Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to your well-reasoned and factual post getting completely disregarded via a flippant, disingenuous one-liner.
Sadly that is how it goes here. Some people (on both sides) are more interested in the one-liner, the zinger, the cheap shot, the put down, the flame, the troll, the claim to moral superiority in all things etc etc.

That's not what I said. I said, for the most part, it's less obvious. And where did I say anything about easier or tougher life exactly?

I stated in an earlier post that his life is no tougher than anyone elses. You had a go at me for questioning that as a white person to an indigenous person.

If I cbf id post the running convo as its clearly convenient for you to forget what you post.

I stated in an earlier post that his life is no tougher than anyone elses. You had a go at me for questioning that as a white person to an indigenous person.

If I cbf id post the running convo as its clearly convenient for you to forget what you post.
I don't think he's life is tougher due to his racial background.

However, his life is tougher than many others as he is an elite athlete trying to maintain top physique lol.

What about when we boo umpires like Razor Ray....Surely no hint of tall-poppy there?;)
Razor Ray is a God! Martian Head Office is working on a range of Razor Ray toys, fashion clothing and eyewear to be released in the Spring to coincide with your Football Climax Month. You want I should place an advance order for you? (Personally I warn you not to get the Match Day model - it runs around flapping its arms, making too much noise and uses too many batteries.) :oops:

Sadly that is how it goes here. Some people (on both sides) are more interested in the one-liner, the zinger, the cheap shot, the put down, the flame, the troll, the claim to moral superiority in all things etc etc.

There's alot to be said for one-up-man-ship....Especially when it's done right....Stops posters from taking themselves too seriously& is a good leveler...It also provides a good test for humor, or a lack thereof.:cool:....The sound argument will still stay it's course, once the chuckling has subsided.;)

Yes I did. And I outlined my reasons why. You've then twisted that into something else.

There's alot to be said for one-up-man-ship....Especially when it's done right....Stops posters from taking themselves too seriously& is a good leveler...It also provides a good test for humor, or a lack thereof.:cool:....The sound argument will still stay it's course, once the chuckling has subsided.;)
Being a Hawk's supporter I know you are laughing with me and not at me as a Martian and a Cat's supporter. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the flogs who say s**t like, "Well I've been called a white campaigner before, you don't see me complaining about it." Classic false equivalence. The aboriginals are affected by far more than just name calling for ****s sake. 99% of people with power in this country are white.
And 98% of the people who have NO power are also white.

And 98% of the people who have NO power are also white.
Exactly. Different socio-economic segments of nations get played off against each other all the time. The time honoured "Divide and Rule". People really need to educate themselves more, but then unless they do it themselves don't expect formal primary, secondary or tertiary education to do it. They are part of the problem, not the solution.

So over this. The sooner Goodes retires the better then we can all get back to playing footy and not worry about this s**t.
and this es exactly why he is getting booed, the media think its racist because people are booing the fact that he stands up against racism, but i think it is because its becoming too much and tiring. imagine a white guy playing in a league where 90 percent of the players and spectators at the ground were indigenous and every second weekend you hear about him complaining about racism, they too would be like 'oh this guy again', we get it you were racially vilified, move on.

A Collingwood supporter calls Adam Goodes an ape, hullaballoo ensues, the Collingwood president suggests that he be used to promote King Kong?

I'd have thought it obvious.
hmmmmmm
timeline.
13 year old girl is publicised for "ape" call. Issue is public. Forefront of all headlines. Should a 13 year old girl know ape is a racist term? Much social commentary ensues. Many voices, including Eddies proclaiming we all learn from this.
Nearly a week later Eddie delivers king kong gaffe?
I dont think thats obvious at all.
Thats one hell of a mother of a gaffe that you cant even adequately explain.
Some might say it may even be more than a simple gaffe.:eek:
But who knows.
Its old news now:thumbsdown:

Can you explain to me how he has been a 'self involved afl player'? I am genuinely interested to know what this means

eg like when he didn't want to be the sub earlier this year. the coach named him as the sub. he decides 'no i don't want that, i'd rather be dropped' and the coach did it. can you imagine if a young player did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back