List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than, or as well as Witts, I'd be looking to trade Brown or Frost. Their good defenders, but I don't reckon both your key backs can be useless with the ball.

Have to keep Brown imo, very underrated on this board. He takes the "Gorilla" opponents and barely loses a 1on1. This could be the best year he's had too.
Couldn't care less if we traded Frost though, not really a fan. We need a good rebounding CHB, wouldn't mind Henderson. Carlisle would suit as well but we just can't take a risk with him when he could possibly get suspended.

Have to keep Brown imo, very underrated on this board. He takes the "Gorilla" opponents and barely loses a 1on1. This could be the best year he's had too.

I agree that Brown is a good one on one defender who is having his best year, but other than Hawkins, what gorilla is he necessary to play against. The most dangerous forwards at the moment tend to be the agile types. We don't need a player just for Hawkins, as Geelong aren't likely to be particularly relevant over the next few years.

We can't continue with a backline with terrible skills and decision making. With the ball in hand, Brown is the worst decision maker in the team. You could afford to play him by himself if those around him were solid, but he's surrounded by Frost, Toovey and Goldsack ( whose kicking is ok, but makes terrible decisions) and a raft of promising youngsters who appear to have good skills but are going to make regular mistakes while they gain experience. I'd trade him, as I think we'd get a good return and hope like hell that Reid can get fit. Even if Reid doesn't get fit, go with Marsh. Even if he is a turnover merchant, it sounds like he is improving in this regard - Brown isn't and isn't capable of any kick other than a sky ball.

Brown has had a fine year, I wouldn't be trading him away. I also don't see him as the "worst decision maker in the team" but each to their own.
Having said that I also like the way Marsh is going, looks the goods, would love to see his efforts rewarded with a few senior games this year.

Going by a Derek Hine interview there is no way known not in a million years we would go for Vickery so please stop making other posters anxious at the pure thought of the idea of recruiting Vickery thanks. It would not happen in a million years even if you think it's a good idea so please don't suggest it again.

Cheers mate. :thumbsu:
If people get anxious at the thought of recruiting Vickery, I cant imagine what they go through when Jesse White plays for us. He is streets ahead of white, a much more complete footballer, and if used correctly, could be an asset to a football side.

Ill suggest who ever I want to suggest, and wont let you let you tell me who to suggest or not.

No, that would be moronic, we'd be pretty much just giving Witts away for a misely few spots in the draft. Oxley would be about right for a pick swap 8 to 4 actually not even that... You can have gentleman agreements these days...

Geez we overrate ordinary players.

The only first round pick Witts would be getting us, is a very late one. Even then personally I reckon that's dependant on a club buying into this whole 'potential' pipe dream.

Some fans think for some unsubstantiated reason that he becomes the next Sandilands or better.

Ultimately you can't prove or disprove something that hasn't happened yet, however past performance is the best indicator of future performance.

There has been very little, to almost nothing, in Witts' past performance to say he has anything in common with Sandilands, other than being ridiculously tall.

So if we end up 12th does that mean we get pick 7 or are there priority picks?

And if we have pick 7 and find another way to get Treloar ie: Witts and 1st round 2016

Do we take best available or go for Weideman who is tipped to go late teens?

Umm, sorry - why would we go for Weidemann if there are many footballers who are tipped to be better...? I don't quite understand...

Umm, sorry - why would we go for Weidemann if there are many footballers who are tipped to be better...? I don't quite understand...
If we ended up with a pick in the top 10 I'd be inclined to go for McKay. If we ended up with something between 13-18 after the trade period I'd be hoping to snag Weidemann.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vickery is better than White but that doesn't mean he is not a dud.

Getting rid of White for Vickery if Vickery comes cheap is something I would want us to look at but if we have to give up like a second round pick for him then no chance in hell.

Since Dawes left we have tried with Lynch and now White and it has been a massive failure. We have Moore coming through and he will be the key forward with Cloke in years to come, so it doesn't really matter if we have White or Vickery.

As for the Treloar trade I have been thinking and I think this could just about do the deal. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and Witts to GWS for Treloar and their 3rd round pick.

We then use our third round pick, Kennedy and Seedsman to Carlton for Yarran and their second round pick.

If we trade Witts, we need to replace him with someone who is about 200cm tall who can play as our 3rd tall forward, kick 25 goals a season in 25 games and have about 10 hitouts a game.
Doesn't need to be ruckman sized, just a big body to compete at ruck contests around the ground, basically what Leigh Brown was, even White is decent enough in the ruck, just useless everywhere else. I think with Grundy as our number one and White and Moore giving him a chop out (Moore will be fine to take a few contests by next year) will be enough, Cox should be able to cover for Grundy at a stretch but we would really need another back up number one ruck in case Grundy goes down with a LTI. I'm all for offloading Witts for the right deal but we would need to pick up another ruck, ideally one who could possibly compete for a spot with White, Jonathan Giles seems pretty out of favour at Essendon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting rid of White for Vickery if Vickery comes cheap is something I would want us to look at but if we have to give up like a second round pick for him then no chance in hell.

Since Dawes left we have tried with Lynch and now White and it has been a massive failure. We have Moore coming through and he will be the key forward with Cloke in years to come, so it doesn't really matter if we have White or Vickery.

As for the Treloar trade I have been thinking and I think this could just about do the deal. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and Witts to GWS for Treloar and their 3rd round pick.

We then use our third round pick, Kennedy and Seedsman to Carlton for Yarran and their second round pick.
That would be way overs. If you compare to the Beams deal and take in to account Witts' trade value vs Crisp's trade value at the time, you're looking at a huge chunk of trade currency. Witts is no steak knives player, he's a genuine first ruck that would be easily best 22 at a lot of clubs.

Our first round, brown and Seedsman for
Treolar and McCarthy.

This will fill their need of KPD. They've struggled this year ever since Davis went down. Seedsman for an extra bit of run and carry.

Treolar is the "cheaper danger".

"Another strong performance from Jon Patton has the potential to push the key forward ahead of teammate Cam McCarthy in the race to earn senior selection after the Giants' 92-point win against Eastlake."
McCarthy won't get a game for the rest of the season, especially if Patton returns.

Treolar and McCarthy.

This will fill their need of KPD. They've struggled this year ever since Davis went down. Seedsman for an extra bit of run and carry.

Treolar is the "cheaper danger".

"Another strong performance from Jon Patton has the potential to push the key forward ahead of teammate Cam McCarthy in the race to earn senior selection after the Giants' 92-point win against Eastlake."
McCarthy won't get a game for the rest of the season, especially if Patton returns.

They wouldn't want either of Brown or particularly Seedsman. They're having to cut players they'd like to retain as it is.

Treolar and McCarthy.
Would need to be more like 1st round 2015, 1st round 2016 and sell off a quality kid like Broomhead for another 1st round

If they trade for players they can't have Academy kids, so they are only accepting picks

I be Tempted to give away a 2nd Rounder for Vickery.

I remember people saying Varcoe was a Hack last year and Now he could quite Easily the Copeland Trophy.

We need someone to play alongside Moore and Gault and White is not it

I remember people saying Varcoe was a Hack last year and Now he could quite Easily the Copeland Trophy.

A second rounder for Vickery is ludicrous. He's played 9 games this year for 13 goals and less than 50 hitouts.

He is a dead set s**t truck. If we recruit him we're just recruiting another whipping boy to go alongside White.

Recent tall forwards we have recruited. give me no confidence whatsoever.

you are either
A. go out and get a proven big man
B. find one in the draft

you dont get one and HOPE they become IT because that's just setting them up for failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back