No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've noticed in this very up and down thread, the troughs are typically a result of some media rumour or a poster claiming a source. The peaks are normally a result of Dangers actions. The sorts of things he retweets, the smiles, the body language etc. Also things other players have done or said (see Smith and VB joking about the contract).

Which is more reliable? I think the latter. Food for thought.

From what I've noticed in this very up and down thread, the troughs are typically a result of some media rumour or a poster claiming a source. The peaks are normally a result of Dangers actions. The sorts of things he retweets, the smiles, the body language etc. Also things other players have done or said (see Smith and VB joking about the contract).

Which is more reliable? I think the latter. Food for thought.

Agree and Disagree, its a combination, the combo being most of us having the temptation to go on over to the Geelong board to read what they have to say, majority reckon they have him sign, sealed and delivered. I really hope he stays and if he resigns with the crows, it will be glorious to watch the bombshell hit, specifically manboobs tears, such a flog sits on bigfooty 24/7 posting gifs about our melts when danger signs with geelong, even if he does go to geelong, they are gonna need alot more than him to be a flag contender, that was signed sealed and delivered in geelongs performance tonight.

David King two weeks ago: Danger will be at Geelong.

Just now: Danger might look at this Geelong squad and say "Why move?"

Gerard Healy: "He may not move"

Brown: "Patrick would be looking at this Geelong team and asking questions"

Here it comes.

He's a fool if he goes to Geelong especially if he wants success.

Geelong are the consummate middle of the road Vic club that's spent the last 8 years massively punching above it's weight due to a once in a generation group of talent. They haven't been a contender since they won the 2011 flag and have gradually started their fall, in fact the last few years have reminded me a lot of the 2007-2009 Neil Craig era. I think a lot of Geelong supporters seem to have an over inflated sense of worth about their side, but there is no quick fixes for that club and they are about to return to their normal pre-2007 existence.

They were out there tonight with 7 players over 30 and currently have 10 players 30 and older on their list. Pretty much their whole backline is on the verge of retirement and when you factor in that Mitch Clarke has been a dud and Hawkins looks absolutely cooked they don't appear to have the key position forward stocks now either.

I think this year is the start of 3-5 year stint of Geelong finishing 9th or lower. There is no way that Dangerfield who will be 26 next season will be winning a flag at Geelong.

Last edited:

All circles back to this simple truth in the end....he leaves we will be just fine (sure it hurts). As we have seen with Campo--sometimes people step up their game when given the opportunity. I have to believe that Rory will be a year better and ready for a larger role and someone else will be dying to show they can step into the void.

I honestly am not worried if he leaves or if he stays. I understand the tug of home, as we all do. But I do expect the club to extract a cost from whatever club he runs off to, if indeed he runs off.

Reading Jono Browns book, it is interesting to read about him being heavily linked to Collingwood in 2006. Basically said it was his manager going out and getting offers from clubs, including the Collingwood one and he didn't even know the full details of them.

Who told you? Not asking for a name, but what is their connection?
Not close to Geelong. But does come in contact with people in Melbourne. Not quite the alleged high level contacts as old mate Webster has is Sydney, but high enough.

But you know what Chinese Whispers does. It could be "purple monkey dishwasher" by the time it got to me.

More backtracking last night I see...

Can't wait to hear what JayZ has to say about it today. The man who gave us:

"Gone. Done deal. Locked in. Will happen."
"So gone?"
"Probably."

Reading Jono Browns book, it is interesting to read about him being heavily linked to Collingwood in 2006. Basically said it was his manager going out and getting offers from clubs, including the Collingwood one and he didn't even know the full details of them.

EDIT. I'm an idiot and can't read/comprehend. carry on.

this makes no sense? so you're saying (or brown is) that more than a year before he was drafted he was getting shopped around for a move many years in the future when he decides to leave the club that would draft him? did he even have a manager at age 16?

Last edited:
i
this makes no sense? so you're saying (or brown is) that more than a year before he was drafted he was getting shopped around for a move many years in the future when he decides to leave the club that would draft him? did he even have a manager at age 16?
i dont think brown was 16 in 2006

Well a managers job is to get the best market value deal for his client as possible and overs is a bonus. I dont have a problem with it.

Well a managers job is to get the best market value deal for his client as possible and overs is a bonus. I dont have a problem with it.
The point being that Brown didn't know what his manager was doing behind the scenes.

All circles back to this simple truth in the end....he leaves we will be just fine (sure it hurts). As we have seen with Campo--sometimes people step up their game when given the opportunity. I have to believe that Rory will be a year better and ready for a larger role and someone else will be dying to show they can step into the void.

I honestly am not worried if he leaves or if he stays. I understand the tug of home, as we all do. But I do expect the club to extract a cost from whatever club he runs off to, if indeed he runs off.

No doubt that Danger is strong family man however I am also confident that their is no pressure from Danger's family to return to Victoria

At the end of the day I still believe that Danger's decision will be a football decision based on best opportunity for future team success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt that Danger is strong family man however I am also confident that their is no pressure from Danger's family to return to Victoria

At the end of the day I still believe that Danger's decision will be a football decision based on best opportunity for future team success
Well, if you're correct then there is a pretty obvious decision to be made. No-brainer.

It's the managers job to create a stalking horse or two to maximise his clients earnings.

There are two possible scenarios at play:
a) Danger and his manager have devised a strategy to let the negotiation play out to the end of the year to maximise his value. Using time pressure as the negotiating tool (a standard negotiating tactic). Having rumours linking you to other clubs, getting offers in etc is all part of ensuring Adelaide come to the table
B) Danger is a momma' boy and wants to go home

No idea why you would want to leave this club at this point.

There is no one from our best 22 that is going to retire next year. Many of our best are either in or entering their prime.

Then we have young guns like CC, Bob, CEY, Brad C, Laird, Knight, Lever, Rat - all with great attitudes. No dickheads who you think - yeah good player, but geez... In fact all of them make the older players want to play better - and they sure as heck bring in the joy of the game.

The culture of this club is astonishing. After the events of this year they could have taken it easy and said "why us", put up the white flag, and to be honest, not many would have blamed them.

Adversity? F*ck you. Elite standards; team first or GTFO.

I cannot see this team being worse next year or the year after. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed success - the Bulldogs, GWS, Collingwood, maybe Richmond and Port would all be thinking the same. Heck Gold Coast will one day reap the benefits of their talent.

But we are there in amongst it.

Leaving now for Geelong would be like abandoning a group two days after leaving the Everest base camp to join a group returning from the summit in the hope of convincing them to turn around.

Leaving now for Collingwood or the Hawks would just be inexcusable - the Pies IMO are one of our direct competition for flags over the next 3-4 years, and going the Hawks, really?? Talk about trying to climb Everest via an escalator.

F*ck going home.

If Danger can't work out that most AFL players, let alone most people, don't get a chance to be part of something like what is happening now at the Crows then he is a lot dumber than I give him credit.

It's the managers job to create a stalking horse or two to maximise his clients earnings.

There are two possible scenarios at play:
a) Danger and his manager have devised a strategy to let the negotiation play out to the end of the year to maximise his value. Using time pressure as the negotiating tool (a standard negotiating tactic). Having rumours linking you to other clubs, getting offers in etc is all part of ensuring Adelaide come to the table
B) Danger is a momma' boy and wants to go home

In fairness, if A is what they've done then my god they have done it well. His price would have increased a bucketload between when, for example, Tex signed on until now. A combination of brilliant form, our team's good performances helping us to again believe that we aren't too far off the mark, and the pressure from the Victorian media all driving his price up, up and (hopefully not) away.

He signs on, and the supporters love him more than ever!

That's the way it is going to go. Fairytale ending, with the signing on ceremony to be conducted in the middle of the Skilled Stadium square after we trounce the Cats by 10 goals and secure a home final.

There is no one from our best 22 that is going to retire next year. Many of our best are either in or entering their prime.

Then we have young guns like CC, Bob, CEY, Brad C, Laird, Knight, Lever, Rat - all with great attitudes. No dickheads who you think - yeah good player, but geez... In fact all of them make the older players want to play better - and they sure as heck bring in the joy of the game.

The culture of this club is astonishing. After the events of this year they could have taken it easy and said "why us", put up the white flag, and to be honest, not many would have blamed them.

I cannot see this team being worse next year or the year after. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed success - the Bulldogs, GWS, Collingwood, maybe Richmond and Port would all be thinking the same. Heck Gold Coast will one day reap the benefits of their talent.

Leaving now for Geelong would be like abandoning a group two days after leaving the Everest base camp to join a group returning from the summit in the hope of convincing them to turn around.

Leaving now for Collingwood or the Hawks would just be inexcusable - the Pies IMO are one of our direct competition for flags over the next 3-4 years, and going the Hawks, really?? Talk about trying to climb Everest via an escalator.

F*ck going home.

If Danger can't work out that most AFL players, let alone most people, don't get a chance to be part of something like what is happening now at the Crows then he is a lot dumber than I give him credit.
POTY

F*ck going home.

Excellent

Seriously getting P.....d off about people making Dangerfield predictions

images

It's like " i have my hands on my ears " no listening ......i just want to get my ideas across

FFS read the tea leaves, read the signs, IMPORTANTLY listen to the man himself .......and stop the verbal diarrhea

1. He's not leaving for MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. He Loves the Adelaide Football club !!!!!!!!

3. If he goes for family .......do any of you have a clue how far Moggs Creek is from Melbourne is :rolleyes: ......how difficult the Geelong Freeway is to travel

4. If Mardi wants a job ? ......do people know how difficult the Geelong Job Market is ? ......again is she to work in Melbourne and travel to Geelong/Moggs daily

It is Geelong or Adelaide ....FULL STOP!! .....stop this Collingwood, Melbourne, s**t!
:mad:

Why would he want to leave this team. We build around him, it's his, tex and sloaneys team. The reward for seeing something through to the end rather than jumping ship would be so much greater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back