Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys (and girls), just to reiterate, Fronk's right, we pass on what we hear and learn, info we believe to be true, for the benefit of you all. We dont have time to make lies up for our own egos, this forum is simply a way of getting those who are most passionate about the club some information which they might not hear elsewhere and might find interesting.

The information is never going to be always right - things change - this week being a perfect example - but it's done for the right reason.

Now, I'm off to kick my pet bomber.

I know essendon supporters aren't exactly welcome here now but Pann and Fronk were probably spot on with their info, it's just that Connors is the best in the business at selling false hope and driving up prices.

For me, I'm happy we paid a high price to retain Hurls and I don't think it's much above what he would have been offered elsewhere. But he's a heart and soul player and a big part of rebuilding the club. I think all that they've been through has made the guys a really tight knit group and I'm glad we get to see at least most of them see it out together.

You guys seem to have been building a great group and culture, no doubt there is success in your future.

Would have loved Hurley and I think our offer to him would of been about right so yeah, if he wanted to leave he would have.

I still don't get how someone like Prestia picks the Tigers. And Cloke gone too. Not much quality available now. Maybe McKenzie and a few GWS players.

And i'd never trade a future 1st round pick... Too much can change in 12 months and its too risky to miss out on a player who may want to come to us.

My concern now is that we put all our attention into Hurley and that other teams around us have already made handshake agreements with other players.

These deals are highly secretive. few people know what the inner circle is looking for bc they are required to keep their cards close to their chest. we seem to be building a good list and we have very good trade bait. they will get good people to our club, imo

Let's all just watch Hurley fade away in the rearview, enough has been said. Unfortunately the cupboard is looking pretty bare this trade period.

Boristown, do you spend any time on the NM board or just ours? Just curious

Given North's rapidly declining year, I'm too afraid to spend too much of my time over there. Can be a bit...aggressive.

Reckon you guys got royally dicked by Connors. Might be good at his job, if driving up prices by burning others is the name of the game. Doesn't mean he's not a giant douche canoe, especially if reports are true that he didn't have the stones to call the Dogs prior to it being announced. Pathetic if thats the case.

Given North's rapidly declining year, I'm too afraid to spend too much of my time over there. Can be a bit...aggressive.

Reckon you guys got royally dicked by Connors. Might be good at his job, if driving up prices by burning others is the name of the game. Doesn't mean he's not a giant douche canoe, especially if reports are true that he didn't have the stones to call the Dogs prior to it being announced. Pathetic if thats the case.

Ok Manofclay

I mean Boris

Hey all, this thread getting too big.. Who wants the honours of starting the new one?

Considering the OP of this one was banned for posting pr0n several times, probably not a bad idea anyway. :cool:

Hey all, this thread getting too big.. Who wants the honours of starting the new one?

Considering the OP of this one was banned for posting pr0n several times, probably not a bad idea anyway. :cool:

I'll do it. I always wonder what happened to GB he made MD look like a Disney character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back