Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams has shat all over Geelong tonight. Poor disposal, but he ripped them a new one at the contest. A big reason why the pies have won. That kind of uber competitiveness has a place in the game.
Nothing wrong with a contested beast with poor disposal. Hell he plays for Collingwood, he might even win a Brownlow or two.

Greater Western Sydney bulldogs.

Go away gws you are a blight on the competition. Didn't pelchan demolish St kilda?
Na, Pelican was ok for St Kilda I thought, helped them in transition, seems Amit Bains is pulling a lot of strings there though now
All I can do is laugh.. They really love screwing us little guys. If it does happen I await Gordon and Beveridge's response, I'm hoping for a huge one.
Screwing Gold Coast for a change would be nice, they've held onto players and done deals with GWS through the mini-draft and have just drafted kids. Get em back for Harbrow and Cordy sometime.

Would love to see the meltdown from Gordon/Bev however.
I'm know I'm gonna be in the minority here but I'm genuinely intrigued at what Chris Pelchen could bring to the club. Definitely not at the expense of J-Mac or Dal, but I think he has a bit to offer, not just entirely on the list building front.
He had a few howlers at Hawthorn with Thorp/Dowler/Muston IIRC which is where he gets a bad rap from I believe, but he seems to have future planning skills, like St Kilda's 2020 vision for etc
I'd say we are on the hunt for another general manager of football. Graham Lowe was seen as pretty hopeless last year if people's sources are correct, but still had another year on his contract.

Pelchen was the GM at St Kilda before he left... Makes sense.
Lowe was in our high performance team before he became GM, Cordy left our high performance team, perhaps Lowe is shifting across there again for the remainder of his contract if Pelican was in discussions to come here?

Damien Barrett saying we're still into Carlisle and leading the way for Kruezer. Said Grants future undecided...

I'm know I'm gonna be in the minority here but I'm genuinely intrigued at what Chris Pelchen could bring to the club. Definitely not at the expense of J-Mac or Dal, but I think he has a bit to offer, not just entirely on the list building front.

I think you'll actually find you are in the majority. Nothing Pelchen adds that JMac or Dal don't already have IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game proves that we need to add to our key defender depth as well as add some skills to our team. Oh yeah, a key fwd wouldnt go astray as well.

Barring injuries we still have Roberts and Zaine to add to our current defence and if Roughy becomes 2nd ruck does he also play back. So I'm not so sure we need another key defender.

Last night showed me two things, (1) we are awesome and (2) as I suspected, Roughie is a more than serviceable ruckman. If we could add another mobile ruck like Kreuzer, it would be amazing. Neither would need to play extended time in the ruck, both could float around the ground and both are athletic enough to do whatever's needed.

Redpath has done a serviceable job but I think we need to bring Boyd in now.

Oh and Stringer and Bontempelli are extraordinary.

Last night showed me two things, (1) we are awesome and (2) as I suspected, Roughie is a more than serviceable ruckman. If we could add another mobile ruck like Kreuzer, it would be amazing. Neither would need to play extended time in the ruck, both could float around the ground and both are athletic enough to do whatever's needed.

Redpath has done a serviceable job but I think we need to bring Boyd in now.

Oh and Stringer and Bontempelli are extraordinary.

Yep big Kreuz sharing the ruck load with roughy and being able to play at times as a marking target will help us immensely. Roughy can push back onto the ruckman sized forwards as well.

Only then need the one true KPF in Boyd with Stringer and Crameri playing the other tall roles. Scrapping the sub rule is only going to make this work even better.

Anyone got an update on the Hunter situation. I'm getting worried now!!

Also getting quite worried about that now. However, if worst comes to worst and he does request a trade, he's surely going to net us a pretty good deal. What do we think he's worth? I'd want a round 1 pick upgrade or a quality best 22 player

Also getting quite worried about that now. However, if worst comes to worst and he does request a trade, he's surely going to net us a pretty good deal. What do we think he's worth? I'd want a round 1 pick upgrade or a quality best 22 player

I'd be asking for a late first rounder. Kid's past 6 games shows in a good side he can really play. Averaging 31 disposals in the past 6 games.

Late season form matters and I'd prefer he sign up but I'm content in the fact that he would get us a good player/pick and we have someone like Toby McLean ready to fill that position. Wouldn't be the end of the world but by god he has become valuable.

His salary asking price would be skyrocketing. Lot of clubs could do with him. If I'm another club I'd be asking what does Aish offer over Hunter. SFA. 100% hopeful he stays though. His late season turn around should be commended.

I can't understand this Hunter trade option.The guy is playing great footy,is locked in our best 22,is best mates with jake stringer,u basically can't separate the 2,so I don't understand.U surely can't think he wants out.

I can't understand this Hunter trade option.The guy is playing great footy,is locked in our best 22,is best mates with jake stringer,u basically can't separate the 2,so I don't understand.U surely can't think he wants out.

Rumours continue to float that he hasn't changed his mind about wanting out. I hope he has reconsidered and if he hasn't we drive up the price.

He's a 20 year old averaging 30 touches per game in the last six weeks and using the ball well too. Off the top of my head, other players to average close to 30 per game at that age in recent years would probably be treloar, shiel, libba, macrae and Greene (maybe heppell and prestia too?). If you add the fact that he's using the ball well, you can rule out Greene and possibly macrae. He is really in elite company. I wouldn't part with him unless it was for something huge and he wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back