Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Not for a first offence, but I wouldn't be against it for repeat offenders.

Hmmmmm..... Thats a slippery slope.

Player one - Drunk Drives - kills a child in an accident. Gets 2 years in jail

Player two - Gets caught at an RBT three years apart. .08 and .09. No accident.

Player two banned for life. Player one free to play?

Its why - if you are legally allowed to be free in society you should be able to work/play football.

Hmmmmm..... Thats a slippery slope.

Player one - Drunk Drives - kills a child in an accident. Gets 2 years in jail

Player two - Gets caught at an RBT three years apart. .08 and .09. No accident.

Player two banned for life. Player one free to play?

Its why - if you are legally allowed to be free in society you should be able to work/play football.
One is vehicular manslaughter, not just DUI. Not exactly a fair comparison.

... and yes, I'd ban the player with .08 & .09 for life.

I'd also ban any player convicted of a crime, for which they are sentenced to more than a year in prison.

As has been pointed out, many people have lost their jobs because of DUI convictions. The AFL would not be Robinson Crusoe if they adopted this policy. Another reason for doing so is their sponsorship by the TAC.

I am 100% the opposite.

Playing AFL is 100% about talent. If you are deemed to be fit for society - you should be allowed to play footy.

The biggest mistake people make is comparing a footy club to a corporation.

Yes and No. The biggest mistake is people thinking everyone likes each other at football clubs.Like any corporation you have all kinds of relationships.

Even with a guy like Sloaney, there would be few players happy to see him go for one reason or another.

What I don't get with Carr as the Hinkley successor is that surely Carr is part of the problem? He did a 3 year stint under Hinkley and now into his second year of a second stint.

Freo didn't appear to really rate him, his time at North in the SANFL was okay. He won a premiership but there was a lot of luck in that flag and his home and away record wasn't great.

While I don't think he would be actively doing a bad job at Port, he wouldn't be human if he didn't wake up this morning with a least small part of him being excited by being a step closer to taking over as Senior Coach.

One is vehicular manslaughter, not just DUI. Not exactly a fair comparison.

... and yes, I'd ban the player with .08 & .09 for life.

I'd also ban any player convicted of a crime, for which they are sentenced to more than a year in prison.

As has been pointed out, many people have lost their jobs because of DUI convictions. The AFL would not be Robinson Crusoe if they adopted this policy. Another reason for doing so is their sponsorship by the TAC.

I dont know why thats relevant though. Very few are paid to kick a footy around an oval.

I disagree with your overall stance though. For me if you are legally allowed to be free and work - you should be able to play footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe all the Port fans who think their list is amazing and Ken is the only problem they have.

They have a half dozen really good A+ players, and the rest fall off to being C+ battlers.
They have an elite midfield, that is it. They do not have a forwardline that is ever going to compete with the best for a flag. The last elite key forward they had was Tredrea.

I can't believe all the Port fans who think their list is amazing and Ken is the only problem they have.

They have a half dozen really good A+ players, and the rest fall off to being C+ battlers.
Apparently there was an segment between Kornes and King where Kornes twisted himself up in knots trying to claim the list was no good, despite also claiming they were the side anyone would love to coach. Maybe on SEN.

Apparently there was an segment between Kornes and King where Kornes twisted himself up in knots trying to claim the list was no good, despite also claiming they were the side anyone would love to coach. Maybe on SEN.
I swear that was today, Kornes was eating humble pie this morning.

This. It's from this morning. The mental gymnastics from Kane are stunning. Says their list is no good. All to defend his little mate Ken Hinkley. A side that was top 4 last year and recruited missing pieces over the off-season are now no good. After being beaten last night by a side that Kane said was the worst list he has ever seen at AFL level just what, 2 years ago.

Heard that, glorious.

Just saw Port don't have a first round pick for this year. Where did that go?

Apart from JHF they really haven't brought much talent in the last 3-4 years. They've got very little in their SANFL side to get excited about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back