No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you keep your ketchup in the cupboard or fridge?

I'm not thinking of AmericanCrow I was as confused as hell when I went to America so some payback is fine. I mean fancy ordering lemonade and getting cordial. And I needed more than a cordial to figure out where the main meals were on the menu whilst wondering why they had a s**t load of entrees. Not to mention the major communication breakdown which ended with me just pointing and saying "that one there" (confusing the lady even more, who didn't know where i was pointing) when I wanted capsicum on my subway roll.
Try ordering takeaway and they look at you like you're from another planet and it's not until you say takeout that they have a clue what's going on :)

Do you keep your ketchup in the cupboard or fridge?

I'm not thinking of AmericanCrow I was as confused as hell when I went to America so some payback is fine. I mean fancy ordering lemonade and getting cordial. And I needed more than a cordial to figure out where the main meals were on the menu whilst wondering why they had a s**t load of entrees. Not to mention the major communication breakdown which ended with me just pointing and saying "that one there" (confusing the lady even more, who didn't know where i was pointing) when I wanted capsicum on my subway roll.

I have had to explain in both the UK and the US how to make a lemon lime and bitters and I kept making the mistake of saying lemonade and then confusing the poor bartender when I corrected myself. Done the capsicum thing in the US as well and was laughed at but my American friend for the silly name we call peppers.

Also I have learned on this trip that the further north you get in Europe they really, really don't like their soft drinks to be cold at all. Almost room temperature is their preference :p Some people are really weird.

Edit: About to go to sleep after a long day braving the hoards of people who want to take selfies of themselves in front of works of art instead of actually looking at the works of art. :rolleyes: Did laugh at a lot of idiots in front of the Mona Lisa and then I took photos of them taking photos. Does that make me as bad as them? Third time I've seen the old girl though. She's holding up pretty well and still kinda smiling.
I would very much like some good news when I wake up (but I kinda doubt that it will happen)

I was going to like your post and then I saw the cupboard comment.
7069.gif

You're right. I should go back and 'unlike'

There's usually rumblings before an announcement and there's been nothing so no. I think you'll find that this is going all the way to the end of the year which in all likelihood means he's gone.

Yeah he was on AA this morning and nothing was mentioned at all, not even the slightest hint so I am convinced that nothing will be happening this week.

It's been a bit of a rollercoast ride so far, I've gone from being 100% convinced he was gone, to then buying into re-signing rumblings and feeling confident that he was staying, but now I am starting to lean again towards him being gone.

Yeah he was on AA this morning and nothing was mentioned at all, not even the slightest hint so I am convinced that nothing will be happening this week.

It's been a bit of a rollercoast ride so far, I've gone from being 100% convinced he was gone, to then buying into re-signing rumblings and feeling confident that he was staying, but now I am starting to lean again towards him being gone.

Hold the faith relapse, he's staying :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shared an elevator with Danger and a dozen other players at the airport. Just me and all them.

Walking up and stepping in, I boldly decided to get an answer from him then and there, right in front of his peers. "Enough's enough, you're killing us over here" I would say. It was my moment to make a line in the sand for frustrated supporters everywhere.

Then I stood right next to him and quickly decided it was best not get on the bad side of a guy as physically intimidating as P.Dangerfield, in a lift full of his physically intimidating mates. Was intimidating.

All that come out was a head nod and a "morning lads".

I blew it, sorry guys.

Shared an elevator with Danger and a dozen other players at the airport. Just me and all them.

Walking up and stepping in, I boldly decided to get an answer from him then and there, right in front of his peers. "Enough's enough, you're killing us over here" I would say. It was my moment to make a line in the sand for frustrated supporters everywhere.

Then I stood right next to him and quickly decided it was best not get on the bad side of a guy as physically intimidating as P.Dangerfield, in a lift full of his physically intimidating mates. Was intimidating.

I blew it, sorry guys.
that is literally the coolest story i've ever heard!!

I just can't see him leaving, mainly due to two words:

Unfinished business

Is Dange the sort of guy to chase $$$?
Run home to family?
Leave his mates after the worst most tragic season any AFL team has ever had to endure?
No, no he is not.

Yes he loves attention
Yes he dropped that slightly floggish "hobby" comment
But all the signs over 8yrs have indicated he's a quality person who loves the AFC and his mates and wants to leave a legacy in the game...
And you don't leave a legacy by chasing dollars or running home...
You build a legacy with guys like Tex and Sloaney, dragging this club from the absolute crud of the last three years and putting your all on the field every god-damn week until you all reach the pinnacle together

He's not going anywhere kids

that is literally the coolest story i've ever heard!!
On reflection it was cool, and if I wasn't so hung over at the time, I probably could've put my fan-girl pants on and asked for a group selfie or something. In all seriousness, I'd challenge anyone to casually act natural in that situation and not feel slightly awkward.

I can happily say g'day to one or two players if I see them out and about, but a lift full of AFC's including Tex, Danger, JJ, Betts & Jetts, Sauce... yeah nah, I'll be trying not to embarrass myself by rudely breathing in too much of the oxygen in the area.

Boy do they get harrassed at airports though. Took them about 10x longer to get in and get sorted.

I blew it, sorry guys.
literally??

Pretty much my thoughts. Seems inevitable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back