Round 18 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
939/10 Struggling thanks to Beams & McDonald. I've got Steven (C), Armitage, Newnes, Gray, Ebert & Broadbent in the next game, here's hoping it is DT friendly
93.9 avg per player

Hardly struggling, Steven and a few others go off then you'll easily get 2300

Colquhoun sub

giphy.gif

Welcome to my team next week Matt Scharenberg or Tom Fields :mad:

**** you Ken, Breakeven of 17 but his cash generation is gone with the 56 in his BE also

And don't you dare get injured either Boak or Gray :(

So Yeo will fall to about 471-472k after he missed his BE by 15-20

Maynard will be about 220-225k after this week with probably a negative BE, Neal-Bullen 205-210k with a gettable BE but won't rise that much with the sub effected score the week before and Kade Simpson will likely be in doubt with hamstring tightness next week................

Maynard is my only chance getting Yeo the next week probably if Colquhoun gets a typical sub score of 20-40 today

Green vests 2 weeks in a row now #FMDT

So Yeo will fall to about 471-472k after he missed his BE by 15-20

Maynard will be about 220-225k after this week with probably a negative BE, Neal-Bullen 205-210k with a gettable BE but won't rise that much with the sub effected score the week before and Kade Simpson will likely be in doubt with hamstring tightness next week................

Maynard is my only chance getting Yeo the next week probably if Colquhoun gets a typical sub score of 20-40 today

Green vests 2 weeks in a row now #FMDT
Don't forget that next week is Yeo's good week. Lock in a ton!

2200 with Neale and Steele to go. Haven't been watching the game but looks like Steele is on, might get close to 2300 now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should probably focus on playing finals footy first! :p
Yeah I'm screwed, my defence will s**t itself like normal so Butler will probably roll me. Motown is playing our resident ghost ship so he'll probably get 8th

Not fussed, been a s**t year for injuries and stuff, I'm starting to come good in SC as of late after a horrible month before the byes killed my season, rising up the rankings due to everyone blowing trades on Gazza then he goes down.

Might just spend all my salary cap next season on my defence and rucks so I don't need to touch it for weeks, those areas have killed my scoring potential in DT this year.

Yeah I'm screwed, my defence will s**t itself like normal so Butler will probably roll me. Motown is playing our resident ghost ship so he'll probably get 8th

Not fussed, been a s**t year for injuries and stuff, I'm starting to come good in SC as of late after a horrible month before the byes killed my season, rising up the rankings due to everyone blowing trades on Gazza then he goes down.

Might just spend all my salary cap next season on my defence and rucks so I don't need to touch it for weeks, those areas have killed my scoring potential in DT this year.
You've done very well to be sitting 273 overall. My big question though is how you ended up with premos on your mid and forward bench with an incomplete/lacklustre backline?

You've done very well to be sitting 273 overall. My big question though is how you ended up with premos on your mid and forward bench with an incomplete/lacklustre backline?
Twas a punt I took when I had money to upgrade about 4-5 weeks ago as I missed out on getting a bottomed out Hodge by like 12k and Shaw was like 1k more than Hodge at that time, thought Colquhoun would average 70 and be either bench cover or the last proper cow to try and get a super in who I didn't have. But I would've had a donut the week I traded in Colquhoun for Dan McKenzie (no cash generation there for weeks) if I didn't make that move. Elliott Kavanagh was dropped so I dumped him for Sidebottom the next week, Amon has barely played also but I still have him, the midfield rookies have been poor this year, there was only one proper lot of them at the start of the year and that was it (unless you were a Nick O'Brien owner which I doubt no one picked), at least down back and up forward there have been a few waves of rookies in those positions helping cash generation/bench cover. I played the cash generation game and failed with my attempts to upgrade due to rookies getting dropped or getting injured (McLean) effecting their cash generation.

So I chose between Sidebottom and Colquhoun/Maynard at M8/D6 or Wallis/Yeo at M8/D6, the last couple of weeks Sidebottom and Colquhoun/Maynard have outscored Yeo/Wallis or gone close enough. Problem was Colquhoun was dropped the week after I got him so I had to play Maynard twice, so Colquhoun's cash generation was obviously delayed.

I wouldn't say my backline is lacklusture by choice though, Hibberd and Newnes were awful starting players who have underperformed, expected 90 avgs out of them while Higgins has outperformed them who was originally planned as my D6/7 not my D1, but it would be a waste of trades to get rid of them as they're still top 15-20 defenders, my trades have gone elsewhere to fix problems like poor starting rucks in Leuenberger and Bellend, while Griffen was a Giant Waste of Space. Rory Laird has been my best defender trade in (89.5 avg since I trade him in) and Kade Simpson has been ok. Hodge, Picken and Shaw are too expensive and have held their value too well to find the money to upgrade. I've also been surprised with Shaw's and Hodge's durability this year which is why I didn't start with them in the first place as it was historically poor.

I also had an issue early in the year with Bartel, Bont and Gray all missing with 1 week injuries in the forward line and I thought having cover there would be ideal due to the seemingly high risk nature of that position (surprised Swannie hasn't been rested yet too). Getting in a bottomed out Motlop at 433k helped during the bye rounds. Fyfe was out last week so I figured Wallis would be best utilised as that emergency mid as he's only scoring 80-95s these days, but it's much better output than a rookie who may be a sub risk (Steele owners :p:cool:).

So for this weeks version of Colquhoun upgrade watch, I can upgrade Sammy to Grant Birchall at 433k (I have 435k) or a horribly out of form Sam Docherty. Birchall's output is similar to Hibberd's so I think I'll pass this week on my options, next week Enright might be available and same with Yeo, Houli, Gibson, Kolodjashnij etc, I'll probably pull the trigger on one of these 84-88 avg guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back