little bit of rope-a-dope about beverdiges structure. He's inviting teams to go big and beat us in the air. High on risk clearly, but obviously he sees it as our best chance.

Agreed, very hawthorn like.
I remember 4-5 years ago, the hawks went in against us with a similar structure with their tallest player in defense being josh gibson.
They still pumped us by 60 odd despite Paddy Ryder playing in the goal square.
Quite simply, we just couldn't get the ball through their press meaningfully.
Will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back