No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice little distraction in Geelong going on. Their club is in financial trouble, they did hang on to, maybe 3 veterans longer than they should of. Hawkins is not a forward to lead them out of oblivion, to which they face. They were pathetic against collingwood and st kilda. The club should be receiving a lot of heat from the members.

Their list is in a bad way, be a while before they can draft out of it. The town is also pretty screwed with ford packing up and going.

This Dangerfield add campaign is a nice distraction.

To put it bluntly, Dangerfield is a dickhead if he goes to that s**t.

I was watching them trying to go forward against Collingwood and thought, if they try that s**t against us, we'll smash them. We've destroyed the system of west coast and Richmond, their old men won't get out the back of our zone, our speed of ball movement will put them all in wheel chairs.

If they lose this week, they're 3 to 4 games out the eight, thats a long way for a Victorian team.

I had a look a their list a few weeks ago and I would hate to be in their position. Not only do they have 10 players over 30 on their list, but there would have to be some big concerns that Tom Hawkins looks shot and Mitch Clarke has been a bust and could potentially retire again and move back to Perth.

Essentially their whole back line is comprised of senior players over 30 and with the concerns over Hawkins and Clarke they also have a very suspect forward line as well.

It's going to take more than recruiting Scott Selwood, Danger and Henderson to bring this team back from the abyss.

I had a look a their list a few weeks ago and I would hate to be in their position. Not only do they have 10 players over 30 on their list, but there would have to be some big concerns that Tom Hawkins looks shot and Mitch Clarke has been a bust and could potentially retire again and move back to Perth.

Essentially their whole back line is comprised of senior players over 30 and with the concerns over Hawkins and Clarke they also have a very suspect forward line as well.

It's going to take more than recruiting Scott Selwood, Danger and Henderson to bring this team back from the abyss.
You're probably right, but I'd love to be able to console myself with 3 premiership cups. That's worth 10 down years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the old men, don't even know where they stand. Geelong are a complete shambles.

Agreed, to me that club looks like it's about to fall off a cliff. I think a number of their younger players have had the benefit of the relative safety net that is playing in a side that contains Bartel, Johnson, Kelly, Selwood, Mackie, Taylor, Kelly, Enright and Hawkins. They're about to lose a fair chunk of that and I think they'll struggle. You'd hate to be their list managers right now, stuck between a rock and a hard place, on the one hand they retain the bulk of those premiership heroes for a year of two and remain competitive, but only prolong the inevitable and ultimately their climb back up the ladder, or they take the leap now, either way, I'm not sure it's a club I'd really want to go to right now.

Agreed, to me that club looks like it's about to fall off a cliff. I think a number of their younger players have had the benefit of the relative safety net that is playing in a side that contains Bartel, Johnson, Kelly, Selwood, Mackie, Taylor, Kelly, Enright and Hawkins. They're about to lose a fair chunk of that and I think they'll struggle. You'd hate to be their list managers right now, stuck between a rock and a hard place, on the one hand they retain the bulk of those premiership heroes for a year of two and remain competitive, but only prolong the inevitable and ultimately their climb back up the ladder, or they take the leap now, either way, I'm not sure it's a club I'd really want to go to right now.

I agree, it will be interesting to see how these younger players fare once the experience is gone and there is more pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back