2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete all text before the word "dest="
Find "heraldsun" (or adelaidenow, or couriermail) Replace "news".

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...mission-chairman/story-e6frfkp9-1227470080663

Sorry, I was on my phone and couldn't easily copy/paste/delete etc.

Thanks Bacon8 difficult to do on the phone at stoplights. Cheers Mattrox for the article.

Right, how many draft picks will we lose because of this?

In all seriousness, we've long "joked" that the AFL are corrupt etc., but here's some fantastic insight to the inner workings.

I sincerely hope the Crows pick up the phone and call their lawyers - I'd like some picks back please, and some cash for our pain and suffering.

So Schulz is Freo's latest forward recruit now. Gonna be awfully tall down there with Dixon, Leuenberger and now Schulz. Don't see how they get him on a 2 year deal though.

Leuenberger is also going to the Cats
Dixon to Brisbane

The AFL working things for their own ends isn't a shock at all.

Melbourne is prime example. They tanked. Plain and simple. But we can't take their draft picks because they're already ****ed so lets find them not guilty. But just so it seems like we're not utterly incompetent, lets fine them (and never make them pay) and make the head coach the scapegoat. What's that? He's at Adelaide now? Oh well.

The whole ASADA/Essendon thing was shambles upon farce because the AFL wouldn't keep their noses out of it. The rug they had wasn't big enough and the game still has this cloud over it.

They HAD to whack us because why the * not?

It was the perfect storm for GC with the Ablett/Bomber tension. But their other lovechild needed a star. Let's break our own ******* rules. Oops, backfired. Let's ban Sydney because why not?

FFS.

Fitzpatrick, and more probably, have to go. AFL leadership needs a significant overhaul. Just a ******* mess.
Been less than impressed with Gill as well I must say.

Say what you want about Vlad, but he at least acted like he had a spine. Gil? Eh.

So Schulz is Freo's latest forward recruit now. Gonna be awfully tall down there with Dixon, Leuenberger and now Schulz. Don't see how they get him on a 2 year deal though.

Surely Freo aren't this desperate? Schulz has been borderline shithouse this year and will be 31 next season. He's done.

I feel with Gill is he just wants to make everyone happy. By doing that he actually makes no one happy at all.

Vlad took some risks developing the game elsewhere, could turn out to be a disaster, but could also turn out to be very important to the future of the game. He was corrupt in some ways but at least you felt as though he did know what he was doing.

Gill seems to be making it up as he goes along.

Only early days though but just how I feel right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Freo aren't this desperate? Schulz has been borderline shithouse this year and will be 31 next season. He's done.

Agreed...not sure why anyone would bother with him. An OK forward with a very good kick. If he loses some of that he'll be done for.
If he moves to another club there will be more pressure on his kick and therefore may not kick as well as he does do now.

Freo have bombed out on recruiting any forward, bar the one they got from Essendon who was so stuffed they didn't care he left. Lyon is coaching, so he'll want the list topped up constantly so they can stay competitive and have another crack at the Premiership.

Freo have bombed out on recruiting any forward, bar the one they got from Essendon who was so stuffed they didn't care he left. Lyon is coaching, so he'll want the list topped up constantly so they can stay competitive and have another crack at the Premiership.

It's nearly the Fremantle Nursing Home at the minute - they might be top, but it could all end in tears and quickly - then Ross the Boss will have to jet off to another club, and Freo will have to pick up the pieces.

It's nearly the Fremantle Nursing Home at the minute - they might be top, but it could all end in tears and quickly - then Ross the Boss will have to jet off to another club, and Freo will have to pick up the pieces.

This is why getting Ross Lyon as coach should never be considered.

I feel with Gill is he just wants to make everyone happy. By doing that he actually makes no one happy at all.

Vlad took some risks developing the game elsewhere, could turn out to be a disaster, but could also turn out to be very important to the future of the game. He was corrupt in some ways but at least you felt as though he did know what he was doing.

Gill seems to be making it up as he goes along.

Only early days though but just how I feel right now.

Don't talk up the 'accomplishments' of VLAD. He's a ********.

Jay Schulz isn't a free agent, and port may be able to get a late first round pick out of freo for him, which would be a big win for them to have 2 first round picks in the next draft. It would solve their salary cap issues and get a quality young player into their side. They should be low balling Jay Schulz to make sure he asks to leave.

Their forward line would be rather limp without him though.

Jay Schulz isn't a free agent, and port may be able to get a late first round pick out of freo for him, which would be a big win for them to have 2 first round picks in the next draft. It would solve their salary cap issues and get a quality young player into their side. They should be low balling Jay Schulz to make sure he asks to leave.

They aren't getting a first rounder for a 31 year old medium forward.

Lyon is all about winning now and be damned with the consequences.

Pavlich is finished, so Schulz for 2 years probably keeps them a chance of a flag. Long term he will leave behind a mess, but that's the cost for his style of winning.

They seem confident on a few of the talls they drafted last year will turn out to be decent, but who knows. They could probably survive next year with Ryder and Westhoff down there as their two bigs.

They aren't getting a first rounder for a 31 year old medium forward.

they get what freo are willing to pay, with PAV likely to retire, Freo have no forward line but the rest of their list is prime for a premiership, they would give up a first pick if it kept them in premiership contention, especially when it's likely to be about pick 18 or 19.

This is why getting Ross Lyon as coach should never be considered.
I'd take him for next year.
I hate watching opposition teams play under him.. but I'm sure he'd whip our guys into shape in a manner we enjoy seeing them consistently performing.
With our group he'd have a good 5 years with them to achieve something.
I just hope it wouldn't kill the joy of watching my team play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back